“We're coming back for more! See you Saturday”

Comfort Suites Florence
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We make this our stopping point on our way to Granny's-we can't wait to enjoy the pool.
& I may get a quick workout in. We will eat heartily at breakfast-kids enjoy making their own waffles, good night's sleep & ditto on the way back home.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for that awesome response! We are so glad you continue to make our Comfort Suites your place to stay in Florence. We are honored to serve you and your family and look forward to your return trip.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Florence

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We've stayed at many places along I95 & this is by far the best!
The beds & pillows are so very comfortable which is important when you have back issues like I do!
Clean, well equipped & good breakfast.
Helpful staff and reasonably priced!

• Stayed: March 2013
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

On behalf of the staff here at Comfort Suites, Florence, thank you for that amazing review. We appreciate your kind words and with the number of fine hotels along 95, and for you to rate us the best, is more than an honor. We strive to be the best and with loyal customers like you, we plan to be the best and offer the greatest hotel experience along the Interstate. Have a great Week!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Suites on our way home from a Walt Disney World vacation. As a Choice Privileges member, I chose the advance purchase and paid only $94 for a night. We often travel with a party of 5, so Comfort Suites is a favorite chain due to the two queen beds and a fold out couch available in most of the rooms.
The place is beautifully decorated, and the staff were very helpful. The beds were delightfully comfortable. I requested an extended check-out when I made my reservation, and when I checked in, it was in the computer and all taken care of.
When I checked in, there was quite a line of people waiting. It was at about 6pm, and the poor gal at the front was doing her best. This is the only reason I'm rating it a 4 instead of 5 - ideally, there should have been 2 people at the front desk, especially at that time of day. I will say that it was quite impressive how the young lady kept a very pleasant and helpful demeanor. Apparently just before I arrived, there was a woman who spent 20 minutes trying to wring every last dollar out of a coupon, only to come back in and cancel the reservation because her kids didn't want to sleep on a roll-out. This story was told to me by the gentleman in front of me in line, who took it out on this poor front desk girl. She empathized, apologized, and did everything right. She did a great job!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your very detailed review. I am so glad that you choose to stay with Comfort Suites when you travel, and even more glad that you stopped at our hotel. We do run a very tight schedule, and that is whyt we only employ the very best. Khaila, along with all of our clerks are top of the line, and can handle a lot of people at one time. We will however be beefing up our staff as we continue to go into the season.
We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again soon .

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This property is very new! The rooms were clean, and the staff was very friendly. I used the gym in the property and the equipment was adequate for being on the road and trying to maintain a balanced workout schedule. The pool was closed at the time we stayed. The only complaint I had was that the walls are paper thin, and I could hear the person next to us watching adult films and laughing well into the morning, so that caused a little loss of sleep (not the hotels fault). Overall I would stay here again, because it is a great deal with comfortable beds and great service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

We do appreciate your review and the kind words about our hotel. We strive to make a great impression on each and every guest. We live for comments like that and they only make us work that much harder to earn and keep our customers. Thanks again for your review and most of all your business.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my 3rd choice for an overnight as the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn were both booked. It should have been my first.
Great service, friendly staff, very clean everything; huge bathroom and the bed was incredibly comfortable. There was even a pair of mints on the pillows.
I can't speak to the breakfast, but coffee was available all night and day.
Overall I am pleased; would stay here again without hesitation and definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in Florince.

• Stayed: March 2013

Well sometimes being 3rd pays off! In this case I am glad our competition was unable to serve you so now we have hopefully earned a permanent guest! Thanks for your comments and your awesome review . It's an encouragement to myself and my staff, and a testament to the hard work we all put in. We will continue to go out of our way to serve and make every guest happy. Just like we are known for on this site. We have the most hospitable staff in all of Florence and I am so proud to work with them! Thanks again for your review and have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is lovely inside and out. All the amenities, king bed, micro/fridge, hair dryer, new linens, separated seating area with couch, coffee table, chair, end table and lamp for reading and watching flat screen TV. Joined their Choice Rewards program and will stay with this chain of hotels often. Have not partaken of their breakfast, but will in morning. We got good rate for military as promised.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelnblond
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for a fantastic review. It's so nice when a guest like you, is so pleased with their stay, they can't wait to review us. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you in the morning.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel was comfortable and the breakfast was excellent.
It was after six pm when we stopped and rooms were booked at most hotels. The staff here quoted us a price within our budget. The next morning we discovered that we were being charged their "regular" rate. Oh well....we paid and considered it a lesson....If you are quoted a deal...get it in writing !
The hotel was full of business travellers.

Room Tip: If you are given a price...get it in writing !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RCanard
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your review and comments. I appreciate the fact that many of the rates at different hotels in Florence, and anywhere for that matter, can go up and down based on the demand. It isn't intended to cause confusion, and our hotel, along with so many others, only try to remain competitive while offering the best rates for the best accommodations. OUR hotel, being only 3 years old, offering a delicious hot breakfast, comfortable beds, a flat screen TV in every room, and a heated, YEAR ROUND indoor pool, is actually considered by many an incredible deal, compared to some of our competitors that have even less to offer! So again, on behalf of our staff, thank you for your review and deciding to stay with us, even though the price wasn't quite in your budget. Sometime a nice atmosphere and a super friendly staff is worth a it's weight in gold! Have a fantastic week.