“Nice place for a short stay in a less than impressive city”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Nice place for a short stay in a less than impressive city”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family and I stayed 2 nights at this property while in town for a wedding. Everything looked very new and was very clean. Breakfast was included in the rate - lots of hot and cold choices, including bacon or sausage, gravy, biscuits, and cinnamon rolls. Beds had extra pillows, with some firm and some not so firm. I really liked that because I hate sleeping on flat pillows! Only two complaints - one was that the water pressure on the shower was too high, and therefore I could never get it adjusted to a flow less than painful when it hit my more tender parts! Secondly, you might want to request a room on the back of the property due to noise levels. My parents were on the front (even numbered rooms) and complained about road noise both nights. We were on the other side (odd numbered room) and had no noise problems at all.

One other advantage of this property is that (compared to the other exit off I-95 in Florence with a lot of hotels) there is far less traffic. Of course, that also means less food options, so your opinion may vary!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jsh
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback! We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the Florence area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Annapolis, MD
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This place is good. The pool is an indoor pool which is NEVER crowded. Your room fee includes a hot breakfast. The suites are large with a pull out couch for kids and a small kitchen area with a microwave.
It's right next door to a Zaxby's, across the street from a McDonald's. One thing, if you're looking for activity, there isn't any. This place is one of the first exits as you get into Florence, so it's not near the mall, shopping, etc. It's a welcome place to rest on your way to Florida or other parts south. My husband and I have stayed there with our two small girls over 5 times and return every time we're driving through.
One word to the traveling parties that stop: Please please please tip the housekeeping staff. The economy is hard on everyone and this place is clean, relatively inexpensive (considering breakfast is included, the size of the suites). They should be rewarded for doing their jobs well and being so friendly in the process.
Another tip: Stay on the 4th floor. The rooms are bigger, for some reason!
Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie21037
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words in the review! We look forward to your next stay!
south carolina
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Just needed a place to get a "good nights sleep"....shouldn't have stopped here, because the road noise was ridiculous!! I think I have slept better in downtown New York City. Trucks were wizzing by all night long and there was no way to filter out the noise...When you pay over $100.00/night for a hotel room...I expect a decent sleep environment...don't stop here!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank trexaiken
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night while traveling. It was okay but not great.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I don't travel or make online hotel reservations often and will be extremely careful next time I do. My family and I are traveling to MD and VA. I made an online hotel reservation at Holiday Inn E&S in Florence, SC on 7/18/2010 before our travels because I wanted to be assured a clean, comfortable room during our travels. This hotel seemed like a very nice place. Since then, our plans have changed and we will not be able to stay at the hotel. I called the hotel on 7/22/2010 to cancel my reservation for 7/30/2010. Much to my surprise I was informed that I could cancel my reservation but would still be charged $114 because I made reservations online for a non-refundable advanced purchase. WHAT? Where was that fine print or how could I have overlooked something as important as that? I talked to the Manager, Angie Barrentine, to see if she would please credit my account the amount they charged me but she refused and did nothing to help. I called Holiday Inn Guest Services and filed a complaint and will be writing a letter to Corporate and the Owner (franchise) to express my disapproval of their policy. I feel like I have been ripped off. I called way in advance to cancel so why should I have to pay for a service I am not going to utilize. If they wanted they could reimburse me but as Ms. Barrentine said, "If I do it for you I have to do it for everyone". I guess this happens all the time and they are making out on this on-line advanced reservation When I asked for the name of the General Manager, Angie refused to give me the name of the general manager and said she was it. SCAM! BEWARE TO YOU ALL!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
94 Thank lindamwarner
I do apologize again for the confusion in the ADVANCE PURCHASE rate that you booked. IHG has had the ADVANCE PURCHASE rate ever since I have worked with them (2003) and it has not changed in the past 8 years it has always been a rate you purchase when you book the reservation and there are no cancellations- if you do cancel your payment is nonrefundable.
The exact wording of the rate description online is "Take advantage of special savings when you book early. This rate is nonrefundable, requires full prepayment, and is charged to your credit card between time of booking and day of arrival. "
I do apologize again for this matter, and did offer to change your date of arrival but you declined.
Angela Barrentine
Tampa, FL
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Off I-95 at exit 170, the hotel is nice, comfy, full free breakfast and room has all the extras you'd expect from Holiday Inn. I found it quiet, staff was very nice and professional and overall a pleasant experience. If you want to eat out or shop, you have to drive south about 9 miles for the Mall. I found it just a bit pricey for the budget traveler but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank WBA-Man
Rice VA
Reviewed June 29, 2010

So glad we finally found a decent motel along I-95. The last few, right off the expressway, have been pretty rough. This motel was about 1/2 mile off 95-20 so there was no traffic noise or congestion. Had young kids with us and didn't want to have to go back out for dinner. The ladies at the front desk provided me with info on 2 pizza places that delivered. The pool was fine and there was an outside patio. The room itself was small but clean w/good quality bedding and towels. Breakfast was adequate w/healthy choices and good coffee. I'll stay here again - an excellent 1/2 way spot between central Virginia and Jacksonville FL.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family