“Smoking allowed on 3rd floor halls”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Smoking allowed on 3rd floor halls”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I can not believe there can be smoking allowed in the halls on the 3rd floor and the rooms are non smoking. I have trouble breathing in a smoked filled room and requested a smoke free room that is free from pet dander. I got off the elevator and the air reeked of cigarette smoke and yet all the rooms are marked non smoking! I went down to the front desk and told them the 3rd floor reeked of smoke and the clerk told me it is a smoking hallway. Now when you request a nonsmoking room don't forget to ask if people can smoke right outside your door! Of course the smoke is now inside my nonsmoking room. This is crazy!!!! I will never stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Our goal is to provide superior service, accommodations, and your comments are very important to us. Our property is 100% non-smoking and we do not allow smoking in the hallways nor the rooms; however, we do know that not everyone plays by the rules. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the feedback we received and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family and I are driving back from Florida to our home up north. We had decided to drive as far as we could until we were fed up and here we are! (I am writing this from the room) our King suite is perfect for two adults and two teens. The staff is professional and very kind. I was quite happy with the fact that we called about 45 minutes from the hotel and they immediately made the reservation, no questions asked. Our King Suite is clean and spacious. The pool area is wonderful to relax in after driving 8 hours (we normally fly so this was a taxing experience for the kids,) and the exercise room, though I haven't used it, looks prime. Over all we are very satisfied.

Room Tip: Great Location: right off exit 164 on I-95
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for your recent review and recognition of our property and staff. We strive to ensure each and every guest is provided the best possible experience and it appears our efforts were successful during your visit. It is rewarding to hear we made “such a positive impression” as Florence is full of options for lodging and this is a fantastic nod to our dedicated team of professionals.
Best Wishes and we look forward to assisting you on your next visitt to Florence.
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel seemed clean, safe, child-friendly. Polite staff. Indoor pool and decent, full breakfast were key on long drive. Among the area, off-ramp hotels this may be the best. Obviously, highway hotels can change quite a bit over time so look at more recent reviews. However as of this date, this hotel was a good bet.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time post your review. We really appreciate that our guests take the time to share this feedback with us. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and found your room to be "comfortable and clean". Again, thank you for your review. We hope to serve you again.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We originally chose this hotel because it was easy on, easy off 95... Boy were we pleasantly surprised. We stay in a king suite, and the experience was the best ever. Hotel is quiet, room was spacious and immaculate, and the bed was absolute heaven! Food and shopping were a short distance away. Breakfast was more than just coffee and Danish, there was hot breakfast as well. This hotel will definitely be our Connecticut to Florida stopping point!,

Room Tip: The king suite room was spacious and very well appointed. I could have stayed an entire week very c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a good experience and enjoyed the hotel. An enthusiastic trip advisor review is the best compliment we can get. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant front desk staff, fast and efficient check-in, clean & fresh smelling room, comfortable bed, flat screen tv....all the usual amenities and nice breakfast area. Thank you, Hampton inn for a good overnight stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Our team always loves to hear that the experience they provide for our guests is "efficient." It's a fast-paced world out there, and we know that when you get to town you have places to go and things to do! Thank you for your kind words regarding the service and the cleanliness of our accommodations that our team strives to offer. Please be our guest on your return visit to Florence!
Warner Robins
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great Hampton Inn & Suites stay! Just one block from I-95, Florence, SC and three miles from the I-20 interchange that leads to Columbia, Augusta and Atlanta, GA. There are several food and gas locations around the hotel. I prefer this Hampton over the I-20 one three miles away. That location has a mall and several chain food places, but traffic can be a problem. Back to the Florence Hampton.... Very friendly staff, the rooms looked new and were nicely appointed. Nice spacious lobby and good hot breakfast. The king bed was comfortable and the 37" TV more than adequate for viewing. Good wireless high speed access too. Typical room with coffee maker, microwave, fridge and safe. There's also an indoor pool. For my money, this is where I stay when running up and down I-95.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North. My team & I want to thank you for choosing our hotel while your plans brought you to Florence, SC. But mostly I want to thank you for giving us a 5 Star rating. We always strive for this perfect score and when we receive one it is a cause for celebration for us because we know we have met all of your expectations. Thanks once again & I will pass your nice comments on to my team,
Highland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Florence was half-way on our travels from FL to NJ; Trip Advisor said good things about Hampton Inn & Suites and, boy, were they right-on. CLEAN! Comfortable bed.Quiet, even though there was a youth baseball team right down the hall. Breakfast more than adequate and young lady kept everything clean. Fireplace added to nice atmosphere of dining room. Didn't have time for the pool, but will next time cause it looked great. I especially appreciated the commitment to environment. All hotels need to do the same.

Room Tip: Heard man in elevator say trains kept him awake, but we never heard a thing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accommodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!