“Low Price But Friendly Staff Late Night”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Seneca, SC
“Low Price But Friendly Staff Late Night”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Thinking I could drive all the way home by myself western SC, I found myself nodding off at the wheel after midnight. I spotted the tall sign for $39.99 and checked into the Microtel Inn without a reservation. The very friendly woman at the desk was talking with a man who worked there and they both were very accomodating. He carried my bags from the car to the elevator. The room was clean and nice and the bathroom had plenty of towels. It was furnished for two persons, in fact. The bed was inviting and the tv remote worked fine. I slept so well, nothing woke me up in the night! No noise from the hallway at all. The closet had plenty of coat hangers, I noticed, and the window had a wide view. There is a good enough distance between the motel and the main highway. Even though there is a train track, I didn't hear any train noise in the night! I would and have recommended this motel to my friends who tend to stop in Florence, SC on the way to the beaches.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Huntigntown
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed there twice on a recent trip to Florida. It is a little run down but for the price it is reasonable. It is located far enough from I-95 that you do not hear road noise. The only noise you will hear is the train that runs down the middle of the main street in the middle of the night.
We did get a suite #228 and it was clean but showing its age. I never could get the internet to work even when I sat in the lobby. We might not stay there again because there are so many reasonable hotels in Florence.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mt Holly NC
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were looking for a place to shower and sleep for a weekend of motorcyle events. The shower was hot , the bed left a little to be desired. The room was clean, we asked for extra pillows and they were very responsive to our requests. The entire hotel is in need of a face lift. The ceiling tiles are sagging, wall paper peeling etc.
For what we were looking for, the Hotel was fine. They were motorcycle friendly, gave us old towles to wipe our bike down after the rain. Very convienient to I -95 gas stations and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NC-traveller-379
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 6, 2012

place was a dump...couch in lobby was dry rotted and split open...no fridge as promised in room...no wifi connection...then they tried to move us closer to the modem...first room we were sent to had shells of a bug laying on the bed, the second room had a stain on the sheet like someone had diahrea and couldnt make it to the bathroom. we checked out after our food was dilevered...about 30 minutes after checking in.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda J

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed here on the way to Florida.It was clean .I probably will not stay there next year.
It's OK for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Hotel was freindly and for the most part clean. Beds were fine and comfortable. Carpet is in need of a very good cleaning. We stay here every year for the past three years on our way to Myrtle Beach and it is starting to show its age. Televisions are old and blury. Breakfast buffet was comparable to other motels. Toast, Bagels, Dognuts, cereal, juice, milk and coffee. I would stay there again in the future with the hope that the carpets get cleaned.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Having previously enjoyed good experiences at Microtels, we made our reservation for this one while traveling up I-95. The carpeting appeared old and worn-out. The wallpaper in the bathtub was peeling off.

The Internet connection was erratic, and we ended up giving up.

Not the Microtel experience we usually have!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family