“drove an extra hour to stay here...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
new york, ny
“drove an extra hour to stay here...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

near the pool area terry bess, hotel sales director overheard my mom and sis gushing about how well maintained and comfortable the hotel was and also, the nice staff.

she then stopped by our breakfast table to thank them. at that moment they were telling me how wonderful the staff was, etc... it was a hampton inn love-fest that i was sure to promote here.

we drove an extra hour to florence to stay here because another of their properties closer to where we were received only 3 stars!!! tack on the extra hour, well worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Terry Bess know of your feedback. Furthermore, we are pleased that you found the hotel services to your liking. We are also very proud of our entire as they exemplify “southern hospitality”. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
trenton,nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The best stay in a transit hotel ever great rates for the stellar accommodations ,cleanest great free breakFast the mgt should give lessons to the other Hamptons , good recommendation for dinner,Fatz Cafe across the street and cheap gas at aPilot station, they also had free snacks and a pay pantry ,thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review! I always enjoy receiving guest feedback, and it's comments like yours that are rewarding for both the staff and myself. Everyone on the team appreciates the pat on the back and we hope you will spread the word about our hotel. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Florence, SC!
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We decided to try this hotel because of the good reviews here. We booked a night to take a break from driving on our way down to Florida. We also booked one night for our return trip home to NY. We stayed on 12/21/12 & 12/28/12.

It was our first stay at this hotel and any Hampton Inn. On the 21st we arrived late (after 11pm) and our request for a room in the back of the hotel was granted. Because it was so late & we had our kids with us, we headed straight to our room & didn't check out the lobby. The check in was quick & smooth. Once at our room, we were so happy! It was spotless! And I'm the type of person that checks every crevis of a hotel for cleanliness. We are a very picky family that likes clean, modern, and updated amenities and we got that at this hotel. The beds were so comfortable! The water pressure in the shower was perfect too! I really can't say enough good things about the room! It was fantastic! We were up early the next morning to cotinue our drive & I remembered they offered a free buffet breakfast. I didn't expect much, but we were pleasantly surprised! They had everything! Juices, coffee, tea, fruit, cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, english muffins, make your own waffles, french toast sticks, bacon, sausage. For the price I paid ($133) I felt I paid so little for such a great hotel & breakfast! The lobby & eating area were clean & beautifully decorated for the holiday! The staff was quick to clean tables, replenish items at the buffett and offer any help you would need!

After we left and were on the road for about an hour I realized I left a charger for one of our phones in the room! I called the hotel directly & the receptionist said she would have someone check for it & hold it for us for when we returned on the 28th. I have to admit, I thought we would never see it again. When we arrived on the 28th to check in, they handed us the charger!! I was floored! The room we got was great too, but the bathroom wasn't as clean as our first room (some hairs left near the bathtub, some of the grout not so clean) but I overlooked it. Everything else was perfect & the breakfast the next morning was great & had some different offerings. Instead of the french toast sticks they had eggs.

We had a wonderful experience here. The hotel was easy to find, in great shape, had a wonderful staff as well. We never did hear a train on either stay. Oh, one more thing. The parking area is well lit and secrity was visible. We were nervous leaving some things in our car but noticed other cars with Xmas presents visiblly left in cars! No reason to worry, because security there was great! We felt very safe. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DisneyLover22
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North. My team & I want to thank you for choosing our hotel while your plans brought you to Florence, SC. But mostly I want to thank you for giving us a 5 Star rating. We always strive for this perfect score and when we receive one it is a cause for celebration for us because we know we have met all of your expectations. Thanks once again & I will pass your nice comments on to my team,
Oxford, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas and it felt more like home than hotel. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean and well-kept. The breakfast was exceptional as it had many, many choices; and the kitchen staff kept it well-stocked and clean throughout the morning. We enjoyed our stay very much, and would recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in Florence.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accommodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We always stay at Hampton Inn and this is the best one everrrrrr! If you need to stop somewhere in SC, you won't be sorry. It was so quiet, we thought we were there alone. The place looks like it just opened, it is so beautiful and well-kept. The free breakfast was wonderful. The staff is excellent and treat you like you're a v.i.p.

Room Tip: any room would be fine.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves with “southern hospitality” and try to make a point of touching each guest with a fond and memorable experience. We look forward to hosting your hospitality needs in the future.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very pleasantly surprised by the the niceness of this hotel. The rooms were large, clean, bathrooms were recently updated, beds comfortable. The breakfast room is large, but felt cozy and was really well decorated. The hotel reminded me more of a 4 star destination place, than a roadside hotel for weary travelers. One final appreciated feature is that fresh coffee stations were conveniently located at several spots, including right by the door on your way out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that the staff provided exceptional service. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again on your next visit to Florence, SC!
Trinity Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for a rest on a 17 hr drive. Nice hotel , nice staff. Room smelled little strange like maybe someone had an animal in there before. We only stopped for a short sleep so we didn't make a big deal of it. Train blew by an it was loud! Thank god there was only one. Other then that it was a ok place

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for your recent review… comments such as yours are invaluable in helping us to recognize areas that need attention. While we always prefer to read about good experiences, there is an exception from time to time. I do apologize for strange smell in the room and have took measures to ensure this does not happen again. This is not the type of service and experience we strive to provide our guests. I am sorry the train caused a disturbance and my only hope is that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.