“Best Italian Restaurant in Florence!!!!”
Review of Roberto's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Roberto's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Newest Authentic Italian restaurant in Florence South Carolina. 2 miles from exit 157 off interstate 95. Roberto's Italian Restaurant offers salads, pasta, appetizers, chicken, veal, fish and vegetarian dishes. Open for lunch and dinner 6 days a week.
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I went on December 22, 2011 for lunch with my friends and I found the service and the food to be the BEST IN TOWN!! We are from NYC and we moved here not too long ago. We are also Italian American. My grandparents still live in Italy. I am not sure what the other reviewer is talking about as we were in and out in less than one hour. Our server Sam was very attentative and the owner even came to our table once or twice to see how we were doing. This was not the first time that we have been for lunch and I can assure you it will not be our last. There is no way you would have been there for two hours waiting for lunch. Maybe you are not aware but they do not use any jarred sauces or premade anything. Every dish is cooked to order and its not a fast food joint. Perhaps you would have been in and out in less than ten minutes at McDonalds.

1  Thank DessertLady_11

Reviewed December 22, 2011

As an Italian American living in the Italian food vacuum of Florence, SC for 16 years I hoped for an authentic meal. No such luck here. Went for lunch with 4 others. Restaurant was empty at 12:00 when we arrived. Service started ok but about 5 minutes later a party of 10 came in then we became invisible. Owner was catering to their every whim while we waited for our amateurish waiter to stumble through a poor lunch that took 2 hours. Owner should take care to serve all his customers.

2  Thank sratamess
Reviewed November 2, 2011

It was a Monday nite, so it was not busy. Service was very prompt. Wine by the glass @ $6 is pretty steep. My quest had the eggplant parmiggiana and I had the spagetti with italian saugage. My guest thought the eqgplant dish was one of the best he had had. My spagetti was over cooked, and the saugage was OK. The entre prices were reasonable.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Growing up in a City full of Italians, and recently moving to Florence it was a great find. It reminded me of the little Italian Northern Bistro. Had Linguine with White Clam Sauce, had whole clams and the sauce was perfect. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Deanna H
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Service was good but much to be desired with the Italian menu. Food was average not anything special. Wine's by the glass were lacking, no offerings with any Tuscan reds by the glass. Will probably not return.