“Great overnight I95 stop!”

Econo Lodge Florence
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The service was very hospitable, room was decent, the location was great,gas was cheap, lots of dining options....all for a BARGAIN price! And pet friendly to boot !

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank LIlBoozer

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Clean older but not old hotel off I95 at Exit 164. I was in room 157 which was too close to the freeway. My fault as I should have asked for a room further from I95. Very comfortable bed and the A/C did not keep me awake. A "Quincy's" was adjacent to the hotel and, even though it was an all you can eat, the food was very good and the service was excellent. Try the fried chicken. The hotel could not be beat for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room well off the freeway
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank skip1941
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I recently completed a trip North to see family and friends. While the trip itself was wonderful some of our accomdations left a lot to be desired. One example was this motel In Florence, our stopover for the trip up. First off, when my husband went to get ice he could only get 5 ice cubes. Wha?!?!? Then there was the cockroach on the wall. Yuck! I'm surprised I stayed there after that. Finally there was the seedy element that was hanging at the hotel so much so that everytime my husband went outside to smoke he was approached either by someone selling drugs or someone selling themselves. What kind of place is this?! Clean up your property there are plenty of other places to stay in Florence.

Room Tip: Don't stay there that's my tip.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We used it for an overnight stop on the way down to Florida. Nice staff, clean, and pretty good rate. They gave me a discount because of where I work so make sure to inquire if you want to save a few bucks. The only "problem" if you want to call it one is it is right next to I-95 so you do hear the traffic but I sleep like rock so it didnt bother me. Staff was nice and check in was quick. No soap or shampoo left in the room which I am finding most dont leave now anyway but I bring my own. WiFi was down the second day but again I was just there to sleep and get going so I really didnt mind, if I was staying a while it would have bothered me more. I would use again for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a discounts
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JohnnyRed1
Reviewed January 13, 2011

After driving 12 hpurs between NJ and FL it is very convenience place to stay. My husband love the fitness room. Just I felt sorry that we missed the breakfast. They serve just unit 9am. They should say to their guest as soon as they register and have any sign in the rooms

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Isa2011
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed one night there on the way to NC, and one coming back. I found this hotel to be very clean and very reasonable in price. I will stay there again.
We stayed in a room by the pool, which I requested so my grandchild could swim. I have to say that it was a little noisy because of interstate 95, but we sleep with a fan and it didn't bother us to much.
I found the front staff very nice, and the continental breakfast good.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank southerngal53
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My family and I have stayed at this location twice in the past two months. I was extra weary about staying at an Econo Lodge, but I was very impressed. This is the perfect hotel to visit my family at a great budget with children. I (we) love it. The beds are very comfortable and relaxing . My husband took advantage of the fitness center, which he enjoyed. The breakfast is good. Waffles, boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, toast, juices, fresh apples, and yogurt. We'll definately be back to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family