“Great place -- great people!”

Comfort Suites Florence
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thanks to the high Trip Advisor ratings, we gave this a try for two one-night stays (at the half-way point between home and southwestern Georgia). The folks at the front desk were very helpful -- if I recall the names correctly, Eric Lovell gave a great welcome at both check-in's (called me by name on the second trip, which was so nice), and I admired Carol's extra attention to keeping the front area neat in between serving the guests. I didn't get names for several others, but do want to acknowledge them: a) both the ladies maintaining the breakfast area were kind and conscientious about keeping the food area tidy; and b) the housekeeper for room 305 (tall African-American lady) was very responsive to our request for a rubber bathmat. I don't think any of the bathtubs have strips or a safety surface, so it's worth asking for the bathmat, just for extra support.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Such a great review! Thank you for your kind words and appreciation about our staff. They are sunch an encouragement. We do appreciate your business and for using us for both trips! On behalf of our staff, have a very Happy Holiday!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

First of all we want to say a big thank you to the desk associate Eric L. that greeted us on when we checked in on 12/1. He was so professional and knew what he was doing, warm but not over the top and you could see that he could handle problems if there were any. I am retired military and he just was so pleasant/professional to deal with, felt at ease with him. Our room was comfortable, on the top floor as I requested, quiet and clean. A great overnight stay, we ate prior to our stop but there are many restaurants arounf the hotel to choose from. The only thing was breakfast the next day (12/2) was a bit off the mark as far as keeping the coffee suppled and the bold coffe thermos, the push top was broken & there was no one around for a period to tell. Breakfast selection is good, just need to have the breakfast area staffed better and not left with no one around, desk area was vacant too. I changed out the regular thermos myself that is how I know no one was about and as we were leaving the young lady was strolling back from somewhere. This was the only oops that day and it may have been a "off" day but an oops. Would stay again based on the rooms and welcome at front desk.

Room Tip: High floor quieter and the back side is quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

We defintly appreciate that comment! I am sorry you had a problem with the thermos. Yes it has been replaced and I am also sorry no one was around to help. I know they have to run and get supplies at times and that can happen. We do however have both the Front Desk and the Breakfast staffed during the morning. And the Front Desk is 24/7!
Thank you for your stay and the comment about Eric. He is an asset to our company and a true proffessional. I will pass this along to him and I would like to pass along to you, Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a second review. I wanted to update it because in all fairness the hotel was brand new for the first one. So after my second stay over 15 months later, it still is as clean as a brand new hotel, staff really friendly. Breakfast was great, fully stocked,clean, delicious with nice amount of choices! They were busy but they stayed ontop of everything.I sent two friends here and they said they wouldn't stay anywhere else from now on. It is a good location for a stop between nj and Orlando. They are a top hotel with affordable rates! I was hesitant to post this because they might raise the rates, but I wanted to give this hotel the recognition it deserves! One little thing, I ithink there should be sign at the entrance road, at night it's hard to see.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you so much and no don't worry about the rates. We only raise them as the demand fits. We want people to enjoy our hotel therefore we make it affordable. Certain times require up swings, but that is any business. Thank you for all of your compliments and we hope you ahve a fantastic Holiday!!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We are on our way to Florida and Florence is a good place to stop. We stayed here last year too. The place is clean, bright and the staff were friendly. The room is big, the beds comfortable, the linens soft and the bathroom spacious. The breakfast set up was very nice and tasty. Be sure to look into the various rates offered with AAA, Seniors etc. The posted internet price may not be the lowest rate for you. I do wonder how many rooms a day they actually offer at the coupon book price...it was $30 less than the Internet price for walk ins. No rooms were available when I asked.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is really nice and the rooms are spacious, we were slightly disappointed when we could not get the cable and wireless Internet to work in the room. We had to call the front desk 3 times and finally I demand that someone come up to the room to take care of this issue. I would stay I this hotel again it is very clean an has updated electronics. Also, their breakfast are delicious.

Room Tip: Ask about the view...good windows and higher floors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! I am so sorry you had problems with cable and internet. This almost never happens! I am certainly glad we were able to fix things for you. We really appreciate your score and hope that you have a fantastic Holiday!!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel and rooms are very clean. The decor is modern and refreshing. The staff was friendly, professional and helpful, especially the front desk staff! Free breakfast was definitely a bonus. The hotel is in a good location, close to I-95, the airport and train station. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for you're very generous comments. We love to read reviews like that. It is such an encouragement to our staff and we really appreciate that. Don't forget about the incredible prices we will have all winter long. Comfort Suites of Florence is a great stop over boasting the most comfortable, heated, indoor pool around! Thanks again and have a Wonderful Holiday Season!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Well allright now this is a very nice place .Hotel staff excellent even at 10 pm when we checked in .Room top of the line everything furniture ,bed, mattress ,TV LG 40" the bathroom was amazing Too !!!all in all this hotel is well worth the $120 a night they want for a king size suite.I would stay here anytime !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Wow what a great review! Thank you on behalf of our staff for your kind words. We do hope to see you all again soon. Until then we hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.