“A very relaxing and pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Atlanta, Georgia
“A very relaxing and pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the service over all was professional and accommodating. This is unique for a budget hotel. I give this Extended stay not one, but two thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear Dellyranx

We, at Suburban, use your reviews as tests that indicates where we are succeeding or failing. Thanks for giving us some of your valuable time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

Ny family often travels from the Boston area down to Florida for vacations, and we stop at either N. Carolina or S. Carolina for one night as a rest stop. Since we are basically checking in only for about 6-8 hours of sleep and moving on, I don't budget for a 4-star hotel for the brief stay. In the past we have stayed at Comfort Inns, Howard Johnson's, Day's Inns, etc. The prices are usually very moderate, and the motels themselves are nothing to write home about. We don't expect marble tiles or 600-count linens on the beds. All we ask is a safe, secure place to spend a night. My only concerns are decent air conditioning, and an acceptable level of cleanliness. I read reviews before booking anything, and I had gotten the impression that the Suburban Extended Stay Motel had a nice lobby, small but comfortable rooms, and nothing to make it unusually good or bad. I just wanted a place to rest from a day of long drive.

If this is what you are looking for, don't come here. Upon checking in, I found that the room was quite a bit smaller than most other motels of this type and price range. Fine, no big deal. I only needed the beds. But within 15 minutes of checking in, my entire family, and another family who was traveling with us and checked into another room, had found that the bottoms of our feet were now black. The carpets in the rooms were stick, filthy and dirt encrusted. Worse, it was only a short time later that several of us found insect bites at our feet and ankles. I made an inspection of our room and within minutes found 3 or 4 bugs. Yes, I knew this was the humid South, and sometimes you will see a bug or two in a motel. But there was no excuse for the disgusting carpets. To become this filthy, the carpets must have sat there uncleaned not for a day or several days, but for a period of weeks at the minimum. It became a bad joke to us, as we all put our shoes back on. Truthfully, you could walk barefeet in the parking lot and your feet would not get the same amount of dirt on it, nor would it have that feeling of disgusting stickiness that we all experienced.

So, we endured the stay, and the next morning we escaped back to our cars aftering having thoroughly checked the carryon bags we took into the room for extra passengers. As I said before, I don't expect luxury for a budget price. But every motel or hotel chain has an obligation to maintain a minimal level of cleaniness in its rooms. The Suburban Extended Stay Motel falls FAR short of this starndard, and I will never again stay in another one.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Iron999-Traveler
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Dear Iron999

Your Reviews are greatly appreciated. Through your experience, we are able to focus on what our guests are satisfied and dissatified with and make all attempts to improve.

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Marston, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

My family and I have been at this location for about a month so we have more than an overnight snap shot view of this hotel. The staff at this hotel are rude with the exception of maybe two people. The hotel manager does not do any kind of walk around of the hotel grounds at all. I saw her one time in a month actually come out of her office and look at the grounds. I have been ignored by not one and not two but three hotel desk clerks to get clean towels and trash bags. We usually will go home on Saturday and check back in on Sunday. When we checked back in on our last stay we never saw any housekeeping. We ran out of towels & toilette paper. The door in the room has a huge crack around the door so we have a towel at the bottom of the door. The room reeks of odor. The ice machines can not be within health dept. guidelines they have "green" stuff on them. The grounds of this hotel have trash through out it. The pool has trash on a regular basis around it. I watched a condom sit at pool side for three weeks. I told the desk clerk and she smiled and said that the maintenance people handled the pool area. WHAT, are you serious? I have a seven year old that has no business knowing about a condom never mind that's disgusting. The entrance of the hotel gives a misleading appearance of the rest of the hotel so beware! The only good thing about the hotel is the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank fr0g_05
Dear Marston, North Carolina

Reviews, good or bad, are always appreciated! They stand as opportunities for us to improve. Its, unfortunate, that you were here with us for a month and we were not able to solve the problems that you were facing.

As the G.M. for Suburban, my door stands open for all, especially our Extended Stay Guests since this was your home away from home.
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

I booked my room at the Suburban Extended Stay, choosing it because it had a kitchenette and I wanted to save some money on food over my week's stay. The listing did not advertise they did housekeeping only once per week--I found that out when I checked in.

Worse, they checked me into a room that had not been cleaned--the beds were unmade and the linens were piled up in the corner. I had to request for them to clean it before I could move in. That was the last time housekeeping looked at the room.

The stove in the kitchenette was broken--one burner dead and the other barely working--which I found out only after grocery shopping. I informed the staff and was told they would have it fixed that day. They never fixed it, and they never offered to move me to another room, so I ended up throwing out almost all of my groceries.

The room itself was decent, but nothing special. The A/C worked on two temperatures--hell and igloo. The beds were typical hotel--moderately uncomfortable. The outlet near the table was hooked to the lights, so if I wanted to work with the light off, like I usually do, I deplete my laptop battery (I ended up just unplugging the light).

I travel to Florence fairly often, and now I know of one place to mark off my list.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank eauhomme
sc317, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Dear Eauhomme

Thanks for your review on your stay with us. As an Extended Stay Hotel, we do promote a clean and welcoming environment. We express sincere regrets for any dissatisfaction you encountered and will use your review constructively. Hopefully, you will be able to visit us again.
South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I made reservations at this hotel based on other reviews on this website. The 1st room that I was given had never been cleaned from the guest before me. there were bugs climbing on the walls, a drink had been spilled on the sitting area table and was still left in a puddle on the table. I went back to the front desk to ask for another room and the response was "yea, I thought something might be wrong with that room." So why did you give it to me!!
I was given another room which looked better upon 1st look however, when I pulled back the bed sheets, the pillow was smeared with someones makeup. I demanded a refund. I couldn't trust that ANY of the rooms had REALLY been cleaned.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cmeflySouthCarolina
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Dear CmeflySouthCarolina

Thanks for your reviews. Sorry your stay with us was not a success. Each review we receive whether it is positive or negative, allows us to see ourselves through the publics eyes. Hopefully you will be able to visit us again.
Mauldin, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

It is a busy place, people come and go so quickly here. We loved the look of the place and enjoyed the heck out of the pool. The place actually had kitchens in the place, we went down the street and got taco fixings and stayed in. The kids were happy because we could hook up the playstation. They dont have a breakfast but told us about Shoney's accross the street and we got a really good buffett for about 5 bucks. It's not the Taj Mahl, but it is clean - would gladly stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Meowmix40
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a review. Its exciting when we receive positive responses which we enjoy sharing with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Florence.
Bolton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

I stayed here on night on my drive from CT to FL. $39 a night (plus tax/etc).
Not fancy, but OK for a 1 night sleepover. Busy place, lots of travelers & blue collar workers. Big bar/lounge, pretty smokey, had kerioke on the Mon night I was there. To use a line from the Blues Brothers movie, "They play both kinds of music here, 'Country' and 'Western' ". I would stay here again if it was just me on a long drive, probably wouldn't stay here with my wife.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo