Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence
Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Imagine our shock when checking in and getting to our filthy, uncomfortable room. We had just spent a week in A Microtel Inn in Spring Hill, Florida that was spotless! Florance offers dirty smelly halls and rooms, old lumpy mattress and pillows filthy walls old tv placed high on a cupboard that you get a stiff neck watching it. Old worn out bathroom. Unfortunely late and bad storm so we suffered through night. Will make me think twice about booking Microtel again. Room key did sayid Budgert Inn which we would have never stayed at.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barb C

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We decided to stay here dispite of some negative reviews. We got a suite, and was very pleased with what we got for the price we paid. We encountered no problems, and staff was friendly. Six year old loved being able to see the train from the "window bed".

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Like others I have stayed at a few microtels in the past with
reasonable results. Not this time.

Staff was ok and as usual price was right. The room was not
too bad for cleanliness but the bed linens were not up to a
good standard of freshness and as clean as they could be.
The place was generally run down with more attention paid
to the outside appearance and more needed inside.

The big problem was the mildew smell. It was very strong and
for the most part coming from the A/C. It was actually really bad
and I couldn't wait to get some fresh air when we left in the morning.

I read the reviews prior and should have listened. But I don't like
to pay $100 for 1 night off the road.

The 1st floor ice machine was broken so my wife ventured up to
the 2nd for ice and she said it was worse up there. From how
she described it, it looked like it was being demode.

I would not advise a stay at this Microtel. Checked out the
Howard Johnson across the road 1st and it was worse. In
fact unless you want to spend $100 for a nice room I would
keep on moving and check another exit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

My advice to anyone about staying here, would definitely be don't do it! My husband, daughter, and I stayed here for a weekend because his company paid for it. The room is very tiny, it smells bad, and the walls and ceilings are paper thin. The staff is pretty friendly.
During our stay, we encountered a group of ten people in the back parking lot smoking marijuana. On top of that, there was a hooker walking around outside for the majority of the night. The staff did not say anything to her either.
The carpets are heavily stained and the beds in the hotel are about 20-30 years old. Also, if you have a problem with fluorescent lighting, the majority of the lights in the room are fluorescent.
The rates are very cheap, but my suggestion would to be spend the extra money for a nicer place.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I haven't lost my mind -- it's not the Ritz.

First time in a Microtel, based on the report on Consumers Reports. Very small room, very small bathroom, clean, comfortable and cheap -- Including all taxes (and after AAA discount) the bill was $49 and change. The do not promise much, but they delivered to a "T". My wife (who is a Captain in the Clean Police) approved cleanliness.

We were traveling to Disney World and needed a place to stay, and it met our needs perfectly.

I wouldn't stay in a Microtel if I was in an area for several days, but for one night in transit, we would stay in another without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IgFlitz
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have regularly stayed at this motel for about three years now. Florence, SC is a good stopping point for us on our family road trips north on I-95. The price is extremely cheap for a "suite" style room. I wouldn't say that it's 10+ in terms of cleanliness, but we've never felt dirty or felt like the room was unclean. Ultimately, it's a economy hotel which provides a nice room for a cheap price. It's great for a stop over or even for a day or two. If you're staying longer and can afford it, you may look elsewhere, but we've never been disappointed at the one night stays we've had here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel should be Condemed; the first room 220; had hairs and smelled horrible. Then, they transfered me to room 212; and it was like walking back in time. The television took every bit of 15 secs to show a picture but, this room was at least cleaned. The mattresses was stained and nasty looking; but, they had a new mattresses cover on the bed. I promise you that i will share with everybody that i know; to never stay at this nasty prehistoric hotel ever. I went to the nearest Walmart to buy blankets, sheets,towels and wash cloths, and new pillows and also,i fumigated the entire room with lysol. The sad part about this whole experiences is that the employees were excellent and now, i look at all of the Microtel Inns as garabage.

Room Tip: Ask them to email current pictures of their rooms and/or ask a friend or family member to stop by th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family