“You get what you pay for”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Arlington, Virginia
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

It is difficult for me to write too negative of a review for a hotel that only cost $45 - what exactly did I think I would get? - but my experience here convinced me that it would be worth spending more the next time I was in Florence. I had no problems checking in/out, and the room was reasonably clean. But it was also dingy, poorly lit and Spartan, with a single bottle of shampoo/conditioner in place of the standard shampoo, conditioner, lotion trio of complimentaries. I think "suburban extended stay" is a bit of a misnomer. It is located on a commercial strip and not really suburban as far as I can see. And while most extended stays I've stayed in have a kitchenette, range, oven, full freezer/fridge, microwave, shelves and counter space, the room I had just had a small fridge, microwave and single sink for the bathroom. I was only here overnight, so that didn't matter much, but don't plan on settling in here for a week and making hone-cooked meals. Other criticisms include a bad cigarette smell (I'm not sure whether non-smoking rooms are available), bad coffee in the lobby, and a very seedy/unsavory clientele that hangs out at the property (maybe they thought I was seedy/unsavory, too).

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Brendan S
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Brend482

Thanks for taking time to give us a review. All reviews give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

The Management and Staff of The Suburban

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tampa
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I spent two nights here for the Darlington race weekend. I booked my hotel room with points for the two nights, I had booked a King Non-Smoking suite with a two person hot tub. When I got to the hotel, I was put into a King Smoking suite, which had no 2 person hot tub. I asked the front desk, and they said they received the reservation from the website as that. Unfortunately the non-smoking suites were sold out as it was race weekend, so I stayed in the smoking suite. The room itself was comfortable, and surprisingly didn't have a strong smell of smoke. The hotel itself is close to the interstate and a lot of restaurants. The hotel was pretty crowded for the race weekend, but it had a lot of people staying who were there working on a weekly basis. Overall a pretty good value to stay for the race.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear USFBowler

Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us but also for taking time out of your busy day to give us such a welcoming feedback.

We do love to hear positive comments and aim to provide the same experience for all our guests.

THE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF OF THE SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 18, 2012

While I do not usually write extremely negative reviews, I must this time. We used this hotel as a mid-way stop between Florida and Maryland. We arrived late, Checking in, the hotel lobby was smokey and the music from the hotel bar and lounge was incredibly loud. We arrived at our room on the parking lot level to find the door to the room open and the television on, Quite frightening. After about 2 hours the bar and lounge closed and there was yelling and screaming from those leaving the facility. Both double beds in the room were caved in the middle, making it impossible to sleep, Cabinets were hanging dangerously out of position in the kitchenette. We checked in at 11:45 PM and checked out at 6:30 AM. As we left in the morning, two separate individual came up to the care and asked our family members to give them money. DON'T GO THERE, DO NOT SUBJECT YOUR FAMILY TO THIS HOTEL,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Reed123
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Reed123

Thank you for giving us a review. Although we prefer positive reviews, the negative ones also give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

We apologize for any incovenience caused during your stay with us. We look forward to you giving us another opportunity to better serve you and your family!

Regards

The Management and Staff of the Suburban.
Inverary On
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here twice. Once on our way to florida and again on the way home. The first stay was nice. We had a ground floor room with a kitchen. The second stay we had the same type of room. This time the a/c was not working. When I tried to call the office the phone was not working. I walked to the office and the desk clerk said she would have someone come and look at it. I asked for another room and was given a room on the second floor (which I was told was a upgrade at no additional charge). This room was much better than the first. Had I known this type of room was available I would have spent the extra $10 and booked it initially. This hotel does not have an elevator but stairs are not a problem for me. There are lots of restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite on the second fllor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JulieCInveraryOn
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear JulieCInveraryOn

Thanks for staying with us. The Staff at the Suburban would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a review.

We look forward to serving you once again.

The Management and Staff Of The Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Quebec Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2012

On the way to Orlando,overnight at Suburban extended stay,in Florence SC. Room is large with a full kitchen and 2 double beds.It also has free internet in the room, and a computer in the lobby.. Quiet and clean. There are connecting restaurants and entertainment in the bar You are within waling distance to many other restaurants.I would certainly stay here again. Great value for the price

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lapsycrafter
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear lapsycrafter

Thanks for taking time to give us a much appreciated review. Hope you have a pleasant trip to Orlando! We look forward to future visits from you and your family.

The Management and Staff
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I enjoyed my stay as well as the people I encountered,so its safe to say i will be back and would recommend anyone visit and stay for a whilewhile

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank joesingletary
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Mr. Joe Singletary

The management and staff of the Suburban would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a positive review.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Management and Staff
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My family and I decided to stay at this hotel because of the very low price and the nice look of the lobby area. While checking in the desk clerk Heidi Gade was very short and abrupt with us and didn't even acknowledge us when we entered the lobby. Upon entering the room it was extremely hot and would not cool down. We also didn't feel safe due to the lock on the door not working and people hanging outside of the door. After waiting a little over a hour for the room to cool down (which never happened) we called down to the lobby and told Heidi Gade that we no longer wanted to stay at the hotel because of the heat. We were not offered another room, a discount or even an apology about the inconvenience! We were just told that we could not get a refund due to us staying in the room for over an hour. When we asked for the corporate number to call she refused to give us the number and only pointed to the cards on the front desk with the local number on it. This was one of worst experiences I've had in a very long time and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is unsafe, unclean, and unprofessional!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank missvip008
sc317, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear missvip00...

Thank you for your review. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and your family. The Staff at the Suburban are know for their courteous and helpful service to all guest.

Hopefully you will give us a second opportunity to better serve you in the future.

The Staff and Management of the Suburban