“Clean and well located”

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
“Clean and well located”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stopped there for our first night on our way south from Quebec to Miami. The first criteria when in an hotel is the cleanliness and that hotel was perfect. Nice pool, really good breakfast and well located near the HW 95. I recommend that one for anyone who is looking for a nice and clean place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
We do appreciate your stay and do look forward to serving you again. Have a happy and safe New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed December 24, 2012

First time ever in this hotel, when we arrived friday 12/21/12 the lobby was packed and the young man at the desk Chris was very busy checking people in and answering the phone. He was very profesional and polite. We stayed in a king suite but had to use the pull out sofa bed and to our suprise it was not made so we called and asked if he could come make it up for us while we were out to dinner, when we returned everything was taken care of. Chris told us when checking in that the hotel was still fairly new. The room was nice and roomy , quiet and the breakfast was great on the way out the next morning. This will be our first choice from now on when in florence. And I cant say enough about the young man chris he went above and beyond or expectations, he made use feel like we were the only ones in the hotel when dealing with us and our needs hes a great asset to your hotel and I wanted to let you know how great our experience was because of him.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so much for that awesome review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that Chris was such a help to you. He is a valued agent and the best with customer service. I will be sure to pass along your comments and on behalf of Chris and the rest of the staff, thank you and have a wonderful and prosperous New Year!!!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very well managed, clean and comfortable. The fan coil unit made alot of noise and a train goes by this may disrupt your night. Ear plugs will solve the problem. The breakfast is very good with a nice eating space. Overall It is a nice overnight stop.

• Stayed December 2012
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry you were kept up a little. We strive to make every guest's stay enjoyable. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will definitley address these concerns. Please consider us again on your next trip passing through. Have a wonderful Holiday!!!
Washington DC
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thanks to the high Trip Advisor ratings, we gave this a try for two one-night stays (at the half-way point between home and southwestern Georgia). The folks at the front desk were very helpful -- if I recall the names correctly, Eric Lovell gave a great welcome at both check-in's (called me by name on the second trip, which was so nice), and I admired Carol's extra attention to keeping the front area neat in between serving the guests. I didn't get names for several others, but do want to acknowledge them: a) both the ladies maintaining the breakfast area were kind and conscientious about keeping the food area tidy; and b) the housekeeper for room 305 (tall African-American lady) was very responsive to our request for a rubber bathmat. I don't think any of the bathtubs have strips or a safety surface, so it's worth asking for the bathmat, just for extra support.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Such a great review! Thank you for your kind words and appreciation about our staff. They are sunch an encouragement. We do appreciate your business and for using us for both trips! On behalf of our staff, have a very Happy Holiday!
Ocala, FL
Reviewed December 4, 2012

First of all we want to say a big thank you to the desk associate Eric L. that greeted us on when we checked in on 12/1. He was so professional and knew what he was doing, warm but not over the top and you could see that he could handle problems if there were any. I am retired military and he just was so pleasant/professional to deal with, felt at ease with him. Our room was comfortable, on the top floor as I requested, quiet and clean. A great overnight stay, we ate prior to our stop but there are many restaurants arounf the hotel to choose from. The only thing was breakfast the next day (12/2) was a bit off the mark as far as keeping the coffee suppled and the bold coffe thermos, the push top was broken & there was no one around for a period to tell. Breakfast selection is good, just need to have the breakfast area staffed better and not left with no one around, desk area was vacant too. I changed out the regular thermos myself that is how I know no one was about and as we were leaving the young lady was strolling back from somewhere. This was the only oops that day and it may have been a "off" day but an oops. Would stay again based on the rooms and welcome at front desk.

Room Tip: High floor quieter and the back side is quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We defintly appreciate that comment! I am sorry you had a problem with the thermos. Yes it has been replaced and I am also sorry no one was around to help. I know they have to run and get supplies at times and that can happen. We do however have both the Front Desk and the Breakfast staffed during the morning. And the Front Desk is 24/7!
Thank you for your stay and the comment about Eric. He is an asset to our company and a true proffessional. I will pass this along to him and I would like to pass along to you, Happy Holidays!
Green Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a second review. I wanted to update it because in all fairness the hotel was brand new for the first one. So after my second stay over 15 months later, it still is as clean as a brand new hotel, staff really friendly. Breakfast was great, fully stocked,clean, delicious with nice amount of choices! They were busy but they stayed ontop of everything.I sent two friends here and they said they wouldn't stay anywhere else from now on. It is a good location for a stop between nj and Orlando. They are a top hotel with affordable rates! I was hesitant to post this because they might raise the rates, but I wanted to give this hotel the recognition it deserves! One little thing, I ithink there should be sign at the entrance road, at night it's hard to see.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much and no don't worry about the rates. We only raise them as the demand fits. We want people to enjoy our hotel therefore we make it affordable. Certain times require up swings, but that is any business. Thank you for all of your compliments and we hope you ahve a fantastic Holiday!!
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We are on our way to Florida and Florence is a good place to stop. We stayed here last year too. The place is clean, bright and the staff were friendly. The room is big, the beds comfortable, the linens soft and the bathroom spacious. The breakfast set up was very nice and tasty. Be sure to look into the various rates offered with AAA, Seniors etc. The posted internet price may not be the lowest rate for you. I do wonder how many rooms a day they actually offer at the coupon book price...it was $30 less than the Internet price for walk ins. No rooms were available when I asked.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to serving you again soon.