“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Tampa, Florida
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is one of the newest hotels in Florence, and offers a very nice place to stay with nice amenities usually found only in more expensive chains, such as fresh cookies on check in, and fresh fruit anytime. The rooms were comfortable, the breakfast was very good, and the internet was free and fast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank you for your most recent review. All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North, take great pride in our southern hospitality and unique charm of our hotel and especially ensuring that all of our guests leave here 100% satisfied each and every time. We look forward to your next trip to Florence, SC and if we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall appearance and cleanliness was as usual. Hampton does a great job. My concern is that check in was to long and under staffed. There were at least 7 people in line to check inn and the desk manager/clerk was trying ti sign a senior adult couple up for Hilton Honors rewards. Now there is nothihg wrong with that, but NOT when you have custiners waiting to check in... Do it later!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests-including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I truly apologize that you had to wait a long time during your check-in. I can assure you that is is very rare for us to have such delayed check-ins, however; I can very much empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration.
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We recently drove from Florida to Virginia and stayed here. It is a new property. Very clean and nice. It has great facilities. I highly recommend it as a good road hotel. The only complaint that I had was breakfast was disorganized.

• Stayed March 2013
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay, We do, however, apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you with the breakfast issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope we can serve your future lodging needs.
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We mostly use Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn when on the road. Wish HGI had free breakfast like Hampton. This Hampton in Florence, SC is a good one, with reasonable rates, good breakfast, and helpful staff. We have stayed here on several trips to and from Florida and have never had a problem. Our reservations were always honored. Last time, the motel was fully booked but our room was ready and waiting. Only problem was that their free cookies were all gone when we got there. Seems it was Spring Break, and college-age youngsters can really devour them.

Room Tip: We find little to complain about at Hampton Inns. Accommodations are comfortable. "Free" b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your most recent review! We take pride in ensuring that our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay! We love hearing feedback from our guests and appreciate it very much. Hampton Inn & Suites-North has been the pioneer in the upgraded complimentary breakfast and continues to be an innovator in new and expanded choices. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that the next time you find yourself in Florence, SC that we will be able to serve you again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I can not believe there can be smoking allowed in the halls on the 3rd floor and the rooms are non smoking. I have trouble breathing in a smoked filled room and requested a smoke free room that is free from pet dander. I got off the elevator and the air reeked of cigarette smoke and yet all the rooms are marked non smoking! I went down to the front desk and told them the 3rd floor reeked of smoke and the clerk told me it is a smoking hallway. Now when you request a nonsmoking room don't forget to ask if people can smoke right outside your door! Of course the smoke is now inside my nonsmoking room. This is crazy!!!! I will never stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Our goal is to provide superior service, accommodations, and your comments are very important to us. Our property is 100% non-smoking and we do not allow smoking in the hallways nor the rooms; however, we do know that not everyone plays by the rules. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the feedback we received and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you again for your comments.

Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family and I are driving back from Florida to our home up north. We had decided to drive as far as we could until we were fed up and here we are! (I am writing this from the room) our King suite is perfect for two adults and two teens. The staff is professional and very kind. I was quite happy with the fact that we called about 45 minutes from the hotel and they immediately made the reservation, no questions asked. Our King Suite is clean and spacious. The pool area is wonderful to relax in after driving 8 hours (we normally fly so this was a taxing experience for the kids,) and the exercise room, though I haven't used it, looks prime. Over all we are very satisfied.

Room Tip: Great Location: right off exit 164 on I-95
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for your recent review and recognition of our property and staff. We strive to ensure each and every guest is provided the best possible experience and it appears our efforts were successful during your visit. It is rewarding to hear we made “such a positive impression” as Florence is full of options for lodging and this is a fantastic nod to our dedicated team of professionals.
Best Wishes and we look forward to assisting you on your next visitt to Florence.
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel seemed clean, safe, child-friendly. Polite staff. Indoor pool and decent, full breakfast were key on long drive. Among the area, off-ramp hotels this may be the best. Obviously, highway hotels can change quite a bit over time so look at more recent reviews. However as of this date, this hotel was a good bet.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time post your review. We really appreciate that our guests take the time to share this feedback with us. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and found your room to be "comfortable and clean". Again, thank you for your review. We hope to serve you again.