“Do not stay at this hotel if you want to sleep!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The check-in process was unacceptable. There were at least five people waiting to check in with one person at the desk. There was someone in the office, but rather than come out to help she yelled out comments to the desk clerk, which only distracted him, making the process even slower. I am a platinum priority club member, but was not recognized or greeted as one. I guess I had to repeatedly advise the staff, as the woman before had, to receive recognition or the welcome bag. There is no sleeping in this hotel. I don't believe that anyone in the area has a muffler installed on their vehicle. All night long, I was awake listening to the sounds of loud vehicles. The general manager was dismissive of any complaint or suggestion. Her attitude was generally rude. The breakfast area was clean and the staff helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank yo so much for the survey and I would like to apoligize for the problems that you experienced at our property, and would like very much to discuss them with you further if you would like. It is our goal that all of our guests be satisfied when they stay with us and was sad to hear that we did not even come close to meeting your expectations. Please if you would like to discuss this with me please call 843-629-9779. Thank you again for your business and thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

the hotel over all was not to bad the dinning room and breakfast were excellent. the pool room was nice. the room was not clean the tv had so much grease on the screen i had to clean if off to be able to see the picture. no towel racks in the bathroom for wet towels.i would not stay here again. there are a lot of hotels in the area choose another.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I do apologize that your TV screen was filthy this should never happen, but appreciate that you are telling us now so that we can look into it. If you would not mind could you provided me with the room number that you stayed inand the date of your stay so we can investigate properly? Thank you so much and again I do apologize and please give us one more shot if you are in the Florence area!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Traveling on I-95 we had several choices of motels. This trip I decided to stay in a Holiday Inn Express and build up some points on my "card".

Taking a chance on a motel I had never seen, I was pleasantly suprised.

The staff was very friendly, and I asked for a room near the indoor pool and near the entrance. They offered me a nice, large room that was between the entrance and the pool and the breakfast area. The gym was nice and the indoor pool was great. You may think it would be a noisy area of the building to stay in but it was nice and quiet. They must have soundproof walls or something.

There were fresh homemade cookies in the main lobby and coffee too.
They have a nice computer room complete with a printer. The building looked new but I don't have any idea how old it is.

There were plenty of places to eat nearby and a nice farm store down the street with a deli and bakery and farmers market and country store.

Florence was larger and had more going on than I ever imagined, this 2 night stay was a pleasant suprise and the motel was a perfect stay for me.

The motel is near the highway but set back enough you don't hear the traffic.
The breakfast bar had eggs and bacon plus all of the other goodies with plenty of fresh fruit and pancakes. The dining room was sunny, large and even had a fireplace and newspapers. They even have a laundry room if you need it.

It was a nice enjoyable stay and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell the staff what you want because they gave me exactly what I asked for and more. I...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for you kind words! Our goal is your satisfaction, and we look forward to serving you the next time you come to Florence with so many choices out there we are glad you chose our hotel and were pleased.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great stop after 12 hrs on the road. Easy access off the exit, and 14 minutes later we're in the heated pool, thanks to Glenn for a quick check-in. Hot coffee in the lobby at 5 am is appreciated by insomniacs everywhere.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your review online as well as the one you did at our hotel! I have passed on your compliments to Loreye and Glenn they are greatly appreciated!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

On 12/22/12 - Arrived @ 7:45 pm after driving 17 hrs, expecting a good night's rest for my family & I. At 10:45 pm the fire/smoke alarms went off - had to evacuate. No management or staff members present to direct, assist or advise. Stood in our nightclothes in lobby with other patrons & nobody from the hotel staff reassured us that it was safe to return to our rooms...we had to inquire. Alarms were beeping for about 30 minutes. Once they stopped we went back to our rooms..THEN FOR THE 2ND TIME ...at 4:45 a.m...alarms went off again!!!! We were startled & scared with upset children. Manager was not on-site neither time & we were told she was "on her way" when she should have been there. Also..no sign of fire dept, or police. Customers were irate, complaining, & demanding an explanation! Since we didn't get any sleep whatsoever, we packed up & checked out. Sent letter to Holiday Inn customer care & spoke to manager Angela Barentine regarding a credit. She was extremely rude, talked over me, very argumentative, & hung up on me telling me to "have a good day". I now have contacted AAA to dispute the charge & am forwarding my letter of complaint to the owner, Mr. Patel. Perhaps I should also forward the video my daughter took with her cellphone showing the chaos, upset patrons & more importantly - that NO STAFF (except for 1 person at check-in counter) NO MANAGER, NO FIRE DEPT. NOR POLICE were present to manage the situation. Don't even want to think of what would have happened if it were an actual fire or major emergency. Very disappointed with this particular hotel in Florence, S.C. location and it's poor customer service. After all, the customers are what keep it in business!!

Josephine DeGirolamo
Hull, Massachusetts

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear amaretto901,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in town on business. It is a very nice hotel and the rooms have always been nice and clean. The front desk clerks are always very polite and helpful in any way, especially the young man that checked me in last week during my afternoon arrival. (Sorry I don't recall his name) On my last stay the other week, the only negative I encountered was the breakfast both mornings. I went to get breakfast around 6:45 both mornings and there was no coffee the first morning and only one pot full the next. There was barely any food out and this kind of puzzled me being down there this early. Other than that, my stay(s) have always been nice here. One other note...there are very few places to eat real close by but this hotel has some of the best prices compared to the others closer to the downtown area. Overall great hotel and I will most likely continue to stay at this location when in town on business !

Room Tip: Not many places to eat close by, so you will have to drive into town about 10 miles or so to find so...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We have addressed the issue with the coffee @ 6:45am so hopefully this will be resolved! Thank you for your business!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

it was a basic hotel off 95......we were heading home to Fl. and decided to stop for the night. The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing special. We did not stay for breakfast as we had an early early start.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your review! I always appreciate it when I hear from our guests so thank you again. I am glad you found the room clean and the beds comfortable, and please remember us again when you come to Florence we hope to be your first stop and maybe you will have time for breakfast then!