“Great Experience”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The moment I walked through the doors I knew that this was going to be a great experience. I was greeted with warm welcome and courteous smile. I was truly having a bad day and needed a positive experience. I had just checked out of a hotel that was less than desirable and was very unhappy. Not only was I greeted with a friendly welcome I was given a very nice, clean, spacious room. I am a retired veteran and have stayed in many nice hotels and a few that was not so nice. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to my family and friends. This hotel will be on our favorite list. This was a great experience!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jennifer m, Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello Herman S, and thank you for taking the time to share your happiness regarding your recent stay with us! I am so thrilled to hear our staff was able to lift your spirits and that we provided you with a clean an spacious room. Your comments have already been shared with our staff and we do indeed hope that you will visit us again soon so that we can claim the "top spot" on your favorites list! Happy and safe travels to you and yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Skippack, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Most Residence Inns are pretty much the same. This one was above average with a nice pool, updated rooms and clean. When we arrived the desk clerk actually upgraded us to a 2 bedroom for the same price as the one bedroom because of my Marriott Platinum status. (something most hotels forget they are supposed to do)
Once inside the room we found it to be very clean and updated. We only spent one night here while passing through town but having stayed in hundreds of residence inns I can tell you this one is above average.

Room Tip: We weren't here long enough to get a good feel for the layout of the hotel in order for me to ma...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Staff provides the attention to detail to make stay restful and a pleasure. Traveling with a pet (a Beagle) is sometimes stressful when you aren't make to feel welcome. Sparkle, the agent at the front desk, was especially careful to see all our needs were met, even providing treats and a bowl for our dog. The grounds were beautiful and clean and adjacent to a lovely Veterans park that many families were enjoying, some with their dogs. The staff at the evening reception and breakfast were especially attentive. The hot food was plentiful and delicious. I think people at this hotel enjoy exceeding expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Switzerland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is centrally located close to the main roads, shopping malls and good restaurants.
Although it is very quiet!
The surroundings, the hotel and rooms are very clean and the interior and exterior design is very appealling.
Staff was always very friendly and helpful and there were always fresh towels.
The breakfast is free, so is the WIFI, and I enjoyed the opportunity for a grab before going out for business.
Definitely a place to stay when in Florence!

Room Tip: Any room is nice and quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our property. Reviews like yours are what keeps us going and also offers other travelers a snapshot about our facility and staff. I am so happy to hear that you found us to be clean and appealing. Also, that you truly enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and free WIFI. Finally, my favorite of your wonderful review, your compliment to our staff. I will certainley pass this review on and we hope to have you back with us soon. Thank you and safe travels!
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed October 9, 2013

As you never know what to expect when viewing pics of a hotel on line it's fair to say this experience was no different. Well based on a 60 day stay, I can HONESTLY say the pictures online are a spot on match as to what you're going to get. My overall experience was a pleasure, everyone was so nice and friendly from the Front Desk Clerks (Sparkle was my personal favorite) to the Housekeeping Staff. Although online it says housekeeping will pass by 3 days a week, they made their rounds daily. I always waked into a nice clean room with fresh linens. I left several personal things out such as (laptops, money, jewelry, etc.) and not a penny ever went missing. I can't emphasize enough the level of cleanliness and professionalism that's exemplified at this hotel. There was breakfast served daily and dinner served 2 nights a week, the lobbyarea had flat screen tvs with ample seating, as well as entrance/exit to the pool and jacuzzi. The laudry facility was rather reasonable as it was just $1 to wash and $1 to dry, laundry detergeant and fabric softner was provided complimentary of the hotel which could be obtained by going to the front desk.

This hotel was in a prime location. It's surrounded by ample restaurants and fast food places; it sits across the street from Magnolia Mall, Target, Home Depot, Movie Theater, and several other amenities.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay here again if ever in the Florence area.

Alana Woods - Room 303

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently heard about Residence Inn and had to TRY it! It looked amazing. The hotel is CLEAN and the breakfast had SO many choices! The workers were nice. The rooms were huge and everyone had enough space to not get into each other's way. It was SO nice we stayed in another Residence Inn on our drive back from Florida to NJ. After being in the van for 13 hours it was wonderful to stop and stay at the Residence Inn Florence SC. If you are looking for a hotel in South Carolina, choose this one!

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor. The view was pretty. Everytime we hit the hallways, there really wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane S
St. Louis
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed there last weekend. Room nice. Great flat screen TV. Wi-Fi works throughout hotel. Lobby area good for meeting fellow travelers. "Free" breakfast just OK. Staff helpful (and friendly). Close to Convention Center and Magnolia Mall.

Room Tip: Rooms on east end are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple