“Great last-minute stay”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
PA
“Great last-minute stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Traveling home from FL, we were grateful to call and get the last room available. We ended up with a suite, which was very nice. Of course the cost was more than we had intended, but we were grateful to get a room on such a busy night. The room was clean, although it did have sort of a musty smell when we walked in. The room had a VERY comfortable king size bed, and our children were comfortable on the pull-out couch. We were pleased with all the amenities. Two small things that may not be an issue for anyone else, but the drapes (we were on the parking lot and street side of the building) did not have a liner behind them to gently block the light. If the drapes were opened even a crack, it was very bright. Also, the bathroom door would not stay cracked. With two young children, we like to have a small light coming from the bathroom. So it was either all the way open and very bright or closed and dark. In spite of those minor things, we had a very restful night's sleep. The breakfast was wonderful. Lots of choices and items were replenished quickly. Overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We thank you for your recent review… comments such as yours are invaluable in helping us to recognize areas that need attention. While we always prefer to read about good experiences, there is an exception from time to time. We strive for excellence on a daily basis and want all of our guests to have the best stay possible & by making us aware of your experience, you have helped us to help our staff improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My kudos go out to the staff at the Florence, South Carolina Hampton Inn & Suites just off I-95. My husband and I stayed there on our trip south to Florida. We noted that the fragrance that is sprayed after cleaning was very strong in our room. I have sensitivities to smells so we asked for help. We were shown two other rooms - treated very professionally and kindly - and were helped to more out things into the least fragrant of the rooms.

We did find out that if you have issues with the fragrance they can put in an ionizer but you cannot be in the room when it is being used. So asked for it on check in.

Room Tip: If the fragrance used after cleaning the rooms bothers you alert the staff on checkin.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites-North for your recent trip to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Florence. We appreciate your recognition of our staff and I have been sure they are aware of your comments as well. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the future, please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Very clean. Wonderful staff. Updated rooms. Didn't use facilities but took a quick look and it was maintained well. Parking was plentiful... Got there very late and it wasn't over packed. The great room was nicely decorated and breakfast was nice. Best part that it's immediately off the interstate

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent review! We take pride in ensuring that our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay! We love hearing feedback from our guests and appreciate it very much. Hampton Inn & Suites-North has been the pioneer in the upgraded complimentary breakfast and continues to be an innovator in new and expanded choices. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that the next time you find yourself in Florence, SC that we will be able to serve you again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hotel very close to i95, a welcome stop on a very long drive from south Florida to Maryland on Xmas eve.
Everything was clean, neat, staff very polite, could not be any more convenient and comfortable.with
Many dining choices within 1/2 a mile radius, not to mention a nice free breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accommodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed here last year in our way down to Florida, and were so pleased that we stayed here again on December 23rd. We were not disappointed. Clean, modern, nice size rooms and a very accommodating staff. If you are in the Florence, SC area seriously consider Comfort Suites.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope to be able to serve your future lodging needs when you are in the Florence, SC area again.
GREENSBORO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My stay @ the Hampton in Florence, SC was nothing but Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, the Facility, Staff & Room. I would "Highly Recommend" the Hampton to everyone that I know. I slept comfortably, the breakfast was fresh, and accommodating. I wish I had more time to enjoy the exercise room, swimming and window shop at all of the convenient locations in the area. I am from NC and attended a Business Meeting in SC, and the Hampton was convenient for me and the location of the meeting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation and your pleasant words about our property. Positive word of mouth is incredibly important in the hospitality industry, and we are very thankful that you have chosen to share your experience with Trip Advisor users. I'm glad you had an exceptional stay at our property! Customer service is one of our greatest priorities as we; at Hampton Inn & Suites-North strive for excellence on a daily basis. Thanks again for your review!
New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel served its' purpose on our trip. We got in late on our trip from Florida to the Northeast and it was easy, quiet and convenient. The breakfast is a nice touch as well. I find Hampton Inns to be one of the most consistent brands around from one location to the next. There are very few surprises.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank you for your most recent review. All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North, take great pride in our southern hospitality and unique charm of our hotel and especially ensuring that all of our guests leave here 100% satisfied each and every time. We look forward to your next trip to Florence, SC and if we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.