“Excellent Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Great location just off 95. Super clean lobby and rooms. Excellent staff. Breakfast was wonderful, pool and hot tub were superb after driving 9 hours. Flat screen tv fridge and microwave in the room. All for $119. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

999 - 1,005 of 1,043 reviews

Reviewed January 6, 2012

This property is either brand new or really well-maintained. Everything is so clean and nice. Rooms are big, fitness room is well-equipped and there is a large indoor pool. What really amazed me was how much I got for only $119. Free wi-fi. Free breakfast. Free newspaper. Free toiletries. Most hotels will make up for low rates with tacked-on amenity fees. This hotel just makes it seem like a better deal with every free perk you get. If you are staying here, you are probably just passing through town for a night. It's not a luxury resort, but it's perfect for just passing through, as it's close to a lot of restaurants near the interstate and only a few miles from downtown Florence. Hard to find any faults with it.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is a 'must-stay' in my book and will likely be for many years. My husband and I travel frequently travel between FL and VA and this stop in Florence is our halfway checkpoint. First of all, the staff is quick, friendly and effeicient. Secondly the room was impeccable. I will ALWAYS stay here vs that hideous "Thunderbird" embarassment.

Room Tip: Book room 232 for lots of space and great setup.
3  Thank QueenRB
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed here on Christmas day traveling down I-95 to Florida. The hotel lobby was beautifully decorated and we were greeted with cookies and apples which the kids loved. The fitness center and pool were great after a long days drive. The room was comfortable with 2 queen beds, Flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. Bathroom was clean and large. The only problem we had was getting a non feather pillow. This may be a lux item to some people but it just makes my allergies worse. Because it was a holiday, they were short staffed and seemed very busy. Never got the pillow I needed and used a rolled up sweatshirt instead. My own fault. I was too tired to ask again. Breakfast was nice and they even had to go bags.

Room Tip: Nice stop on 95
1  Thank MSRLK
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed over on Christmas Eve and when we entered we were impressed. The lobby was decorated for the holiday and looked quite festive. The desk team were not unfriendly nor discourteous just efficient. "Name, yes you a reservation, sign here, here are your room keys, elevator to your left." Oh, well. The room was quite spacious and the bathroom was well appointed and there were several toiletries available on the counter. The 37 inch TV was nice but the channel selection was limited. The bathroom towels were like sandpaper. And the bed was lumpy and overly soft. One might wonder if it were old enough for Conrad Hilton to have slept in personally. The sheets were abrasive. I don't expect 500 count threads at a Hampton Inn but these had outlived their time. And yes, I spread a blanket on the floor and that is where I slept. My wife tossed and turned in the bed all night. This is not an inexpensive place to stay and it's a shame my experience was a poor one. The building seems new, the room was clean, and it's location is good. As this is most likely an overnight stop, why not aim to make it a comfortable one. My wife wants me to add that it is an impressive looking room but it is more show than go.

Room Tip: You want a front facing room on third or fourth floor as they seem to be quieter.
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed here in Oct 2011 on our trip north to NJ. We almost stayed in the other Hampton in Florence but changed to this one and were VERY happy we did. This hotel gave us a very upscale feeling at an ecomony rate. It is a fairly new property and it shows! The staff was super friendly and accommodating. Our room was sooo comfortable and sooo clean. My daughter loved the comfort of the bed and asked me if I thought they would notice if we took the bed with us!!!! We asked for and received a pacNplay for the baby. Friendly staffer brought it and set it up for us! the breakfast area was absolutely awesome...a fire was going in the fireplace and the food, although the normal breakfast fare, was delicious and plentiful. I would go again just for this lovely seating area!! Great location, great staff,great value, great property!

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed one night here on our way to Maryland from Florida. It's a great location - easily accessible from I-95. The room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The staff was very nice and friendly. The breakfast was your average complimentary breakfast - scrambled eggs, waffles, french toast sticks, yougurt, fruit, danish, bagels, toast, etc.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family