“Nice, clean hotel”

Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Florence
New Bern, NC
“Nice, clean hotel”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel was very nice....new & clean & easy to find off I-95. Our king room was clean & spacious. The bed was very comfortable, with lots of pillows; there was an extra pillow & blanket in closet. Hotel staff was very friendly. It was very quiet--while other reviews said a train goes by, we never heard it if it did. We didn't eat breakfast there; there are plenty of restaurants within a short drive down the street (not within walking distance, although lots next door are empty so that may change). We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for that review. Your review tells the tale so well, so to speak, in regards to the train. As has been said so many times, the train does pass by in the early morning hours. We have had just as many guests say they never heard the train, as we have those who have. It all depends on your level of sleep. Thank you for proving that point and I am so glad you never heard it. I am also glad you enjoyed your stay. Please take advantage of our super low rates this winter and please make your stop on the way down! On behalf of our staff, have a wonderful and safe Holiday Season!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent hotel to stop on your way down I-95 south or going north. New property, so it is very clean and nicely furnished. Also the free hot breakfast is not bad either, had some healthy choices even for me. Yes it is near train tracks, but I like the sound and it did not bother me that night. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I always ask for 2 queen beds, you get more room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review. I am certainly glad the train was actually nice to hear. Believe it or not, you are one of many guests that have said that! It can be a unique, somewhat nostalgic noise, and many of our guests like it. Thank you again for your business and have a happy and safe Holiday Season!!!
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2012

During our stay of one night (10/21), we welcomed the fresh clean look of the hotel and the rooms were very accomodating. After a long drive, we were ready to get some good needed sleep in order to wake up for an early start in the morning.... BUT then the trains came through...right out our window at 11pm and 3 am.....LOUD whisltes blowing and all. Hotel, accomodations and services themself would easily rank a 5 BUT the train(s) were a litttle discomforting. Probably not much management could do, but why did they give us a room on the end of the hotel nearest the train tracks when I dont think the hotel was sold out??

Room Tip: Suggest a room away from the train tracks, not certain this would help for the train whisltes are L...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Trains Trains Train! I am so glad your did enjoy our hotel despite the train sound. Although most of our guests never hear it, some light sleepers do. That, unfortunatly, will make lighter sleepers not so happy. However, its quick and although no rooms are imune to the sounds, they can be minimized. Thank you again for the nice compliments and we wish you a happy Holiday!!!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We only spent one night in the Comfort Suites in Florence, but were very favorably impressed with the hotel. The colors were all co-ordinated throughout. The bedroom was nice, the bed comfy, with a flat-screen TV that every hotel needs. The carpeting and the wallpaper and the general decoration of the entire hotel was superior to any Comfort Suite we have ever been in. The breakfast area also had a lot of general lounge seating, and the room area was very large, with tall ceilings, a glass wall, plus unusual glass vases on shelves along one wall that was a nice decorative touch. There was a very good choice of breakfast items, both hot and cold.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and had a quiet room despite it being near a railroad track & not far...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Such amazing compliments!! Thank you on behalf of our staff for your compliments and your review. I certainly hope that you will again visit our hotel on your next trip. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend!
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is an exceptionally great place to stay. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The pool water was almost as warm as bath water, so enjoyable relaxing. Their breakfast includes bacon, sausage, eggs, and the usual other items. The staff is very helpful and friendly. There are numerous good places to eat. It is not visible from the interstate, but they gave me great directions that were easy to follow. What a pleasure to have such a lovely clean spacious place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I am so excited to read such nice comments, and I really appreciate your honest review. I certainly am glad our hotel was pleasing to you on your recent trip, and I do hope you will make another stop here the next time you are passing through. On behalf of our staff, we wish you a happy and safe Holiday Season.
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had the priviledge of staying at this hotel during a recent trip to Florence for a baseball tournament. This was the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere! The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was perfect for us. We especially enjoyed the extensive continental breakfast and complimentary evening coffee. This hotel should be a training facility for all hotels striving for gold star perfection. Nice Job Florence Comfort Suites!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeanette E
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
WOW! I am just humbled by your kind words and your honest review. I always post encouraging comments like yours for all of our staff to read. Thank you for taking your time out to share with everyone, the awesome experience you had at Comfort Suites in Florence. I appreciate your comments, and mostly your business. We are a top CHOICE for all sports teams from Baseball, Basketball, Softball, Soccar, Tennis, and even Volleyball. We have hosted all types of teams, and we have received excellant reviews like yours. We love our teams, have superior rates, large spacious rooms, and a hearty breeakfast to fuel your team to victory!
Thanks again for everything and I hope you have a wonderful upcomming Holiday Season!
Ottawa Valley
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was a lovely one night stay. I used a hotel coupon and had no problems with check in, as a drop in customer. The pool was fun, the room was large, and the breakfast was good, with a lovely chatty breakfast lady. While the room was still practically new, the housekeeping may need to slow down a little. Because of all of the hairs all looped around the hairdryer in the bathroom were an obvious housekeeping item that had been overlooked. I could not touch it nor use it without cleaning off all the long dark hairs covering the cords. That would be the only complaint, while my family slept soundly and the large room allowed me to stay up reading on the couch for a while after my daughter went to sleep.

Room Tip: Always ask for a top floor room. It avoids anyone running aroung over your head, esp. in the evening...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lewisi38, General Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you very much for all of your comments. I really appreciate all you said and the helpful tips you gave. I am sorry the housekeepers missed the hair dryer as that is not typical. They are trained to spot things like that and usually get those. So for that I am sorry, but I have to say, I am glad it didn't ruin the trip, and you were able to enjoy yourself. I do hope you stop on your next trip to Florence. Thanks again for your business and have a great week.