“SWEET cupcakes & SWEET Laurie”

Sweet Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #4 of 11 Dessert in Florence
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The cupcakes are just part of the reason to visit SWEET! When you enter SWEET, Laurie treats you like an old friend. The welcome is warm and you leave feeling a lot better than you did when you came in. Go tell Laurie Hi & get a cupcake!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you like very sweet cupcakes served by friendly people this is the place. The woman at the counter was pleasant and its a nice place to sit and enjoy desert.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've had all different kinds of cupcakes here and they are all the best of their kind. The Burris on Tuesday is my favorite: peanut butter and chocolate. I also love the Night and Day (chocolate with vanilla buttercream). My husband loves the red velvet. Best cupcakes ever!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. And the cupcakes!!! The baker was bringing them out fresh while we were enjoying ours. Great place for coffee and dessert.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Well,after having tried Coccadotts Cupcakes in Myrtle Beach, and Georgetown Cupcakes in D.C., I decided to give Sweet Cupcakes in Florence a try as well.
I ordered a dozen from the menu selection, and was disappointed that you can only get certain cupcakes on a particular day. The person who took my order was friendly and professional, and she was genuinely sincere about making sure that I got the best customer service.
I also had to pay in advance for my order, which I've never had to do at any bakery, so that was disappointing.
I have to say that Sweet's cupcakes are very pricey($36.30 for a dozen once you pay tax)and even though there are several flavors to choose from, I found the cupcakes disappointing in both taste and texture. The icing was overly sweet, and semi-hardened on each cupcake. The Black Pearl is suppossed to have a chocolate filling, but I found it had been absorbed by the cake.
Maybe I just tried the wrong flavors(I tried 5 ), but there was honestly something missing with this cupcake experience, and I doubt I will be a repeat customer.

3  Thank Diane R

Been to Sweet Cafe & Bakery? Share your experiences!