“Excellent”

Description: best Indian available in the area
Dallas, TX
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am Indian and I traveled to Florence, SC for a week on business. This restaurant is awesome. I got the chicken tikka masala with rice and naan and completely killed whatever food that came in front of me lol. If you like Indian food and/or like to explore different foods and have yet to try this food then I TOTALLY recommend this place. I had such low expectations coming in since I didn't know how this place would be in a small town but this restaurant rivals any other Indian restaurants in the country. This is coming from a frequent and avid traveler and have eaten at Indian restaurants all over the world.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank brownspare

Florence, South Carolina
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have eaten here several times both from the lunch buffet and from the supper menu and have never had a bad meal. The buffet is not large but it has nice offerings for lunch and is a great way to try several kinds of dishes. I have ordered several meals off the menu and have enjoyed all of them. The garlic chill naan is great but should be avoided if you do not like spicy bread. The staff is very friendly (sometimes a little overly friendly) but you not have to worry about your cup being empty or running out of anything. It is not the cheapest place to eat in town but it is unique and very good. The food is also not what I would generally consider overly hot or spicy. The buffet changes daily and besides the tandoori chicken and the chicken tikka masala, the selections have been different every time I have had lunch there. Definitely one of my favorite places to eat.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Botzworth
Florence, South Carolina
“Really enjoyable Indian meal!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We enjoy Indian food and this is the only restaurant of its kind in Florence. They offer a buffet at lunch in addition to their menu. We chose the buffet because we wanted to enjoy a variety of the Indian dishes we had been missing. The buffet had several offerings, in small quantities, which they replenished regularly. We enjoyed the unique tastes of each entree and our waiter was attentive and helpful. I am really looking forward to going back for dinner and ordering off the menu as the variety of choices is more extensive. The restaurant itself is pleasant with lots of natural light during the day. The restaurant is located near the McLeod Hospital complex and about a 5-10 minute drive from the interstate which would be worth the trip!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank WhichWay?
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Most Excellent”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My favorite Indian restaurant is in NY. I've lived in SC for 11 years & never found any that come close UNTIL we found Chutnee.

The food here is better than NY/NJ. The buffet is great & allows us to taste many flavors & all we want. We've eaten here a dozen or more times. It's ALWAYS delicious.

The owners, although a little too much interaction (I don't want to chat long, I want to eat) are very helpful with telling you what the foods are.

The place is also very clean.

• Visited August 2012