“# 1 Florence Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I found this Hampton Inn & Suites to be very worthy of it's # 1 TA ranking....friendly and professional management and staff, outstanding amenities, and squeeky clean. The rooms are quite large and very comfortable.....this is a very large and spacious hotel and nicer than most full service hotels. Keep it the good work HI&S !

• Stayed: October 2012
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the room size and its amenities to your liking. If it is one thing we pride ourselves on, it's our top notch staff! We are so thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again real soon. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We arrived at 10 minutes past 8 p.m. and were not acknowledged until close to 8:30. There was only one guest ahead of us. The elderly associate did not get help from his colleague until another guest came to the desk to ask for a toothbrush. I don't understand why he did not request help earlier. After the guest ahead of us was helped, the phone rang and the associate took that call before offering to check us in. He apologized for the wait but, I wish he would have asked his associate for help with the desk when we first arrived. We were hungry and tired after a long day.

The hotel is located conveniently off 95 but we heard no road noise, The grounds and common areas are lovely and clean. Upon entering our room, I noticed a slight odor. It could have been from the heater but, the heater was not on... it just smelled like that. Not too bad, though.

The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable.My only complaint about the bathroom is that there is only one little soap shelf in the shower. There is no bathtub but, that did not bother me. I would have liked a shelf or something for my shampoo and conditioner. (Well, I have to say it, and a place to step up to make shaving my legs easier.)

The bed was comfortable enough, just not something I would rave about. I do love the crisp, clean bed linens that Hampton Inn provides. Really nice.

Television and wi-fi functioned perfectly. The room was nice and quiet. We were on the 5th floor.

Breakfast area is nice, clean and re-supplied regularly. I like the waffles.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

We apologize that your experience was not as most guests have noted in their reviews; as we seek to provide the very best accomodations and hospitality possible. We are speaking with our entire front desk staff to address your concern regarding the length of time it took to check you in. We very much appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention as we always look for opportunites to improve our guests visit to the property. Again we thank you for your comments and hope that you will not let this one experience keep you from giving us an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We usually stay at Hampton Inns and this rates among the best. Our room was excellent--perfect in every way. We were greeted with friendly staff and warm cookies. Shortly after checking in we received a call from the front desk making sure everything was excellent and reminding us that if we needed anything to call them. After our wake-up call, we got a second call to be sure we had gotten our call. The morning desk staff were very accomodating and friendly. During breakfast, which had everything one could possibly want from a buffet, Terry Bess, the Guest Relations Specialist, visited with us to make sure our stay had been all that we expected. We highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves with “southern hospitality” and try to make a point of touching each guest with a fond and memorable experience. We look forward to hosting your hospitality needs in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is one of the best Hampton Inns we have ever stayed in. Everything was super clean, the staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent. There was a full breakfast with eggs, waffles, oatmeal and cereal, and fruit. All you could ask for. We make several trips from VA to FL and this is the half-way point. WE WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO STOP HERE!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Seldom have we been so completely satisfied at any Inn. We use Hampton Inns almost exclusively but this one is tops.Great service, great breakfast, great staff. Personnal greeting at breakfast by Terry Bass, guest relations specialist, who made us feel like we were the only ones staying there. Everything was impeccable! And I'm hard to please.

Room Tip: The're all good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Great beds/linens. Room was a little musty smelling, prob from ac not being on when I checked in. Hard to turn left from 95 into hotel. Good price. Helpful staff. Nice lobby! Had to travel for work and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay; however, I do apologize for the "musty" smell in the room and I thank you for bringing this to our attention as we always look for opportunites for improvement. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

On the day we checked in, a very nasty lady checked us in. I simply asked about certain restaurants and it was like I totally bothered her. I am a long time Hampton Inn user so this was very surprising. I was on a 2 week vacation in Myrtle Beach and I wasn't going to even do a review.
It gets worse, that night, the fire alarm went off and the same girl, acted like she had no clue what to do. Customers were out in the parking lot with absolutely no direction on what and when we could go back.

I know things happen, but no manager called us and apologized. We were just left to fend for ourselves. I will never stop in Florence or Stay at that Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant issue you experienced during your stay. I can tell you with confidence that this is abnormal for us and these issues have been addressed. We want our guests to have the best stay possible. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. I would hope that you would allow us to serve your lodging needs in the future so that we can demonstate our commitment to your comfort.