“Horrible customer service and policies” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Horrible customer service and policies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very simple, Return customer, I gave them more than 24hrs notice, they do not refund your money if you cancel your reservation. If I knew this policy I would have booked else where. Things happen in people's lives, should they be charged for nothing? Manager was very arrogant saying I should not be angry, sure I'll be happy that you are stealing my money with out providing a service. They seem to be so cheap and greedy that they don't even air condition their hallways.

Go to a Hampton Inn. It's a better hotel in every way and prices are CHEAPER! Same amenities free and better breakfast oh and they offer full refunds and air condition their hallways!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Posiden226
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I do apologize again for the cancellation policy, and do hope that you will continue to use our brand.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel was the perfect place to spend the night as we traveled along I95 over the Labor Day Weekend. There are 2 Holiday inn Express & Suites in the Florence area, and honestly I picked this one because it had the availability we needed when booking the reservation - 2 queen beds in a suite. What a delightful surprise! We arrived around 11pm, we were greeted warmly by the desk clerk on duty who efficiently checked us in. When we reached our room, we were dlighted to find a large, spacious room that was nicely furnished. The room was well maintianed with comfy beds and a spotless bathroom (critical for me). Breakfast was better than many 'express' breakfasts - lots of variety: sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs, bacon, signature Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls, plus the usual assortment of danish, yogurt, cereals, etc. The breakfast bar was well-stocked and and again, spotless. Upon checkout, the desk clerk made sure our stay was pleasant and invited us back the next time we were in the area. There are lots of hotel choices in the area, especially an exit or two down where I-20 intersects I95, but this one provided easy access from the interstate and the area isn't congested. The only drawback is that there aren't a lot of restaurants in the area; however, since we arrived late and left early, we could have missed them. If you're lookng for a great place to stay in Florence area, treat yourself to this Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words and great review! As with all reviews I will share this with my staff! With so many lodging choices out there we are happy that you chose us and we look forward to your next stay!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Well, If you're lookin for a quiet & safe place to stop overnight just off I-95 without the hassle of a busy city roads downtown...then, this is your best bet for your transit stop.
Our upper room #417 was squeaky clean with open space views, a standard room/ bathroom size good enough for our family of 5 (2 queens).
I can say this hotel is probably less than 2 yrs old bec it's still smells new & furnishings are in mint conditions esp. the mattresses (have a bad back but didn't complaint when I woke up :).
With a cozy dine area with flat screen TV & fireplace for free breakfast, clean lobby, abundant parking areas & open spaces around the property. Thou, I noticed numbers of truck trailers parked around the property w/c I think are hotel's transients too.
Both front desk persons during chk in/ out were very respectful esp. on AM shift person who also prepared the coffee & breakfast. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Toyniki
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and the thought you put into it! I have passed along your comments to my staff thank you and we hope you stay with us again the next time you find yourself in Florence, SC!
asheville, nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

In this class of hotel, this was definitely better than most. Super clean rooms and comfortable beds. Little noisy so ask for a room on the back side. Typically breakfast with a nice area to eat, relax or watch tv. Cookies in the lobby are an added bonus :) More expensive that I would have thought but maybe because of the time of year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank your for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay please if you need anything let us know! I look forward to your next stay!
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. The bed was super comfortable, great breakfast with lots of options, and loved the pool. The staff was very helpful with finding a place for dinner. We will definitly be staying a this hotel the next time we are in Florence.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much and we appreciate the review! Please return the next time you are passing through!
Nags Head, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Not disappointed at all - we got what we expected at a HIE. Breakfast was a real good start to the next day. We did have to drive a bit to find a restaurant for dinner but the price difference between this hotel and the ones at Exit 160 that most folks go to first was well worth it.
We'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review we do appreciate you taking the time to rate us! We hope to see you again the next time you go through Florence!
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

After 500+ miles was glad to find a convenient, clean and relatively quiet location. Staff was friendly and the room was clean. Breakfast was stantard fair but the room was clean. Will stay with them again when in the area.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! We do appreciate your feedback and hope that in the future you will stay with us again.