“Comfortable & Charming”

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Comfortable & Charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here returning from Florida for 1 night. Checked in after Spring Hill next door couldn't give us a room at 6:30 for 3. The room was decorated charmingly in bistro decor. The room was pretty clean with the mild exception that there were ants in the kitchenette invading the sink and coffee pot. The only other thing we could have wished for was a thicker wall as we could hear our neighbor's booming voice quite clearly. Once he became quiet our night was peaceful. Breakfast was decent and the staff very polite. We would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
DitaEE, thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's always nice to hear we were able to accommodate someone after a long day's drive! I'm so sorry to hear that you had tiny visitors in your room! Unfortunately, from time to time, South Carolina's rainy, unpredictable, temperature changing weather can drive in an unwanted friend or two. Please rest assured they we did contact Marriott's approved vendor Ecolab to take care of this matter. I am also sorry to hear your neighbor was not such a quiet one! Please contact me personally if you are ever in our area again and I will ensure your room is quiet and "unwanted friend" free!
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise! We picked the Residence Inn as one of the few pet friendly hotels along I 95. My wife, I and our little Westie had a wonderful stay. The room was spotless, comfortable and roomy. We enjoyed a great night's rest with a wonderful breakfast in the morning. The hotel is located in an area with several restaurants very close by, some within walking distance. We travel down south often and will make certain to stop in at the RI on each trip.

Stayed February 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed here overnight and were really pleased with the oversized rooms, comfortable bed and the amenities that came with the room. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was great! The only con was that our shower curtain had layers of mold and mildew along the folds of it on the backside that grossed us out. Other than that, it was a great hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel with other travelers. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the spacious room and our expanded hot breakfast! I am also happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. I am however displeased to hear that your shower curtain was not clean. This is not our hotels standard nor the Marriott standard. We take pride in our rooms and strive for 100% complete guest satisfaction which includes room cleanliness. I hope that you will contact me directly at the property so that I can know exactly which room you stayed in. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

That long drive along I-95 from Florida up the east coast does entail one overnight stay for us. We had yet to find a hotel that was even a little bit nice. The Marriott Residence Inn was excellent. Our room was a one-bedroom suite that had a full kitchen and a gas fireplace in the living room area. Nice and comfy! Well appointed! The free breakfast at most hotels is not worth even checking out, but here the food was really good. The scrambled eggs were better than I make at home, and they had a nice spread of fresh food, and good coffee. Service at this hotel is courteous and professional. I will be coming back! They take dogs!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kaysandler
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

There is no better way to get some rest and recharge along I-95 in a beautiful room with plenty of space for a large family and all the amenities of a home. The fresh waffles with the free breakfast are a hit with the kids.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
X
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn last week and MUST be responsible to write a nice review since they made my stay so memorable. I was there for a sad occasion, but the stay at the RI just made us feel that we were on vacation. I was checked in by ? Markese who along with all employees was very efficient and friendly and handled all concerns and needs beautifully. The hotel is clean and also attractive. Beds are very comfortable and make you feel as if you are at home - or better! The room layout that I selected was what I needed, with a separate bedroom door. That is very difficult to find in other chains. I looked at a studio, and it was very inviting and lovely, but did not quite meet my needs. If you can stay in the fireplace one bedroom suite you will totally enjoy that. It was very lovely and relaxing. The full kitchen with the full range and fireplace suite is nice, and of course the other suites still have exceptional kitchens, though with a range top and micro, but not oven. This is important for me in that are usually prepare my own food while traveling. The kitchen was well stocked with the kitchen utensils that I needed and was exceptionally clean. Due to my diet preferences I did not have breakfast but it was totally beautiful and others In my party did. Now this was a true hot breakfast! Plenty variety of hot and cold foods; potatoes, eggs, waffles, oatmeal, and all kinds of good other hot foods, and cold foods. Very nice and well presented. Also plenty fresh fruit, whereas often breakfast bars have canned fruit. The exercise room was very secure, and adequate so I was able to stay on track with that. It was a tad difficult to find, but I was impressed with the cleaning personnel who stopped to take me rather than direct me to the room. Great staff training! There was no indoor pool but that was fine in that I was able to get in my exercise anyway. A minor detail is that the Wall Street Journal is available as well as the usual USA today and local paper. That was a nice attention to detail - which is what they seem to do. FYI, lotion is not stocked in the rooms, but is available at the desk. In the end I must say that If I am in that area again I will certainly stay at the RI. In fact, I entertained some of the local family while there and they were really impressed with the facility and noted that this is one place they can now refer friends and family to when they come to Florence. The RI is very conveniently accessible from I-95 and located in a very nice complex of other fine hotels, dining, and shopping. Wonderful people and stay. I took more time than usual on this review and hope that it helps you with your decision making. I always read your reviews before I book a location, so I feel I need to do my part to contribute to the pool.

Room Tip: Only for those who sleep with the window open, stay away from the second floor suites near the rooft...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Travelling with a pet is always a challenge so many of the "upscale" hotels along I-95 don't accept pets BUT I found the Residence Inn at exit 160A fits both my needs of a "pet friendly" hotel and a more "upscale" property. Friendly, polite (I just love the South)staff. Clean & meticulous public areas & rooms. Complimentary hot breakfast - can't recommend enough. If they were entitled to be reviewed by the Mobil guide they deserve top rating! :-)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family