“Great place to stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was traveling long distance (FL-NY) booked on line w/ cc. When we got there we asked about AAA discount and they gave it to us as I had forgotten to add that when booking. Was very well lit parking area and a hotel security guard making rounds. Felt a sense of relief as we had many valuables in our car. Room was clean etc... would def. stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to hosting your next stay with us real soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I mean it when I said it was the best. I stayed in three Hamptons in the past two months. This was the best: 1. clean. All Hamptons are clean but this is the only who put a hand sanitizing station in front of the breakfast area, right before you enter the food serving tables. Finally a hotel who did the right thing! 2. Big room. Yes, the size was double the one in Austin, TX and Oxford, GA. What a place to relax after a 11 hours drive! 3. The lay out was very upscale and the decoration was tasteful. From entrance to hotel room to fitness center to pool to meeting rooms even to public bathroom, everything was in the right place. Casual but elegance and comfortable. Give me a feeling of very expensive hotel but not trying to show off 'money'. This was my first SC visit and I just passed by one night, a resting place for my still very long driving trip. But the place was so comfy, the people were so nice. I wanted to come back to make a 'real' visit!
Breakfast was tasty and fresh. Fresh fruit and good tea selection were my favorite. Not huge food selection but they did it right: always refill with fresh quality stuffs. For hotel this class, Hampton is a winner.
Thus this Hampton suffer from the same problem I encounter with other Hamptons and many hotels in this class: 1. low water pressure. I needed a good strong flow of water to wash away all fatigue from the traveling. It is just an easy fix. Please install shower head made for low water pressure. I had it at my NJ home for the past 14 years. They made it even better now. Save water and make people happy; 2. Shower head too high to reach. Why I needed to reach the shower head? To turn it to the strongest setting. I am 5 feet. Only reach the tip of the head even extend my arm to the fullest. Water flow was even slower when the water came down from that high. I am seriously consider asking for a handicap room next time just for the show head that I can reach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a good experience and enjoyed the hotel. An enthusiastic trip advisor review is the best compliment we can get. We would also like to apologize for the water pressure issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that your concerns are our concerns and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here one weekend in mid-August with my husband and 10 year old son. We were visiting family in Sumter but because of the poor reviews, we decided to not stay in Sumter. This is definitely one of the nicest Hampton Inns I've stayed in (and I'm a frequent Hampton Inn/Hilton hotels guest). The hotel and our room was very clean. The font desk employees were very pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

If it is one thing we pride ourselves on, it's our top notch staff! We are so thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again real soon. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We drove 13 hrs from eastern Long Island and were very tired and hungry. We stayed last night in the hotel and we received what was expected. I read reviews all the time and sometimes you can't make your decision off the reviews as some people are picky to a fault. This hotel was clean. The staff was friendly. Our room was basic 2 queen bedroom, mini fridge, microwave and full bath. The beds and pillows were really comfy, not hard. It was quiet. I didn't hear toilets flushing from another room or water running. The breakfast was the norm for a free continental breakfast. Waffles, eggs, potatoes, cereals, etc. fresh coffee round the clock. We didn't get any free cookies as they were all out (we arrived at 7pm & kept looking for those cookies but they were never refilled). This is our 2nd consecutive stay in Florence as we drive down yearly to Orlando. We paid $119 w/tax at AAA rate over Labor Day weekend. Didn't try or even see the indoor pool. Based off our 1 night stay I recommend this hotel & will come back. Only negative thing is the room had a musty smell from the AC I guess, which gave me a slight headache. Nothing is perfect. Overall it was good. The comfort suites next door is also very nice as I stayed there last year. Larger room for a couple of bucks more.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with Trip Advisor. We are grateful and thankful for your response, we are so proud of our team, they are the main reason for the magnificent rating and our guest’s return visits. We are humbled by the tremendous outstanding responses ““Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.” My team and I are ready to do whatever it takes to be sure our guests have the most wonderful experience at our hotel. We rarely receive a comment card or comments in Trip Advisor that do not mention the team and how special they are. This is always shared with my team since the compliments like yours are what inspires us. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is without a doubt, one of the nicest, cleanest and best operated Hampton Inns I have ever stayed at. All the staff, especially a Ms. Terry Bess were very gracious and hospitable. I will stay there every chance I get.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your thoughtful words! Terry has been one of our shining stars and we are very happy to have her as part of our team.! All of the staff are truly marvelous and and I am happy to hear that they provided extraordinary service. I appreciate your kind words about your overall experience. Our mission is to consistently provide superior customer service and ensure that each guest has an experience, not just a stay. It was an absolute pleasure of ours and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks again and we hope to serve your future lodging needs.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I arrived late and left early, but hotel is very nice and clean. Had a good nights sleep, complimentary breakfast and on the road early. This Hotel was recommended by a friend. It did not disappoint. My son was worried about security because all of his belongings were in the car. Once he saw the parking lot was well lit and they had security, he felt better and we did not have any issues.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank you for your most recent review. All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North, take great pride in our southern hospitality and unique charm of our hotel and especially ensuring that all of our guests leave here 100% satisfied each and every time. We look forward to your next trip to Florence, SC and if we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were on a family trip to Disney World with a Stop in Jacksonville, Fl. We scheduled the stop in Florence at the halfway point of going to Jacksonville, FL. The ease of getting to the hotel from 95 and the enjoyable stay convenienced us to stop on the return trip home. We actually arrived an hour before checkin and the staff allowed the grandchildren to swim in the pool until the appointed checkin time. This was very helpful and refreshing.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accommodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!