All reviews southern hospitality other guests hosts ella sc inns
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2018

I was in Florence on business and had to stay over, but all hotels were booked solid due to evacuations from coastal flooding.
Stumbled across Ambrias. Dave and Ella were gracious hosts and made me feel welcome. Very nice Victorian home. Lovely.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2018

During our 1200 mile journey, we were having a hard time finding a place to sleep. Suddenly, this came up on our phone and they were able to accommodate us. We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the home and delicious breakfast, and especially pleased with the sense of peace once we stepped inside.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

My wife, 7 year old and I were driving from FL to New York for a family vacation/road trip and we wanted to try something different for our mid-way stop. Fortunately, we came across the Ambrias Garden Manor. The moment we arrived we were greeted by Ella and David, the owners and two of the most warm and welcoming hosts. My wife chatted with Ella, who has a heart of gold, while I watched football with her husband and my son.

If you want to stay in a beautiful place that feels like home, you need to stay here. In the morning, David cooked us a delicious breakfast (eggs, bacon, amazing grits, toast with local jam, coffee and tea, and even specially made pancakes for my son). It truly felt like we were family from the moment we arrived, until as we were about to leave David threw the football with my son for a while.

We’ve stayed in hundreds of hotels, inns, and world class resorts and I will remember Ambrias as one of my all-time favorite overnights.

Thank you, Ella and David!!!

Jon, Gina and Jackson

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2017

I wish that I could say that my recent visit to historical Florence, South Carolina, and to the lovely Ambrias Garden Manor B & B was planned in order to explore the beauty and rich heritage of the area. Sadly, instead, I traveled there from Texas in order to sit at the bedside of my precious "daughter from another Mother" in Hospice Care. Time was of the essence and I arrived in the wee hours of a Sunday morning, graciously greeted by owner Ella Frazier. I was "loved" from the moment I arrived and was "family" by the time I left three days later. I was embraced not only by her beautiful B & B but by her generous spirit and open heart. I could not have chosen a better place to stay.....it truly was "meant to be". So whether you are traveling to Florence for adventure and pleasure or to tell someone goodbye, you will be glad you chose Ambrias Garden Manor Bed and Breakfast. And her husband David makes the BEST GRITS I've ever eaten (and I'm a native North Carolina grit-eating-Southern-girl; don't tell my Mama;)) Go to Ambrias Garden B & B and try them for yourself!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I traveled to Florence to with 2 friends for the Darlington NASCAR race this past weekend. It turned into a great experience staying with Ella and David at Ambrias. We spent 3 nights over race weekend with 2 of the nicest proprietors in the world . . . And that's saying something for traveling in the South where hospitality is king.
The facility is 100 years old and very well maintained, clean and near the center of Florence and approximately 10 miles from Darlington. The 3 of us shared 2 rooms with a single adjoining bath which worked well for us. The rooms had both central air conditioning as well as a separate window air conditioner that would be used to further customize the temp. It was very comfortable and located on a quiet street with minimal traffic.
The breakfast was very nice with bacon, sausage or salmon cakes, grits, a bowl of fruit, toast and a glass of orange juice. YUM. Ella and David would sometimes join us and added information useful to our stay. I'd sneak down early in the morning to make a cup of Keurig coffee with K cups they'd left out for that purpose.
We'd go back in an instant to stay and renew the friendship. Ambrias is just a great place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2017