“Don't let the reviews stop you....I will return”
Review of Thunderbird Inn

Thunderbird Inn
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Maxton, North Carolina, United States
“Don't let the reviews stop you....I will return”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Ok...let me start by Ain before I do anything I start Google reviews first. Well this Google review was absolutely incorrect. Upon arrival I requested to see a room before checking in the receptionist gave me a room key and allowed me to look at the room. I loved it on top of all that you have a full breakfast!! By full.... I mean bacon, eggs, pancakes anything you can imagine they even had grits and Salmon I will be returning to Thunderbird do not let the reviews deter you ...if you are not sure ask to see the room first....the breakfast bu itself is worth the stay

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank daphene1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed June 17, 2014

we found this place on the internet..Mini bar in room Free HBO and breakfast ...not charge for pets homerun...WRONG...... first room filthy and toilet didnt flush changed rooms filthy but toilet flushed... non smoking room but burn marks on the tub ....rug and wall dirty..... in room bar? nope HBO haven't had it in years....but yet go to their web site and they say they have both..would never ever stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Mike J
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Checked in from NYC. The staff was okay, but the rooms are old, with worn carpet, stained drapes that hardly close, spider webs on the ceiling, the sink and tub seems to be falling apart, loud truck engines overnight, panhandler approached my car (very scary), loud, beer drinking construction workers overnight, and not to mention streetwalkers in the area. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Derek C
Reston, VA
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I have never left a review before but felt compelled to do so on this place. The room was so dirty I didn't want to touch anything. The furniture was old and had stains on it. My drapes didn't close completely and this was a ground floor room. The front desk receptionist was very nice. The housekeeping people were very nice. The buffet breakfast was ok but nothing special. Someone recommended this place to me and for the life of me I can't imagine what they were thinking. There are many nicer places in the area. It was cheap but better to spend an extra $20 and get something decent.

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank BlueH101
Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The room was a little dated but overall was great! Housekeeping was great! Breakfast was great! Desk staff was friendly! I truly enjoyed my stay here! I would stay here again! I stayed for 2 weeks while working in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank B3amt3am
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Best motel I've ever stayed in. The food was AMAZING. everyone was super extremely nice. The rooms were clean, beds were comfy, and service was five star. The pool is always open, lit heated saltwater and totally clean. I can't say enough about how great this is. Rate is very low also.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank driftingraven
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We drove through the night and finally got very tired around 5:30 AM. We called a few places to see if they had late check-out, thinking we’d check in around 6 AM and check out around 2 or 3 PM. Most places either didn’t allow it, or charged extra (or were too expensive to begin with for our budget). We did find one place about 15 min from the Thunderbird for $35, but once we drove up it looked way too sketchy so we kept looking.

We finally saw the sign for the Thunderbird and decided to go in and ask about late checkout. They said we could actually stay until the next morning for no extra charge (NO other motels or hotels that we called or stopped in offered that), and with my AAA membership it was only $50. The room was clean and the beds comfortable (we used our own pillows). Everything worked (though we didn't try the microwave); it was nice to have the fridge in the room. The bathroom was a bit outdated and dingy I suppose, but fine and clean for $50. It was pretty quiet but there were so big trucks outside or room during different times. I didn't use the pool but did walk by it and it looked very clean and big. Breakfast was pretty good too, and included in the price. :) I’d definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple