“Enjoyed the room”

Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Enjoyed the room”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the stay. The room was clean, smelt good, hot water in shower, also clean. The price was was comparable to the other hotels around. For being right off the interstate it was a great deal.

Room Tip: Next time I will get a room with two beds.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sharonda H, Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with our hotel. I do appreciate your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear how someone enjoyed our facility. Through your experiences we find out what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Everyone on the team appreciates you taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your stay. We have been doing many renovations at the property so be sure to ask for the room with two beds, I think you will really enjoy the experience. Have a wonderful summer and I hope to get the chance to meet you during your next visit with us. Thanks for traveling.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I just arrived and it is midnight. It is Friday night/ Saturday AM. We paid $73 for a room with double beds. (I am guessing the average price doubles for weekends.)
It is technically clean, but very rundown. The air conditioning is not working well and though the manager offered to get us a different room, my teenage boys and husband had already gotten undressed to try to get some sleep. By the time we would drag our stuff to some other room, we opted to stick it out. There were not enough towels, so I had to go down and get more. There was no offer to have them brought to the room.
We are near the highway, so the drone of the AC is at least functioning effectively as white noise to minimize the sounds from I-95.
I am definitely disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012
Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We decided to break up the drive to Myrtle Beach, and stayed here based on ok reviews. Bad decision! When we got here, we could see that it was frequented by sketchy clientele. We got a room on the corner of the bottom floor. When we opened the door, a musty odor hit us, and it was hot and humid in the room. We turned on the AC, and it helped somewhat. The bathroom vent system didn't work, so when we closed to door to keep our little infant son from crawling in there, it got a nasty odor. The ceiling above the toilet had peeling paint, and it looked pretty yucky. The front desk staff was very friendly, as were the breakfast staff. My boyfriend didn't sleep much, kept looking out at the car, to make sure it wasn't broken into. Next time, we would definitely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sharonda H, Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your commments on your recent stay. I do apologize for the conditions you recieved. I understand that you were traveling with your family and the room was not up to par.... again my apologies. At no time do we want to give anyone a poor stay, that is why we ask if you do not feel the room you have meets your needs please contact the desk so that we may move you. I am sorry that the first experience you had of Econo Lodge was a poor representation of the hotel. Please do not hold this against the hotel. The hotel has many rooms and many choices to choose from but if you do not tell us at the time of your stay that you are not satisfied with your accomodations then we can not meet or satisfy your needs. Thanks again for sharing and have a most enjoyable summer.
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed on our way to Pawley's Island and just needed a place to put our heads. It's old, out-dated, dusty, and smelly. Before going to sleep, we didn't even want to sit in the rooms, so we pulled the table and chairs outside. Never again...I'd have paid twice the $55 to NOT stay here.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your commments on your recent stay. I do apologize for the conditions you recieved. I understand that your accomodations were not up to par, forgive me but I must ask upon walking into the room once it did not meet your needs why did you continue to stay in the room? . At no time do we want to give anyone a poor stay, that is why we ask if you do not feel the room you have meets your needs please contact the desk so that we may move you. I am sorry that the first experience you had of Econo Lodge was a poor representation of the hotel. Please do not hold this against the hotel. The hotel has many rooms and many choices to choose from but if you do not tell us at the time of your stay that you are not satisfied with your accomodations then we can not meet or satisfy your needs. Our guest are are singular most important concern, they tell us what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Thanks again for sharing and have a most enjoyable summer.
Bradenton Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here one night on our way to the Outer Banks. My impressions of this place were mainly positive. The desk clerk was friendly. The room was outdated and did need to be aired out. Smelled of cigarette smoke, possibly, however...we paid $42 for this room and the bed was comfy, room had a nice TV (not plasma) and a clean bathroom. It looked like to me that the management cared about the place and was trying to clean up it's act. Workers were seen cleaning carpets and windows. The outdoor pool was clean. The marked jogging route around the motel was nice, and it had a fitness room. Very convenient to several restaurants and it had your basic, complimentary breakfast menu. Bottom line, if you are looking for luxury, this is not your place. If you need a short, economical stopover, this works. We would stay here again, especially for a short stay. To the management, keep up the good work. You are almost there........

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Econolodge Florence, we appreciate your business. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay. We strive everyday to be the best in our industry so we really appreciate your views and incite on your stay. They tell us what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Thanks again for sharing and have a wonderful summer.
Weirsdale, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We arrived to check in and were given room keys to a room that had not been completed yet. When I went back to the front desk, the lady was very apologetic and gave me keys to another room which was ready. This is an older hotel and it shows in some areas. Cost for the room is very affordable. Fridge and microwave in the room and both worked. Beds were comfortable. There was a dead bug that had been squashed and was still stuck on the wall and a dead bug in the bathroom corner, but we didn't see any live bugs. Didn't use the Wi-Fi, so can't comment. Did not try the continental breakfast, got on the road instead.This hotel is next to the interstate and I mean directly next to it. Road noise was definitely heard in the room. There are 21 pet friendly hotels in the Florence area, so I would probably try another next time, but would not be totally adverse to staying here again if I had to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, we do value your feedback. We are glad that out of all the hotels listed on hwy. 52 you chose our hotel to host your overnight accommodations. Unfortunately, your first impression of the hotel was tarnished at check-in. Our hotel has been undergoing some changes in the past couple of months and unfortunately the day you checked in our system malfunctioned and you were checked into a dirty room. I apologize for that error and for the dead bug. Dead bugs are not typical at our hotel, however, just days before we had the rooms exterminated for our monthly service agreement. Thank you for sharing your experience we do value and appreciate your comments. I know you said you would probably think on staying with someone else next time, but I hope you will give us a chance to meet and exceed your needs.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2012

stayed 3 nights 4 days clean room micro, fridge, internet all worked. enjoyed our stay. staff was especially nice, would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sharonda H, Manager at Econo Lodge Florence, responded to this review, May 24, 2012