“Honest, sincere service!”

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were warmly welcomed at check in and the front desk person arranged a special room location to accommodate our dog. After checkout we realized we left a personal item of some value behind.
The staff when called days later immediately located the box and shipped to us overnight without any hesitation. The desk and housekeeping staff are great! We will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice Residence Inn.
This location is close to a lot of Restaurants and shopping. The staff is helpful and friendly. The hotel is well kept and clean inside and out. Nice home for the week.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've found over the years that Marriott's Residence Inns are a step up from an ordinary hotel room. When traveling, it's great to have a bit of extra elbow room. Residence Inn Florence was a great find in the "culture gap" between Savannah and Richmond on i-95. It was remodeled about 3 years ago to the latest Marriott standards of decor and functionality. Unfortunately, guests do take their toll on upholstery and kitchen cabinetry, but overall, the management and staff here stay on top of things.

A bonus is that the Courtyard by Marriott two doors down has a very nice bistro with Asian-inspired decor for light bites. We've found it more than satisfactory and a good option away from the chain restaurants that we avoid.

Personnel? The front desk was staffed by a gal names Sparkle (who lived up to her name in personality and helpfulness) and the charming, effective and professional, Mark.

In our trips from Boston to Miami, we stay at this Residence Inn along with 3 other excellent options - Residence Inn, Cranbury, NJ; Residence Inn, Chester, VA; and Residence Inn, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL. They make 300 mile long legs of trips much more than bearable.

Reserve ahead. Don't expect to walk in off the highway and get the best room in the house. (And join the Marriott Rewards program. We're Platinum members and enjoy the benefits.)

Room Tip: There is a new Veterans Park directly south of the property. Some upper floor rooms on this side of...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What an amazing experience. I have stayed in a great number of hotels and by
far this has been the best service I have ever received. Really it does not seem
like a service, you are treated like family. From the warm and smiling faces of
the front desk staff, the housekeeping staff that makes your room so clean and cozy,
to the cooks that make amazing breakfast and dinners. The rooms are spacious
and clean and I stress clean. They are pet friendly which is a huge plus. The
hotel is in a great location. Easy access off and on the interstate. Close to
restaurants and the mall. Truly a home away from home experience. Highly
recommend for anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in a 1br that was very reasonably priced. The location affords easy access to I-95. The area is a hotel row so it is not scenic but it is convenient to all area activities, food, etc.

Free WiFi. Free hot breakfast. And a early evening welcome hour with food that could easy count for dinner. The first night was italian and the second night "Backyard BBQ".

Service was very good. Nothing but good things to say. Would stay here again if visiting Florence or stopping for a night.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stated here for one night after a long morning/afternoon of driving. We stayed in a studio and our room was very clean and spacious. This seems to be a newer hotel.

The employees at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool was open and it was the perfect way to spend our afternoon after 8 hours in the car. The hotel provided a pretty good hot breakfast which we took advantage of before we left in the morning.

The hotel is located pretty close to I95 and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. We decided to check out a local brewery, Southern Hops, which was about 2 miles from the hotel. It had decent food and it was cool to check out a local spot instead of eating at a chain restaurant found in Anytown, USA.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My 2 year old and I stayed here a week and a half ago when traveling from Florida back home to Raleigh, NC. It had been a long day of car trouble with costly repairs, so there was no way we were going to make the drive home that day. Luckily enough, there was a Residence Inn in Florence, SC that had availability. I have stayed in many Residence Inns over the years (some for weeks at a time), and this one was the best yet. The lady whom I spoke with on the phone (Jennifer i think) and the lady who checked me in (Sparkle) were so sweet. They gave my son a train whistle too, which was AWESOME! My son and I took advantage of the included dinner that evening and breakfast in the morning. Both were top notch if you consider they are included in the cost of the room, and again, the restaurant staff/chef were very friendly and accommodating (thank you Charlene!). Also, a big hats off to my room attendant who brought up the pack and play for my son. Not only did you bring it....you set it up and put the bedding on it. Thank you Melinda! No one ever does it....they just drop the stuff and run. The room was very updated, super clean, and the bed was extra comfortable. If I ever need to stay in Florence again, I will not hesitate to stay here. I highly recommend it!