“a great location and great staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Hampton Inn has been a great stop for us on the way to Florida. It is an easy on/off from I95 and the staff is wonderful and welcoming. We have stayed here three times now and will definitely do so on future trips to Florida.

Room Tip: call ahead for the best choice
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves with “southern hospitality” and try to make a point of touching each guest with a fond and memorable experience. We look forward to hosting your hospitality needs in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel on our way back from Florida. It is great to walk in the door of a hotel and not wonder if it is going to be clean. We find Hampton Inns clean and attractive wherever we travel. This one was no exception. We like that the comforters on the beds are washed after each visitor. They have a nice assortment of pillows on each bed. And the beds were QUEEN size. So glad to see that. It can be tough to find queen bedded rooms so we were so glad this hotel has not gone to the double size (many Hampton Inns have). We are a family of 3 or 4 people when we travel so double beds just do not work. The breakfast had many items to chose from and there was plenty of coffee. There is also a nice indoor pool and exercise room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to hosting your next stay with us real soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in the Hampton inn chain. we arrived after making online reservations only to find out that we booked in the other Hampton inn a couple miles away. The manager was nice and was able to switch our reservations to this Hotel. Everything was clean, breakfast was of course exceptional. The only negative is when we had the AC on a smell came out into the room like it was sprayed with an air freshener or something. After about ten minutes it stopped. Good Refrig, and TV.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a good experience and enjoyed the hotel. An enthusiastic trip advisor review is the best compliment we can get; however, I do thank you for bringing the room smell to our attention as we will look into ways to improve in this area and want you to know that we value you as a guest & your concerns are our concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope you have a great week:)

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was my first stay in Florence. I chose this hotel due to easy access to I-95, plus it looked new and I stay in a lot of HI's traveling on business. This is a newer property, well-furnished and equipped for the price point. Staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be (arrived late evening and only non-smoking room available was right across from elevator bay--noise was not an issue, though).

Pretty usual HI breakfast fare. Link sausage slices were good, fruit was fresh and coffee was good--regular and robust roasts.

I didn't use the exercise room this trip, but it looked well-appointed, with two treadmills, elliptical, recumbent bike and dumbells. There is some road around that is lightly traveled enough in the morning to put in a little run. Pool was a little small but was indoor and had hot tub.

Rooms and bathrooms were clean, and appointed with fridge, microwave and flatscreen TV. Good wi-fi access and speed. I would definitely stay here again if business brings me back to Florence.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank you for your most recent review. All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North, take great pride in our southern hospitality and unique charm of our hotel and especially ensuring that all of our guests leave here 100% satisfied each and every time. We look forward to your next trip to Florence, SC and if we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

near the pool area terry bess, hotel sales director overheard my mom and sis gushing about how well maintained and comfortable the hotel was and also, the nice staff.

she then stopped by our breakfast table to thank them. at that moment they were telling me how wonderful the staff was, etc... it was a hampton inn love-fest that i was sure to promote here.

we drove an extra hour to florence to stay here because another of their properties closer to where we were received only 3 stars!!! tack on the extra hour, well worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Terry Bess know of your feedback. Furthermore, we are pleased that you found the hotel services to your liking. We are also very proud of our entire as they exemplify “southern hospitality”. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The best stay in a transit hotel ever great rates for the stellar accommodations ,cleanest great free breakFast the mgt should give lessons to the other Hamptons , good recommendation for dinner,Fatz Cafe across the street and cheap gas at aPilot station, they also had free snacks and a pay pantry ,thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! I always enjoy receiving guest feedback, and it's comments like yours that are rewarding for both the staff and myself. Everyone on the team appreciates the pat on the back and we hope you will spread the word about our hotel. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Florence, SC!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We decided to try this hotel because of the good reviews here. We booked a night to take a break from driving on our way down to Florida. We also booked one night for our return trip home to NY. We stayed on 12/21/12 & 12/28/12.

It was our first stay at this hotel and any Hampton Inn. On the 21st we arrived late (after 11pm) and our request for a room in the back of the hotel was granted. Because it was so late & we had our kids with us, we headed straight to our room & didn't check out the lobby. The check in was quick & smooth. Once at our room, we were so happy! It was spotless! And I'm the type of person that checks every crevis of a hotel for cleanliness. We are a very picky family that likes clean, modern, and updated amenities and we got that at this hotel. The beds were so comfortable! The water pressure in the shower was perfect too! I really can't say enough good things about the room! It was fantastic! We were up early the next morning to cotinue our drive & I remembered they offered a free buffet breakfast. I didn't expect much, but we were pleasantly surprised! They had everything! Juices, coffee, tea, fruit, cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, english muffins, make your own waffles, french toast sticks, bacon, sausage. For the price I paid ($133) I felt I paid so little for such a great hotel & breakfast! The lobby & eating area were clean & beautifully decorated for the holiday! The staff was quick to clean tables, replenish items at the buffett and offer any help you would need!

After we left and were on the road for about an hour I realized I left a charger for one of our phones in the room! I called the hotel directly & the receptionist said she would have someone check for it & hold it for us for when we returned on the 28th. I have to admit, I thought we would never see it again. When we arrived on the 28th to check in, they handed us the charger!! I was floored! The room we got was great too, but the bathroom wasn't as clean as our first room (some hairs left near the bathtub, some of the grout not so clean) but I overlooked it. Everything else was perfect & the breakfast the next morning was great & had some different offerings. Instead of the french toast sticks they had eggs.

We had a wonderful experience here. The hotel was easy to find, in great shape, had a wonderful staff as well. We never did hear a train on either stay. Oh, one more thing. The parking area is well lit and secrity was visible. We were nervous leaving some things in our car but noticed other cars with Xmas presents visiblly left in cars! No reason to worry, because security there was great! We felt very safe. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

1  Thank DisneyLover22
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North. My team & I want to thank you for choosing our hotel while your plans brought you to Florence, SC. But mostly I want to thank you for giving us a 5 Star rating. We always strive for this perfect score and when we receive one it is a cause for celebration for us because we know we have met all of your expectations. Thanks once again & I will pass your nice comments on to my team,