“Do not stay here.”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stopped here for one night and that was one night too long. We requested a non-smoking room and when we got to our room it had definitely been a smoking room. We left the door open which aired it out some - I went to the front desk and was told it was a non-smoking room, but that they were not surprised that people had been smoking in there. They sent a maintenance man who sprayed it, which helped - but then we went to bed and the bedding reeked of smoke. I ended up putting a sweater over my pillow just so I could sleep without getting sick. We also must have been at the end where all the night workers were coming home because all night long there were people slamming doors and loudly talking. Also, the tub didn't drain. Was probably the worst hotel we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Shar0nT

Thank you for taking time to give us a review. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during your recent stay with us. As an extended stay property, we do have working crews that work various shifts. Once again, our apologies. Our staff always do their best to make a guests stay as comfortable as possible. Hopefully, you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

The Management and Staff of The Suburban

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

This was our favorite hotel to come to on our weekend get away from home just to rest and relax...but we checked into the room and the room was still broken down like it was waiting for the supervisor to check it I know I work in hotels in the past...I call the front desk this man can to the room what's the problem he said I told him we would keep the room...then I need a pan so called up front the man said ol lord when I told him what I needed then the entire time something was eating me alive then the inside of the toilet was a mess it looked like mold and mildew was in it y'all really need to make some changes we come here every 2 weeks but we have to spend our money somewhere else that mean man at front desk

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank IoveMh
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear IoveMh

We apologize for any inconvenience encountered during your recent stay with us . As a member of the hospitality industry, our guests are our top priority and should be treated with courtesy at all level of the hotel.

We hope you do stay with us again in the near future.

The Management and Staff of the Suburban

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My fiance' and I really enjoyed our stay on July 15th. We were looking for a place close to restaurants and this was the perfect place. The rates were reasonable and the housekeeping did an awesome job. So looking forward to staying again next month. We slept so good we didnt want to get up and leave the next morning we wanted to stay another day. I have no complaints!!! The room was clean and smelled fresh.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king size non smoking room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Necee K

We would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You for taking time to give us a review.

We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future.

The Management and Staff of the Suburban

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We paid 48.00 for one night... then had to pay another 16.00 for just a service fee... woke up at 4 30 am.. turned on the light to have a roach bug crawling on the walls... will not stay here again... Not happy at all!!! Wanted my money back but didn't bother with it.. just wanted out of there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandy G
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Sandy G

Thank you for taking time to give us an update on your recent stay with us. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused during your recent stay with us.

Please be advise that every comment is taken under serious consultation as you are the voice of our hotel.

Hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Management and Staff of the Suburban

Reviewed June 13, 2012

It is difficult for me to write too negative of a review for a hotel that only cost $45 - what exactly did I think I would get? - but my experience here convinced me that it would be worth spending more the next time I was in Florence. I had no problems checking in/out, and the room was reasonably clean. But it was also dingy, poorly lit and Spartan, with a single bottle of shampoo/conditioner in place of the standard shampoo, conditioner, lotion trio of complimentaries. I think "suburban extended stay" is a bit of a misnomer. It is located on a commercial strip and not really suburban as far as I can see. And while most extended stays I've stayed in have a kitchenette, range, oven, full freezer/fridge, microwave, shelves and counter space, the room I had just had a small fridge, microwave and single sink for the bathroom. I was only here overnight, so that didn't matter much, but don't plan on settling in here for a week and making hone-cooked meals. Other criticisms include a bad cigarette smell (I'm not sure whether non-smoking rooms are available), bad coffee in the lobby, and a very seedy/unsavory clientele that hangs out at the property (maybe they thought I was seedy/unsavory, too).

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Brendan S
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Brend482

Thanks for taking time to give us a review. All reviews give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

The Management and Staff of The Suburban

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I spent two nights here for the Darlington race weekend. I booked my hotel room with points for the two nights, I had booked a King Non-Smoking suite with a two person hot tub. When I got to the hotel, I was put into a King Smoking suite, which had no 2 person hot tub. I asked the front desk, and they said they received the reservation from the website as that. Unfortunately the non-smoking suites were sold out as it was race weekend, so I stayed in the smoking suite. The room itself was comfortable, and surprisingly didn't have a strong smell of smoke. The hotel itself is close to the interstate and a lot of restaurants. The hotel was pretty crowded for the race weekend, but it had a lot of people staying who were there working on a weekly basis. Overall a pretty good value to stay for the race.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear USFBowler

Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us but also for taking time out of your busy day to give us such a welcoming feedback.

We do love to hear positive comments and aim to provide the same experience for all our guests.

THE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF OF THE SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL

Reviewed April 18, 2012

While I do not usually write extremely negative reviews, I must this time. We used this hotel as a mid-way stop between Florida and Maryland. We arrived late, Checking in, the hotel lobby was smokey and the music from the hotel bar and lounge was incredibly loud. We arrived at our room on the parking lot level to find the door to the room open and the television on, Quite frightening. After about 2 hours the bar and lounge closed and there was yelling and screaming from those leaving the facility. Both double beds in the room were caved in the middle, making it impossible to sleep, Cabinets were hanging dangerously out of position in the kitchenette. We checked in at 11:45 PM and checked out at 6:30 AM. As we left in the morning, two separate individual came up to the care and asked our family members to give them money. DON'T GO THERE, DO NOT SUBJECT YOUR FAMILY TO THIS HOTEL,

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Reed123
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Reed123

Thank you for giving us a review. Although we prefer positive reviews, the negative ones also give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

We apologize for any incovenience caused during your stay with us. We look forward to you giving us another opportunity to better serve you and your family!

Regards

The Management and Staff of the Suburban.