“Best burger in town”

Ranked #19 of 260 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This place passed the 'fluke' test. I've been there 3 times and I have gotten an excellent burger each time. Twice I have been with friends who came to that same conclusion without my input. I will definitely be back. Admittedly, they were not way busy on either of those times but they hd a decent crowd of folks.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Different and very local popular place . great Burgers etc....

1  Thank sunrisemahon
Reviewed May 19, 2012

For a town with very few independent, non-chain restaurants, 1720 Burger Bar is a welcome addition to our choices. The burgers are tasty, with numerous toppings and combinations highlighted on the menu. The hand cut fries are awesome, but are begging for malt vinegar, which they don't have yet. The homemade milkshakes are a winner if you dare to have dessert with your already unhealthy-but-good meal. The service was very friendly and attentive. We squirmed a little at first because the booths are not very comfortable, wooden seating with no cushion, but I understand the need for easy cleaning.

We will be back because we live here and appreciate having a good burger option.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Expensive, mediocre burgers. Won't be back! The ambiance was okay, but all I could think about was the cost of pink slime. If they used grass-fed beef, maybe it would justify their high prices?

3  Thank militrav
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Okay, so I've tried to be a good lad and avoid eating the unhealthy stuff...fatty beef, french fries, the whole nine yards. Well, I could only do so much before the need for fatty beef and french fries would be too much. So I decided to visit the 1720 Burger Bar to sate my hunger.

The place just opened up a while ago (so I've heard). The inside gives off the typical bar restaurant vibe..nothing that really stands out. Beer selection looked pretty good upon observation. Service was average..nothing that stood out positively or negatively.

The food itself was very good. I had the Daisy Duke burger (I think that's what it was). Came with sauteed onions, pimento cheese. The burger was very tasty (it could have been that I missed hamburger and beef so much that I was completely biased..you be the judge). It was an odd combination for me, personally, but I was feeling adventurous that day. I was advised to try the tater bombs and they were very good. The dipping sauces for the the taters were pretty good too.

Since I showed up early, I didn't have to deal with the hassle of many people, so I probably need to revisit when it's a little busier. Either way, I'd definitely come back as soon as I need another beef fix.

Been to 1720 Burger Bar? Share your experiences!