“Excellent Hampton Inn”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Indiana
“Excellent Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We usually stay at Hampton Inns and this rates among the best. Our room was excellent--perfect in every way. We were greeted with friendly staff and warm cookies. Shortly after checking in we received a call from the front desk making sure everything was excellent and reminding us that if we needed anything to call them. After our wake-up call, we got a second call to be sure we had gotten our call. The morning desk staff were very accomodating and friendly. During breakfast, which had everything one could possibly want from a buffet, Terry Bess, the Guest Relations Specialist, visited with us to make sure our stay had been all that we expected. We highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves with “southern hospitality” and try to make a point of touching each guest with a fond and memorable experience. We look forward to hosting your hospitality needs in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is one of the best Hampton Inns we have ever stayed in. Everything was super clean, the staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent. There was a full breakfast with eggs, waffles, oatmeal and cereal, and fruit. All you could ask for. We make several trips from VA to FL and this is the half-way point. WE WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO STOP HERE!

• Stayed October 2012
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Seldom have we been so completely satisfied at any Inn. We use Hampton Inns almost exclusively but this one is tops.Great service, great breakfast, great staff. Personnal greeting at breakfast by Terry Bass, guest relations specialist, who made us feel like we were the only ones staying there. Everything was impeccable! And I'm hard to please.

Room Tip: The're all good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Great beds/linens. Room was a little musty smelling, prob from ac not being on when I checked in. Hard to turn left from 95 into hotel. Good price. Helpful staff. Nice lobby! Had to travel for work and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay; however, I do apologize for the "musty" smell in the room and I thank you for bringing this to our attention as we always look for opportunites for improvement. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs!
Surf City, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

On the day we checked in, a very nasty lady checked us in. I simply asked about certain restaurants and it was like I totally bothered her. I am a long time Hampton Inn user so this was very surprising. I was on a 2 week vacation in Myrtle Beach and I wasn't going to even do a review.
It gets worse, that night, the fire alarm went off and the same girl, acted like she had no clue what to do. Customers were out in the parking lot with absolutely no direction on what and when we could go back.

I know things happen, but no manager called us and apologized. We were just left to fend for ourselves. I will never stop in Florence or Stay at that Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant issue you experienced during your stay. I can tell you with confidence that this is abnormal for us and these issues have been addressed. We want our guests to have the best stay possible. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. I would hope that you would allow us to serve your lodging needs in the future so that we can demonstate our commitment to your comfort.
Madison, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Chose this hotel because of clean bed guarrantee. Good location for travel between CT and FL. Lovely host at breakfast; Terry Bess. Did not use the pool but it looked great.

Go to Fatz across the road for dinner, yum!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accomodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

En route to the northeast in a hurry, I found this Hampton Inn via TripAdvisor and 'wow' is all I can say. Friendly check in staff despite a situation with the alarm going off sporadically, a hyper clean, fresh room that felt better than some fancy stays I just checked out of on summer vacation, and a Guest Relations manager, Terry, who personally apologized the next morning for the inconvenience, which it really wasn't even. The place is beyond clean, towels are ample, it smells and looks fresh, and the breakfast buffet extensive, clean and deelish. We were so impressed that we specifically timed our return trip to hit the place again on the way back and weren't disappointed. Highly recommended and the staff should give lessons to other hotels of higher alleged class.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay! All of the staff are truly marvelous, and I am happy to hear that Terry Bess in particular provided extraordinary service. She is truly a superstar, and I have shared your comments with her. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Florence, SC!