I don't travel or make online hotel reservations often and will be extremely careful next time I do. My family and I are traveling to MD and VA. I made an online hotel reservation at Holiday Inn E&S in Florence, SC on 7/18/2010 before our travels because I wanted to be assured a clean, comfortable room during our travels. This hotel seemed like a very nice place. Since then, our plans have changed and we will not be able to stay at the hotel. I called the hotel on 7/22/2010 to cancel my reservation for 7/30/2010. Much to my surprise I was informed that I could cancel my reservation but would still be charged $114 because I made reservations online for a non-refundable advanced purchase. WHAT? Where was that fine print or how could I have overlooked something as important as that? I talked to the Manager, Angie Barrentine, to see if she would please credit my account the amount they charged me but she refused and did nothing to help. I called Holiday Inn Guest Services and filed a complaint and will be writing a letter to Corporate and the Owner (franchise) to express my disapproval of their policy. I feel like I have been ripped off. I called way in advance to cancel so why should I have to pay for a service I am not going to utilize. If they wanted they could reimburse me but as Ms. Barrentine said, "If I do it for you I have to do it for everyone". I guess this happens all the time and they are making out on this on-line advanced reservation When I asked for the name of the General Manager, Angie refused to give me the name of the general manager and said she was it. SCAM! BEWARE TO YOU ALL!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence South Carolina.This premiere hotel is superbly located in the suburbs of Florence, SC, away from the hustle and bustle for a great night sleep but just minutes to Florence Regional Airport, area businesses, restaurants, attractions and shopping.A Great Business Location! The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is well located to fine companies such as Peterbilt, DuPont, Smurfit-Stone Container, Crenlo, H. J. Heinz, Beneteau, FedEx, Roche Carolina, NuCor Steel, Koppers Industries, ABB, Maytag, IFH, Iron Mountain, Wellmans, Pee Dee Electric Cooperative, SteelFab, Johnson Controls, Pepsi, Blanchard Machinery and many others. The hotel offers the select services a business traveler needs for a productive visit. Our four-story, interior corridor hotel boasts 86 guest rooms & suites. Attention to detail provides the warmth and comfort of personalized service . . . for every guest, time after time. Packed with amenities! We offer the amenities and services needed to make your stay productive and enjoyable such as our heated indoor pool, complimentary 24 hr. business center with high speed Internet access, guest laundry, on-site fitness center, and meeting facilities but our finest attribute is our friendly staff. We look forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florence i-95 @ Hwy 327
- Holiday Inn Florence
- Holiday Inn Express Florence
- Florence Holiday Inn