“Nice motel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Nice motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoyed staying here. It is right off the interstate, close to restaurants and shopping, but away from road far enough so traffic noise was a minimal. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor close to the lobby. Would probably request something further down the h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that the staff provided exceptional service. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again on your next visit to Florence, SC!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Rocky Point, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very Clean and accomodating for a child...easy on and off location as you travel to Florida!!! Comfortable bed, room was very cool, although the shower head could use an update. The staff was very friendly and able to answer any questions about the area...just beware that the rates go up if a race is going on!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay; however, we do apologize for the inconvenience of the shower head & please know that your concerns are our concerns. We value you as a guest and hope to serve your future lodging needs.
Vineland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Have stayed here other times. The overall quality has remained the same. A good experience, and one that we will remember for future trips in that area in particular. This is a standard that Hampton Inn has upheld in all their establishments.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accommodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was traveling long distance (FL-NY) booked on line w/ cc. When we got there we asked about AAA discount and they gave it to us as I had forgotten to add that when booking. Was very well lit parking area and a hotel security guard making rounds. Felt a sense of relief as we had many valuables in our car. Room was clean etc... would def. stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to hosting your next stay with us real soon.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I mean it when I said it was the best. I stayed in three Hamptons in the past two months. This was the best: 1. clean. All Hamptons are clean but this is the only who put a hand sanitizing station in front of the breakfast area, right before you enter the food serving tables. Finally a hotel who did the right thing! 2. Big room. Yes, the size was double the one in Austin, TX and Oxford, GA. What a place to relax after a 11 hours drive! 3. The lay out was very upscale and the decoration was tasteful. From entrance to hotel room to fitness center to pool to meeting rooms even to public bathroom, everything was in the right place. Casual but elegance and comfortable. Give me a feeling of very expensive hotel but not trying to show off 'money'. This was my first SC visit and I just passed by one night, a resting place for my still very long driving trip. But the place was so comfy, the people were so nice. I wanted to come back to make a 'real' visit!
Breakfast was tasty and fresh. Fresh fruit and good tea selection were my favorite. Not huge food selection but they did it right: always refill with fresh quality stuffs. For hotel this class, Hampton is a winner.
Thus this Hampton suffer from the same problem I encounter with other Hamptons and many hotels in this class: 1. low water pressure. I needed a good strong flow of water to wash away all fatigue from the traveling. It is just an easy fix. Please install shower head made for low water pressure. I had it at my NJ home for the past 14 years. They made it even better now. Save water and make people happy; 2. Shower head too high to reach. Why I needed to reach the shower head? To turn it to the strongest setting. I am 5 feet. Only reach the tip of the head even extend my arm to the fullest. Water flow was even slower when the water came down from that high. I am seriously consider asking for a handicap room next time just for the show head that I can reach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a good experience and enjoyed the hotel. An enthusiastic trip advisor review is the best compliment we can get. We would also like to apologize for the water pressure issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that your concerns are our concerns and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here one weekend in mid-August with my husband and 10 year old son. We were visiting family in Sumter but because of the poor reviews, we decided to not stay in Sumter. This is definitely one of the nicest Hampton Inns I've stayed in (and I'm a frequent Hampton Inn/Hilton hotels guest). The hotel and our room was very clean. The font desk employees were very pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
If it is one thing we pride ourselves on, it's our top notch staff! We are so thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again real soon. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We drove 13 hrs from eastern Long Island and were very tired and hungry. We stayed last night in the hotel and we received what was expected. I read reviews all the time and sometimes you can't make your decision off the reviews as some people are picky to a fault. This hotel was clean. The staff was friendly. Our room was basic 2 queen bedroom, mini fridge, microwave and full bath. The beds and pillows were really comfy, not hard. It was quiet. I didn't hear toilets flushing from another room or water running. The breakfast was the norm for a free continental breakfast. Waffles, eggs, potatoes, cereals, etc. fresh coffee round the clock. We didn't get any free cookies as they were all out (we arrived at 7pm & kept looking for those cookies but they were never refilled). This is our 2nd consecutive stay in Florence as we drive down yearly to Orlando. We paid $119 w/tax at AAA rate over Labor Day weekend. Didn't try or even see the indoor pool. Based off our 1 night stay I recommend this hotel & will come back. Only negative thing is the room had a musty smell from the AC I guess, which gave me a slight headache. Nothing is perfect. Overall it was good. The comfort suites next door is also very nice as I stayed there last year. Larger room for a couple of bucks more.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with Trip Advisor. We are grateful and thankful for your response, we are so proud of our team, they are the main reason for the magnificent rating and our guest’s return visits. We are humbled by the tremendous outstanding responses ““Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.” My team and I are ready to do whatever it takes to be sure our guests have the most wonderful experience at our hotel. We rarely receive a comment card or comments in Trip Advisor that do not mention the team and how special they are. This is always shared with my team since the compliments like yours are what inspires us. Thank you for your feedback.