Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. The bed was super comfortable, great breakfast with lots of options, and loved the pool. The staff was very helpful with finding a place for dinner. We will definitly be staying a this hotel the next time we are in Florence.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you so much and we appreciate the review! Please return the next time you are passing through!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Not disappointed at all - we got what we expected at a HIE. Breakfast was a real good start to the next day. We did have to drive a bit to find a restaurant for dinner but the price difference between this hotel and the ones at Exit 160 that most folks go to first was well worth it.
We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your review we do appreciate you taking the time to rate us! We hope to see you again the next time you go through Florence!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

After 500+ miles was glad to find a convenient, clean and relatively quiet location. Staff was friendly and the room was clean. Breakfast was stantard fair but the room was clean. Will stay with them again when in the area.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you so much for the review! We do appreciate your feedback and hope that in the future you will stay with us again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights to attend a wedding. Was clean, well maintained property. Is very convenient to
The Country Club of South Carolina where we attended the reception after the wedding. The breakfast was above average in a very clean and well maintained breakfast area.
I did find the Internet very slow on one of the 2nights we stayed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you! Your wedding party was a very quiet group! Thank you for staying with us on such a happy occasion! We look forward to your next stay if you find yourself in the Florence area!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My daughter wanted to spend her 6th birthday weekend with her best friend at a hotel that serves breakfast and has a pool to swim in. We arrived at this hotel at a little before 5 pm on Friday afternoon after reading an ad that stated this hotel includes a heated indoor pool. I asked the clerk for pool hours and he advised and i explained the reason this was important. Once checked in, the room was neat and clean so we immediately were able to changed into our bathing suits and head to swim. Once we arrived poolside, we realized it was FREEZING cold water. The girls were hesitant but bc my daughters birthday wish was to swim in this pool, they got in anyway. I was unable to get into this pool because it was just too cold. I spoke with the hotel clerk which stated "I don't know what's wrong with it, I'll come reset the heat". I carried the kids back to the room and we ate dinner while waiting for the pool to hear. An hour later, we returned and the pool was STILL Freezing. The kids, again, did not want to not be able to swim and it was raining out so we didn't want to pack up and drive to find another location, so they got in and swam. I called the clerk again and he came back to "reset" the heat. I was still not able to get in and enjoy this occasion as I had intended to because the water Temp never changed. The breakfast the following morning wasn't the best but the girls enjoyed cereal and milk so they were pleased with that. After breakfast, we decided to try to swim one last time. The clerk that was on duty for the morning came in and "reset" the heat a 3rd time. I'm sure they all knew from check in that the heat in this pool was broken but no one was honest about it or offered anything to be done. I am not interested in staying at this location again and would not recommend it to anyone. So disgusted and definitely not worth the cost to ruin this special weekend.

• Stayed: April 2013
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I do apologize there was a problem with the heater in the pool, and the repairman told us to reset it if it stopped working, but you are so right you should have been told that there are 20,000 gallons of water in there and it only heats up about 1/2 a degree an hour so it really takes a full day to get it completely warm again we normally keep it on 88 degrees. Please feel free to contact me @ 843-629-9779, again I do apologize. A new heater has been purchased and installed, but I will make sure my staff understands that 20,000 gallons of water will not heat up in a couple of hours, and I am truly sorry that it ruined your 6 year olds birthday.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The check-in process was unacceptable. There were at least five people waiting to check in with one person at the desk. There was someone in the office, but rather than come out to help she yelled out comments to the desk clerk, which only distracted him, making the process even slower. I am a platinum priority club member, but was not recognized or greeted as one. I guess I had to repeatedly advise the staff, as the woman before had, to receive recognition or the welcome bag. There is no sleeping in this hotel. I don't believe that anyone in the area has a muffler installed on their vehicle. All night long, I was awake listening to the sounds of loud vehicles. The general manager was dismissive of any complaint or suggestion. Her attitude was generally rude. The breakfast area was clean and the staff helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank yo so much for the survey and I would like to apoligize for the problems that you experienced at our property, and would like very much to discuss them with you further if you would like. It is our goal that all of our guests be satisfied when they stay with us and was sad to hear that we did not even come close to meeting your expectations. Please if you would like to discuss this with me please call 843-629-9779. Thank you again for your business and thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

the hotel over all was not to bad the dinning room and breakfast were excellent. the pool room was nice. the room was not clean the tv had so much grease on the screen i had to clean if off to be able to see the picture. no towel racks in the bathroom for wet towels.i would not stay here again. there are a lot of hotels in the area choose another.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I do apologize that your TV screen was filthy this should never happen, but appreciate that you are telling us now so that we can look into it. If you would not mind could you provided me with the room number that you stayed inand the date of your stay so we can investigate properly? Thank you so much and again I do apologize and please give us one more shot if you are in the Florence area!