“Great Motel service”

Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Great Motel service”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was A recent guest at the Motel called The Eco no Lodge in Florence ,south Carolina The first thing I notice was the nice clean king sized bed, and the bath room was clean and extravagant .
The towels were white as a cloud, and soft as fluff.
My overall stay was comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

No issues here. Clean rooms, friendly staff and a good sized room. Comfy beds,too. I wish the breakfast was served a little later like most choice hotels, though.I didn't hear any trains in our five night stay like others have mentioned

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I-95 exit 164 was rated a 4 because the room was low cost, it had a 2 line TV scroll so one could see what shows we're on for the next 1 1/2 hours had a freezer compartment in the ..room fridge, had heat ,smelled good, appeared clean. Breakfast had hard boiled eggs, waffles, some fruit and the rest all carbs. Coffee was OK. There are 2 trains 1 at 11pm and 1 at 5am. blowing at all the crossings immediately in front of the motel. Maybe that that explains why the breakfast room was filled at 6:45am as generally we'd be the only ones there at that hour. They were woke up.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Neptune Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night in December. We just needed a place to sleep for the night as we continued our road trip.

Overall the hotel was fine - our room was clean, the Wifi worked, we really did not have any problems!

The location was perfect for us - literally right off of the highway (I95). A little bit noisy but couldn't really hear it from our room.

My only complaint is that the man who checked us in was pretty rude. In his defense, we did not arrive until around 1 in the morning, but I still expect to be treated politely by hotel staff.

The location is kind of sketchy. We were told our room was in the very back building, which probably added to the creepiness. There was someone - I couldn't tell if it was one person multiple - walking past our room over and over again early the morning we were leaving, but we were on the ground floor so that is to be expected.

This hotel is a good clean hotel to stay at for a night or two - I'd stay here again if I am ever on a trip passing through Florence again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our hotel. I’m glad you found the experience pleasant enough that you would stay with us again, and we look forward to having you back with us. I’m concerned, however, that our customer service didn’t live up to your expectations. We strive for 100 percent satisfaction, and I feel our customer service failed you. For that I sincerely apologize.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The first room they gave us the beds were made nicely I pulled the bedspread back, sheets were filthy, bathroom was filthy.It looked like a dog had been bathing in the tub. So we switched rooms.The next room burn marks on the bathtub from cigarettes the beds springs were coming through the material, it was clean but it was old & past its prime. The continental breakfast was fabulous. I asked for a manager the next morning to make sure they understood all the things that we saw in the first room the night before & the condition of our beds, the front desk person was uninterested in what I had to say & told me these things happen.hopefully they will pay more attention after this.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Econo Lodge during your last visit.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue related to the hospitality and service is seriously handled and the front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We would like you to take note of these and once again stay with us during your visit and experience the difference!

Whitinsville, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Booked 2 rooms. Should have known as the parking lot was empty and the statue in the lobby was tilted over and the fish pond was dirty. Room door had space you could see through when door was closed. Flip over safety lock was broken. Of the 4 lights one had a bad bulb one had a short circuit. Bed spread was stained. Bathroom had cobwebs in two of the corners. Toilet would have to be flushed several times with each use. Left within 1/2 hour. Check in clerk did not seem surprised.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Econo Lodge during your last visit.

We appreciate the review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue related to the amenities, cleanliness and hospitality related problem has been investigated.

Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

The front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We would like you to take note of these and request to stay with us again during your next visit and experience the difference!

Syosset, NY
Reviewed September 4, 2013

While on a long drive from north to south on the I-95, I took an overnight stop at the Econo Lodge, since I drove most of the day and arriving late at night, I checked by calling, thankfully the lady on the phone told me the latest check-in time was around 1am (or 2am, I forget what time exactly). When I got in, check-in was smooth, I could park right in front of my 1st floor room, there was wifi. I liked that the room was small but had everything I needed, a small fridge, coffee grounds for the coffeemaker, and A/C and heat unit. The bathroom was small but clean. I gave it 4 stars since the water pressure was too low for the shower. I also liked the complimentary breakfast in the morning, there were grits and oatmeal, oranges and bananas, mini muffins, boiled egg, waffle maker, and coffee and other beverages, even if it was quite packed especially at the waffle maker and there were lots of kids running around. I also liked the price I paid for the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
econolodgeflorence, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Econo Lodge Florence.

It is just great to see your nice review.

This will definitely empower us to further improve our services and hospitality.

We shall definitely try to do something for the noise issue.

We look forward to welcome you again soon.