“Great Welcome and Great Rooms”

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed May 11, 2012

From the moment I checked in to my departure I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was clean. The free breakfast in the morning included hot choices and they had a good selection. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The hotel was walking distance to a Chili's and there was shopping close by. A great stay!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Florence

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed here on our way to Florida and were absolutely delighted with the hotel. It was clean and that is my number one priority. The staff was wonderful from the front desk clerk at check in to any other staff member we saw. The hotel was lovely and made us wish we were staying longer so we could enjoy the pool and the spacious room.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is tops. It is by far the best hotel in Florence - and I know - I've been to the other dumps. What a pleasure it was to stay in a modern and clean place where the staff is top notch.
Let me tell you about it. Well, it began with an online reservation and a request for no feathers
in the room and a first floor location. To my amazment, they actually listened !!! We arrived
on a Wednesday night while on the way to Florida. It happened to be free dinner and free wine
night. We particpated in the wine offering - twice - or was it three times? Anyway, a very nice
surprise. The room itself was large and modern. The bed may have been a tempurpedic or
something very similar. It was great. Breakfast the next day was plentiful. This hotel is two
minutes off I95 and yet all the way in the back of "hotel row"; making it very quiet. For those that
care to shop, there is a mall direclty across the street and many restaurants. One last thing -
the no smoking policy Marriott has is great - especially in a state where they still believe
it's ok to smoke in restaurants. All in all, this place rocks - did I mention the wine?

Room Tip: Just request it online. They listen.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roseboy
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Spent the night there on my way from Miami to NY. The hotel is 3 years old, and definitely shows as being very new. The inside and outside were quite nice, with the rooms in a highly contemorary motif. The kitchen was chock full of full sized appliances, the TV was a 50" LG flatscreen with actual HD programming (most hotels that provide flatscreens seem to forget to also provide HD programming - how idiotic). The fellow who checked us in upon arrival around 8:30 pm could not have had a better attitude or know how to service clients - and he was quite young. He was absolutely superb - don't lose him Residence Inn! He was extremly accomodating, and apologized profusely for not provoding a room on a highg floor, as my profile requests. I was actually very happy with the first floor room as my wife was with me and doesn't like to go to anything but ground floor rooms. The breakfast in the morning was one of the best I've ever had in a property that provide this as a courtesy - very comprehensive and actually GOOD coffee - how rare is that! This property is definitely a big hit in my book, and I plan on staying there again when I drive between NY & FL.

Room Tip: I was in room 104 - a very nice room and near the front office.
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had a pleasant experience for our one night stay. Upon checkin the man at the front desk directed my husband to nearby restaurants which we considered to be very thoughtful. The room was very nice and the continental breakfast was also. The hotel is close enough to the interstate to be convenient but far enough away that there is no traffic noise.There are several chain restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just stayed on our way down to Florida. I was super tired & cranky, but the front desk personnel was super helpful and friendly, even suggested where to get some dinner and my mood turned right around.. The rooms were clean and new. This is one of the higher priced Residence Inns, but worth every penny. Also there is a lot of new shopping around it. Try the Mellow Mushroom for interesting pizza across the main road.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I recently stayed here for 50+ days and couldn't be happier. This is where I will stay anytime I can when i'm in Florence. The front desk personnel couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Especially the night shift girl who I dealt with the most. My room was large and well equipped. The bed and linen were comfortable.
The only thing I could say negatively would be concerning breakfast. The food was pretty decent with a large variety however with the shift I and alot of others were working the the times breakfast was available was not convienent. Breakfast doesn't start until 630am and there were certain personnel who would get pretty testy if you tries to grab a yogurt or other "cold" item real quick between 6a-630a. Working all night you just want something quick and go to bed. If breakfast hours were say 6a to 9a it would have been awesome.

Room Tip: Call Samantha on nite shift!!! she can tell you..
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business