“Very Pleasant Stay!”

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

On a recent road trip, we stayed overnight with our small puppy at this Residence Inn in Florence. The front desk staff was helpful and welcoming. We arrived late in the evening and were thankful for the snacks, food and drink that was available on-site - it really saved the day. Quiet and pleasant all-around, we settled into the king 1 bedroom suite. Accomodations were comfortable, clean and convenient. We skipped the breakfast to get back on the road, but did visit the starbucks in the nearby Target. Pet tip - there is a memorial park directly behind the property where you can take your pet for a nice walk before heading back onto the road. Would recommend, but note - the signs don't show that Residence Inn is all the way to the left at the end of the road.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I recently spent a night in Florence at the Residence Inn (RI) and cannot say enough about the warm and friendly staff. This was my first stay at a RI and only ended up here because of a mix-up in schedule at another hotel. While at first I was a bit frustrated to be sent to another location, I could not have been more pleased with the experience and everyone, especially Mark Warrin, the Assistant General Manager, could not have been more accommodating. I totally enjoyed the spacious one-bedroom suite, even though I was not there long enough to take advantage of the fully-equipped kitchen.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hello, Sara B. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I am so pleased to hear that we were able to turn your bad experience with a different property into a postitive one at our property. I am also so happy to hear you enjoyed your room and that Mark W. was able to accomidate your needs. I do hope you are able to stay a bit longer on your next trip so you can enjoy all of the wonderful amenities the Residence Inn Florence has to offer! Safe travels and thank you again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I travel to Florence a few times a year to visit family. This hotel is convenient to the mall and restaurants and right off highway. The breakfast is pretty good and the rooms are very comfortable. When not staying with family, this hotel is always my first choice. The separate living area and kitchen definitely makes spending nights away from home more pleasurable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

On a recent drive from Florida to Pennsylvania, we stayed at this hotel since it was at the halfway point, offered a decent rate, and was pet-friendly. (We were traveling with a small poodle). The staff was extremely friendly and the hotel was comfortable and clean. Also, the free breakfast in the morning was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We happen to be traveling with a dog making us consider this Residence Inn and a few other hotels. As it happens, we will continue to stay at Residence inns even without our dog! Very nice apt style one bedroom. Incredibly warm and competent check in by Sparkle at the front desk. Her warm professional nature sets a tone for the hotel. The other front desk young woman seemed very helpful to another guest. Everything at the hotel is well done, clean, well decorated and hassle-free. Just what you want on a long road trip! With or without your pet!

• Stayed: November 2013
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly enjoy knowing we were able to provide you and your pet with a clean, safe, pet friendly accomidation that will hopefully keep you visiting our Residence Inn and others again. Also, I am so happy to hear that Sparkle was most helpful. She along with other staff members have read your review and we thank you! Hope to see you and your four legged friend again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The moment I walked through the doors I knew that this was going to be a great experience. I was greeted with warm welcome and courteous smile. I was truly having a bad day and needed a positive experience. I had just checked out of a hotel that was less than desirable and was very unhappy. Not only was I greeted with a friendly welcome I was given a very nice, clean, spacious room. I am a retired veteran and have stayed in many nice hotels and a few that was not so nice. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to my family and friends. This hotel will be on our favorite list. This was a great experience!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
jennifer m, Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hello Herman S, and thank you for taking the time to share your happiness regarding your recent stay with us! I am so thrilled to hear our staff was able to lift your spirits and that we provided you with a clean an spacious room. Your comments have already been shared with our staff and we do indeed hope that you will visit us again soon so that we can claim the "top spot" on your favorites list! Happy and safe travels to you and yours.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Most Residence Inns are pretty much the same. This one was above average with a nice pool, updated rooms and clean. When we arrived the desk clerk actually upgraded us to a 2 bedroom for the same price as the one bedroom because of my Marriott Platinum status. (something most hotels forget they are supposed to do)
Once inside the room we found it to be very clean and updated. We only spent one night here while passing through town but having stayed in hundreds of residence inns I can tell you this one is above average.

Room Tip: We weren't here long enough to get a good feel for the layout of the hotel in order for me to ma...