“An inexpensive nights stay for this pet family”

Econo Lodge Florence
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“An inexpensive nights stay for this pet family”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel filled the bill for an inexpensive stopover hotel on our drive from PA to Florida. After reading the reviews I was expecting the worst but I was pleasantly surprised to have a clean quiet room. The shower was perfect with high water pressure and plenty of hot water. The a/c worked perfectly. My only complaint would be the pillows, they really need to be replaced with new ones. All in all, it was a convenient inexpensive hotel for this pet family. J&J couchpugs

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Couchpugs
Mihir P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Econolodge Florence, we appreciate your business. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay. We strive everyday to be the best in our industry so we really appreciate your views and incite on your stay. They tell us what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Thanks again for sharing and have a wonderful summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Wells, Maine
Reviewed August 25, 2012

W.e had no bath towels in room and when they were finally delivered, they were WET. We proceeded to front desk to get dry towels - no apologies were given. Upon check=out we were not asked if we had enjoyed our stay. We have written them several emails requesting a refund - the stay was on June 26th,2012. No refund received.We will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Take a look at other hotels in the area - NOT this one
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leona W
Thank you for sharing your commments on your recent stay. I do apologize for the conditions you recieved. I understand that you were traveling with your family and the room was not up to par.... again my apologies. At no time do we want to give anyone a poor stay, that is why we ask if you do not feel the room you have meets your needs please contact the desk so that we may move you. I am sorry that the first experience you had of Econo Lodge was a poor representation of the hotel. Please do not hold this against the hotel. The hotel has many rooms and many choices to choose from but if you do not tell us at the time of your stay that you are not satisfied with your accomodations then we can not meet or satisfy your needs. Thanks again for sharing and have a most enjoyable summer.
wallkillny
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed overnight on the way to Florida. The hotel was in a convenient location, right off of 95. The problem was when I went to the room and settled in I found a roach. Not happy, so I packed up and went to the desk and got a new room. Unfortunately I was uncomfortable for the rest of the evening. Will not stay again, there are too many other choices and I would rather spend a little more and not worry about bugs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank catherined55
Sharonda H, Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience on your stay with our facility. We appreciate and value your comments because good or bad they help us how we are doing. I understand how finding a bug in the room can be very unsettling experience. However, bugs are hijackers they can attach themselves to your luggage without your knowledge and unfortunately if you were on the ground floor and had the door open the bug can fly into the room. This occurence can happen at the best of hotels not just an Econlodge. Upon your findings we contacted our pest service and they came and took care of the occurence. Bugs are not typical to our hotel but they can happen. Thank you for sharing I am sorry you were unable to sleep and I hope you do not hold this incident against our hotel. If you are in Florence again please give us a chance to meet and exceed your needs.
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the stay. The room was clean, smelt good, hot water in shower, also clean. The price was was comparable to the other hotels around. For being right off the interstate it was a great deal.

Room Tip: Next time I will get a room with two beds.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with our hotel. I do appreciate your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear how someone enjoyed our facility. Through your experiences we find out what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Everyone on the team appreciates you taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your stay. We have been doing many renovations at the property so be sure to ask for the room with two beds, I think you will really enjoy the experience. Have a wonderful summer and I hope to get the chance to meet you during your next visit with us. Thanks for traveling.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I just arrived and it is midnight. It is Friday night/ Saturday AM. We paid $73 for a room with double beds. (I am guessing the average price doubles for weekends.)
It is technically clean, but very rundown. The air conditioning is not working well and though the manager offered to get us a different room, my teenage boys and husband had already gotten undressed to try to get some sleep. By the time we would drag our stuff to some other room, we opted to stick it out. There were not enough towels, so I had to go down and get more. There was no offer to have them brought to the room.
We are near the highway, so the drone of the AC is at least functioning effectively as white noise to minimize the sounds from I-95.
I am definitely disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012
Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We decided to break up the drive to Myrtle Beach, and stayed here based on ok reviews. Bad decision! When we got here, we could see that it was frequented by sketchy clientele. We got a room on the corner of the bottom floor. When we opened the door, a musty odor hit us, and it was hot and humid in the room. We turned on the AC, and it helped somewhat. The bathroom vent system didn't work, so when we closed to door to keep our little infant son from crawling in there, it got a nasty odor. The ceiling above the toilet had peeling paint, and it looked pretty yucky. The front desk staff was very friendly, as were the breakfast staff. My boyfriend didn't sleep much, kept looking out at the car, to make sure it wasn't broken into. Next time, we would definitely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sharonda H, Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed on our way to Pawley's Island and just needed a place to put our heads. It's old, out-dated, dusty, and smelly. Before going to sleep, we didn't even want to sit in the rooms, so we pulled the table and chairs outside. Never again...I'd have paid twice the $55 to NOT stay here.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your commments on your recent stay. I do apologize for the conditions you recieved. I understand that your accomodations were not up to par, forgive me but I must ask upon walking into the room once it did not meet your needs why did you continue to stay in the room? . At no time do we want to give anyone a poor stay, that is why we ask if you do not feel the room you have meets your needs please contact the desk so that we may move you. I am sorry that the first experience you had of Econo Lodge was a poor representation of the hotel. Please do not hold this against the hotel. The hotel has many rooms and many choices to choose from but if you do not tell us at the time of your stay that you are not satisfied with your accomodations then we can not meet or satisfy your needs. Our guest are are singular most important concern, they tell us what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Thanks again for sharing and have a most enjoyable summer.