“Always a great stay”

Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Erin, New York
“Always a great stay”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My Son and I travel frequently for business to Florence and stay here. Spent a couple of weeks here last spring as well as other times years past. There is very visible security officers about the premises which makes me rest easy, the desk staff is great and the rooms are clean with good amenities. The price is great! We often stay for up to a week and there is a restaurant on premises as well as a McDonald's and a couple others close by. We'll be headed back the 2nd week of January and always know we'll get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: If you are going to be there for a several days or longer the kitchenette rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
1traveleer,

Thank you very much for sharing such positive feedback about your recent experience at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel in Florence, South Carolina. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms, our unique amenities and the restaurants located on site and nearby. We cannot thank you enough for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers and we look forward to seeing you again during the second week of January!

Suburban Extended Stay Florence Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Palm Beach Gardens FLA
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travel from FLA to NY and back and Florence SC is half way so I have to stay in this town. Choosing a hotel is NOT easy when you really only need a bed and a microwave. Suburban had just what I needed so I booked a room. Later on I came on Trip Advisor and became concerned with the negative reviews. I figured when I got to NC I'd stop and look up another place and cancel my reservation. As I was approaching NC I decided NOT to stop and just to take a chance because some of the reviews were good. When I got there the receptionist was so kind and helpful. I asked her if I was frankly going to get a good room. She told me I could go look and if I didn't like the room she would cancel the booking and I wouldn';t have to pay even though it was well past the 6pm cut-off. THE ROOM WAS PERFECT ! I couldn;t believe the value for only $48 ! Spotless room and bathroom. Coffee pot, fridge and microwave. I slept like a baby on an absolutely comfortable bed. I needed to after driving 14 hours ! I will be staying there from now on, nothing beats the comfort and value !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank ERSILIA M
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Ersilia M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Suburban Extended Stay hotel in Florence, SC for a quick stopover on your way to New York! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and cannot thank you enough for recommending our clean rooms, unique amenities and comfortable beds to fellow travelers. We are absolutely delighted to hear that the Suburban Extended Stay will be your home away from home in Florence, South Carolina. Safe travels! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I'd say you get what you pay for but I've stayed in cheaper hotels that weren't this nasty. Beds were clean..that's about it. Bathroom was nasty so bring flip flops to shower with. Had an issue with my first room, it smelled strongly of smoke masked by the overwhelming smell of cleaning products. front desk girl Quinn was helpful enough, she switched my room second one still smelled like smoke but not of chemicals. Safe enough area. Stay if you have to but I wouldn't reccomend.

• Stayed August 2013
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear MARIAT759,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. While we appreciate the positive feedback about our clean beds, helpful staff members, and safe location, we are disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Our goal is to provide clean accommodations for each and every traveler, so we are very sorry that we did not live up to those high standards when you checked in to the first room. We would like to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention during your visit so that we could find you a new guest room to better meet your travel needs. Thanks again for all of your time. It is feedback like yours that allows us to improve the overall experience for future guests. We hope that you will stay with us in the future so that we can provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Two beds, nice sink and granite vanity, a sitting area with table and sofa, refrigerator, microwave, yes, old TV, a work desk and chair, free wi-fi, pool, hot water, clean sheets and linens, good a/c, parking slot right outside the room, easy on/off from I-95, lots of restaurants nearby......all this at a VERY low price! People have talked about bad experiences( bugs, or housekeeping, etc.) but we had none of this. A word about "roaches"....to us Southerners they are Palmetto bugs and any honest person will admit that no matter how much poison you put out you are going to see one from time to time IN YOUR OWN KITCHEN! Deal with it......they cannot kill you. As for the reported lack of cleanliness in some cases, I suppose the housekeeping folks just messed up, but this is obviously not a total condition. It happens in the most expensive hotels too. You won't expect to have any chocolates on your pillow at this hotel. It is a value hotel. If you want a deal this is your place.

Room Tip: First floor toward the rear. Rooms numbered 170 plus.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Conmassey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate all of the kind words about our unique amenities, convenient location, and great value. We strive to offer a clean, comfortable environment for each and every traveler, so we are delighted to hear all of your positive feedback! We truly appreciate you recommending our hotel to fellow travelers and hope that you will come back to see us again soon!

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I enjoy staying at the Suburban extended stay but, I must say every time I have stayed they never have rooms on the 1st floor. I am disable and have to carry all of my things on the 2nd floor and I have stay for 2 and 3 weeks at a time. They only clean the rooms every 4 days and
if I wish to have a clean towel I have to go to the front desk to receive them. I realize the price is very resonable but being a handicap this is inconvience. I will be staying for the holidays the 4th of july that is!!!!! and hope that I can atleast get a handicap room on the 1st floor and have the staff atleast deliver my towels to me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rhonda W
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Rhonda W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are so glad that you have chosen to stay with us on multiple occasions and we are looking forward to seeing you again this week! We have sent you a private message in hopes that you will tell us the last name used on your reservation. This way, we can make note of the travel requests that you have mentioned in your review. We are very busy during this time of year and many of our guests stay for several months at a time. Therefore, it is hard to tell if we will have a room available on the first floor. Once we hear back from you, we can do our best to meet all of your travel needs! In addition, we will share your comments regarding extra towels with our housekeeping team. As you mentioned, we offer room service every four days. This allows us to offer our guests excellent extended stay rates and privacy during their extended stay visit. Just like you mention in your review, we encourage travelers to contact our front desk team if they need extra towels during their stay.
Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We look forward to seeing you very soon at the Suburban Extended Stay Florence hotel! Safe travels!

Parrish, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2013

One nite stay. Friendly employees. Good choices to eat in and around the motel. Room was clean but could use some updating such as new furniture and mattress. I would stop here again. Room had an efficiency kitchen. Directly across the street to I-95 access.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Richardtb
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Richardtb,

Thank you very much for the four star review about the Suburban Extended Stay hotel in Florence, South Carolina. We truly appreciate the kind words about our friendly employees and convenient location near local restaurants and Interstate 95. We would also like to thank you for the constructive criticism about the furniture in our guest rooms. We have shared your comments with our management team. Thanks again for all of your time. We appreciate it and hope that you will join us again soon at the Suburban Florence hotel.

Suburban Extended Stay Management Team
South Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

stayed here just for one night while passing through. Staff was very friendly upon check in. room was clean, bathroom also. Bed had a very large dent in the center of it which was disappointing.. But for 45 after tax I would recommend it if you are passing through the area. Compliments to the staff

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Matt D
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Matt D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about the Suburban Florence hotel. We truly appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members and clean guest rooms. However, we are disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the guest beds. In the future, please contact our front desk team right away if you encounter any problems during your stay. This way, we can do our best to solve the problem or find a room that better meets your travel needs. Thanks again for all of your time and for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers.