“Goes The Extra Mile”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Newport News, Virginia
“Goes The Extra Mile”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Staff provides the attention to detail to make stay restful and a pleasure. Traveling with a pet (a Beagle) is sometimes stressful when you aren't make to feel welcome. Sparkle, the agent at the front desk, was especially careful to see all our needs were met, even providing treats and a bowl for our dog. The grounds were beautiful and clean and adjacent to a lovely Veterans park that many families were enjoying, some with their dogs. The staff at the evening reception and breakfast were especially attentive. The hot food was plentiful and delicious. I think people at this hotel enjoy exceeding expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Switzerland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is centrally located close to the main roads, shopping malls and good restaurants.
Although it is very quiet!
The surroundings, the hotel and rooms are very clean and the interior and exterior design is very appealling.
Staff was always very friendly and helpful and there were always fresh towels.
The breakfast is free, so is the WIFI, and I enjoyed the opportunity for a grab before going out for business.
Definitely a place to stay when in Florence!

Room Tip: Any room is nice and quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our property. Reviews like yours are what keeps us going and also offers other travelers a snapshot about our facility and staff. I am so happy to hear that you found us to be clean and appealing. Also, that you truly enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and free WIFI. Finally, my favorite of your wonderful review, your compliment to our staff. I will certainley pass this review on and we hope to have you back with us soon. Thank you and safe travels!
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed October 9, 2013

As you never know what to expect when viewing pics of a hotel on line it's fair to say this experience was no different. Well based on a 60 day stay, I can HONESTLY say the pictures online are a spot on match as to what you're going to get. My overall experience was a pleasure, everyone was so nice and friendly from the Front Desk Clerks (Sparkle was my personal favorite) to the Housekeeping Staff. Although online it says housekeeping will pass by 3 days a week, they made their rounds daily. I always waked into a nice clean room with fresh linens. I left several personal things out such as (laptops, money, jewelry, etc.) and not a penny ever went missing. I can't emphasize enough the level of cleanliness and professionalism that's exemplified at this hotel. There was breakfast served daily and dinner served 2 nights a week, the lobbyarea had flat screen tvs with ample seating, as well as entrance/exit to the pool and jacuzzi. The laudry facility was rather reasonable as it was just $1 to wash and $1 to dry, laundry detergeant and fabric softner was provided complimentary of the hotel which could be obtained by going to the front desk.

This hotel was in a prime location. It's surrounded by ample restaurants and fast food places; it sits across the street from Magnolia Mall, Target, Home Depot, Movie Theater, and several other amenities.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay here again if ever in the Florence area.

Alana Woods - Room 303

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently heard about Residence Inn and had to TRY it! It looked amazing. The hotel is CLEAN and the breakfast had SO many choices! The workers were nice. The rooms were huge and everyone had enough space to not get into each other's way. It was SO nice we stayed in another Residence Inn on our drive back from Florida to NJ. After being in the van for 13 hours it was wonderful to stop and stay at the Residence Inn Florence SC. If you are looking for a hotel in South Carolina, choose this one!

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor. The view was pretty. Everytime we hit the hallways, there really wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane S
St. Louis
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed there last weekend. Room nice. Great flat screen TV. Wi-Fi works throughout hotel. Lobby area good for meeting fellow travelers. "Free" breakfast just OK. Staff helpful (and friendly). Close to Convention Center and Magnolia Mall.

Room Tip: Rooms on east end are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I arrived at the hotel around 3 am after a 12hr drive and was greeted by Angela. She was so vibrant and pleasant I knew I had made the right choice without ever seeing the room. She made sure we had no unmet needs before we went to the room. The room was exceptional. I had a great nights sleep. I placed the do not disturb sign on the door and was not disturbed to include no noise in the hall on a busy Monday morning. I left the room late afternoon and it was cleaned and ready when I came back late that night. Again Angela was there to greet me and insure I had no needs unmet. The breakfast was great and the staff just as cordial. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello, and thank you for sharing your kind thoughts about our property with others. I am so happy to hear you were pleased with your stay. We strive for complete guest satisfaction and we are always happy to hear when we succeed at doing so. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and for taking the time to post. I cannot wait to share your wonderful words with our staff!

Jennifer Mazzante
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great long stay property. Staff are awesome and property are comfortable. Facilities are designed to provide the business traveler with breakfast food options from healthy to hearty. The rooms allow for work and rest and the kitchen provides an outlet for meals if desired. Hospitality hours are twice a week and a nice greeting after a hard day at work. Thank you

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business