“Everything written in the "terrible" section is true!”

Knights Inn Florence SC
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Motel 6 should be embarassed to represent this property and until they disown it and stop taking reservations for this property, I will never trust the chain again. It is a dump and there are multiple people, white, and of color, loitering outside who look as though they might be doing small time drug deals. There are women wondering around, just hanging out. It is unlike any accommodation I have ever stayed in--and I usually choose the low end of the spectrum. The pillows smelled of human odors and the urine smells were covered by a disgusting scented cover-up. I definitely do not feel safe here but I was so tired by the time I arrived and saw the room that I really didn't have the energy to keep going. To be it mildly, I am appalled and if Motel 6 wants to keep any semblance of a decent reputation, they need to eliminate this motel from their roster or eliminate the current owner. Most of the license plates were local ( South Carolina) so I do believe it is a gathering place for the druggies. This is a scary place and in no way resembles a decent motel which caters to the one night road traveller. MOTEL 6, CORPORATE, DO SOMETHING!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jdh158

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place looked good from the outside. the price was inexpensive, but it is a motel 6. should have cancelled the booking when i opened the door. but being a gamer, thought ok, but should have said no and move on. the room was somewhat clean, the floors were moving,as the front of the room had been added on after the back, beds were old and lumpy, pillows not much better. the shower lacked pressure. you do get what you pay for, but spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at the super 8 just next door.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DOONORTH
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have stayed here more times than I can count on business.........It is what you pay for people. Its not the ritz, but its not sleeping in your car. Its a bed for a few hours, bathroom, shower, and cable tv. For those travelers expecting something grand for 30 bucks, get over yourselves. I have never had a problem here beyond a prank phone call, no one has ever bothered me...and I mean EVER......
Its right off I-95, affordable, and not a bad place to stay. If you want more...theres a hampton inn on the other side of the bridge for 150 a night....

Room Tip: Stay out of the 500 block...the 300 and 400 are great, even if they are around back.....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aquariumgravel
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has BED BUGS!!!... I discovered bed bugs crawling on BOTH beds in the room. I immediately contacted the front desk and told them my problem and I was offered another room. Of course I declined and asked for my money back. I didnt have a problem getting my money back. I dont recommend this hotel to anyone. My sister just had a terrible infestation of bed bugs in her home and she had to have it exterminated and had to throw away EVERYTHING.. Umless u want to take the chance of taking bed bugs home with you, I would not stay at this place!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank tipburgess
Reviewed August 24, 2012

When we checked in, we had to leap frog from room to room because of bad odor. After the first three rooms, we were given a room that smelled descent. Since my husband and I were staying here semi long- term while our home was being repaired a few miles away, we decided to watch the the maid clean the room. Both mattresses were full of urine. Huge circular yellow/orange stains all over the center of the mattresses. We were appauled and sickened. The maid told us that people just urinate on the mattresses and the staff just flips them over to dry them out, then covers them with matress pads. Promply we complained to the front desk, but it took them over a week to get us into a long-term room. We were so disguisted, that we asked for 3 matress pads to have on the disguisting matresses until we could get into the room. The pool smelled really bad too and we learned that a lot of the guest used it as a bathtub. I recommend that you stay at the Best Western down the road or even in your car, just don't stay here.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LASTAATS
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed at many, many Motel 6's and quality-wise the chain is all over the chart. This was my first stay at this one and I will stay here again when I'm in the area. The desk staff was very cordial and the room was clean. The bed was comfortable with good, fluffy pillows. The property itself was well maintained and there are several restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Betty L
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I approached the desk, and the woman @ the counter was very sweet and helpful. My parents and family have used this Motel 6 as our usual rest spot between Fl & NJ. It's been a year or 2 since any of us have been there, and we were sorely disappointed and utterly grossed out.
Non smoking room - stench of stale smoke
Black hairs on sink, wash rag, and sheets
Burn holes in the blankets
Bathroom door did not close completely
Tub was unclean
Hair on toilet seat, we sanitized it before use
Matresses were lumpy and wreaked of icky stuff I don't want to think about!
We will NEVER use this place again.
We were afraid to change clothes or leave our things out for fear we would catch something Ajax and a wire brush wouldn't remove!
I have never been ready to leave a room the moment I set foot inside.
I live on a farm so it takes alot to gross me out.
It's rare for me to feel unsafe.....I slept with my gun........if you call 2 hours with my eyes closed but aware of everything around me sleeping.
Do not stay here unless you want to be sick, scared, sleep deprived and grossed out.

• Stayed: July 2012