Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for a night on a road trip from New York to Florida. Ended up getting to the hotel at 10am when our reservation was for 4pm. Poor planning on our part. The staff made sure to have our room ready as fast as possible since all of us were falling asleep on the couches in the lobby. Our room was spacious, the beds were huge and comfortable, and more importantly the hotel was very quiet for 2 o'clock in the afternoon so an afternoon nap was easy to come by. The complimentary breakfast was definitely one of the best we've had. One of us even tried biscuits with gravy and loved it! It's definitely something us new yorkers rarely came by. Overall it was a great stop on our road trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate all feedback from our guests! I look forward to the next time you are passing through Florence, SC so that you can stay with us again! Thank you for your business we do appreciate it!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff. No hot tub! I was a little let down by this as I was looking forward to a nice soak after being on the road all day. But overall, nice stay. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your business!!! And thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel! Please stay with us the next time you are in Florence!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had a great stay at this Holiday Inn Express! The Hotel was very clean and right off I-95. The staff was very friendly and helpful! The room was very large, double queen beds, with comfortable matresses and pillows. The included breakfast was a nice surprise, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, eggs, sausage, all kind of breads, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, cereal, very good coffee. Big savings with a traveling family. This the only hotel off I-95’s Exit 170, so the previous post must have confused the actual location of their stay. I would stay here again and recommend this great find! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank oscmj
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

THANK YOU so much for your feedback! We appreciate all feedback from our guest and we are delighted to hear that your stay was great! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

excellent customer service, what a wonderful staff member Sandra was !!! we will stay here anytime we pass that way again. clean cheap and cozy the 3 C's strike again !!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aaronk737

Thank you so much for your feedback and I have made sure that Sandra has seen your review! We really appreciate your business and your feedback! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was a nice hotel and friendly staff. My only complaint was that I tried twice to contact the front desk and no one ever answered the phone. When I walked out there was no one there. We were needing assistance in the breakfast area and still could not find anyone to help. Room was priced a little high for the area

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank mhurtrail

Thank you so much for you review and your stay! I would like to apologize that there was no staff member at the desk or in breakfast, and will look into that so thank you for informing me. Usually the only time the front desk is not present is if there is another guest needing assistance in there room or something of that nature, but they have a sign to put on the counter so that you know they are gone but will be right back. Please try us again next time you are in the area and you will see a good difference in your stay. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times. Once I stayed almost week and had a very pleasant experience. On June 16th I arrived at approx. 6 pm and requested one of their rooms that had a jet tube due to back problem I have. I didn't try to get a reduction on the price of $139.00 per night. I told them I had to go a visit some people and would return in a few hours.
Upon my arrival I headed streight to the tub to run a bath. I found PUBIC hairs in the tub, and the filter was brown. Needless to say NO MUCH NEED BATH FOR ME. I had driven 10+ hours from Cape Coral Fl. I was so tired I rinsed the tub took a quick shower and redressed and went to the front desk where I was treated fairly with a fifty dollar reduction and an offer to move me to another room. I was to tired for that so I retired for the evening.
When I got home I realized that I had left a small black wallet with $1500.00 in it and a insurance I.D card in it. I called the hotel immediately, and of course no one found any such wallet. I understand it was my fault I forgot it, but it does not say much for the staff that work there to find a wallet I KNOW I left there and just pocket the money. I know I would never have done such a thing. I also know that the person who cleaned that room would have been FIRED. They offered me NOTHING more than an apology. This hotel has been my favorite and I have recommended it to friends and family who live in my area and in SC. Makes me very sad. Due to the pubic hair in the tube and the thief of my money I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in are quiet. Inspect your room prior to giving them your money, and take s...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear R H,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apology for the overall issues you had during your stay. We'd like to welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details so we have sent you a private message. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 28, 2012

THIS Holiday Inn Express REFUSES to refund a reservation we had to cancel. Mind you, we cancelled TEN days in advance, and only AFTER we attempted to rebook the same hotel for an earlier night only to find they had NO rooms available. We ended up staying at ANOTHER Holiday Inn, but since they are independently owned and operated it is not enough. So, this single mom of 5, traveling with half the brood and an 82 year old great aunt, living on a fixed income, is out an additional $158.00 and will from now on NEVER give them my patronage again. Email them at this address and tell them this kind of customer service is NOT acceptable!
abarrentine@high-risehotels.com
They keep saying I AGREED to a non refundable room - no, I agreed to pay the room in advance, but did not have ANY indication it was nonrefundable until after I confirmed it! And ten days notice, during high season where it was readily re-booked, and staying at a sister hotel, you would think they would place a higher emphasis on customer satisfaction than being greedy!

Room Tip: We have stayed here in the past. Never again!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Thepuckgoddess
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you so much for giving us feedback on your recent reservation and I do apologize for any misunderstanding - I have copied and pasted the exact wording from our website for you

Book Early & Save - Advance Purchase Looking to stretch your travel dollars? Lock in special savings just by booking early and purchasing your stay in advance. Reservation requires full prepayment for the entire stay at the time of booking, and is non-refundable. Payment is charged to your credit card between the time of booking and day of arrival.

Unfortunately it is our policy that once it is booked it can not be refunded. If we refund one persons then we have to refund all so to be fair we do not refund any. I do apologize for the misunderstanding, and hope that you will continue using our brand!