“Excellent stay; kids loved the indoor, heated pool.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Excellent stay; kids loved the indoor, heated pool.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night on our way down to Florida and 1 night on the way back. Excellent stay both times. Kids loved the indoor heated pool and it's open from early AM until late evening. Very clean rooms, comfy beds. Only 1 complaint: on the first night, a freight train went by around 9pm. Very loud...the tracks are right behind the hotel. Our kids, including my 3yo light sleeper, slept through it so not a problem for us. But good to know.

• Stayed November 2012
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer; however, I do apologize for the train disturbing your sleep while visiting our property. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Chicago
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Arrived after midnight, due to flight delays. Front staff was exceptional and had me in my room in under 5 minutes. Room was comfortable, clean, and the correct temperature which in many southern hotels is not the norm. Usually freezing.

Wake up call, as well as a follow up call 15 minutes later was appreciated. Breakfast was what I expect from the Hampton chain. Enough health food to help keep me away from the donuts!

Would stay again and recommend to friends and associates.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your most recent review! We take pride in ensuring that our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay! We love hearing feedback from our guests and appreciate it very much. Hampton Inn & Suites-North has been the pioneer in the upgraded complimentary breakfast and continues to be an innovator in new and expanded choices. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that the next time you find yourself in Florence, SC that we will be able to serve you again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for business and had a great experience. The hotel and rooms are nice and kept very clean. The staff and is helpful and very friendly (prime examples of the “Southern Hospitality” that the south is known for). I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in Florence area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

good I-95 stop southbound home to Florida ...

had a very large king suite on the 5th floor, back of hotel - huge room, very quiet

hotel is very clean

staff is very responsive to requests - had a bad clock radio, was replaced in ten minutes

asked for a take-out menu ... clerk gave me one for China Wok - this place had great food, was inexpensive and delivered quickly - great choice if you like take out chinese after a long drive south - see my yelp review for that place

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back of the hotel - there are active railroad tracks in the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your recommendation and your pleasant words about our property. Positive word of mouth is incredibly important in the hospitality industry, and we are very thankful that you have chosen to share your experience with TripAdvisor users. I'm glad you had an exceptional stay at our property! Customer service is one of our greatest priorities and I will be sure to share this with the entire staff. Thanks again for your review!
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Perfectly clean, updated and friendly. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable nice safe stopping point along I-95. Front desk staff were superb and welcoming to us after a very long day of traveling. The indoor pool was by far one of the best we've used in years.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our hotel with TripAdvisor. I am grateful for your wonderful response. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with our team, and felt welcomed. We are thankful for your feedback, we strive to ensure our guests feel right at home with us and we are so glad you found our team, service and rooms to be accommodating. I hope you will continue to allow my colleagues and I the opportunity to create an indelible memory for you in the future. We really appreciate all the nice comments and will be sure to share this with entire staff. “Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer”. The team at this hotel has the most wonderful attitude and commitment to excellence, thank you for noticing their efforts. We looking forward to your arrival, have great week.
Southington, Connecticut
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here by for the first time on our trip south. We usually stay at the Florence Hampton or HGI over by the Civic Center. This looks to be a newer property and is an easy in and out location just off I-95. Our room was very clean, bed was good and the lobby and dining areas were spotless. This was a great stop. We will be making this a regular stop. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobHebee
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accomodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I found this Hampton Inn & Suites to be very worthy of it's # 1 TA ranking....friendly and professional management and staff, outstanding amenities, and squeeky clean. The rooms are quite large and very comfortable.....this is a very large and spacious hotel and nicer than most full service hotels. Keep it the good work HI&S !

• Stayed October 2012
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the room size and its amenities to your liking. If it is one thing we pride ourselves on, it's our top notch staff! We are so thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again real soon. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review!