“One of THE best Hamptons: new, best hot breakfast, friendliest reception on phone & in person”

Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed March 30, 2011

When traveling, Hampton Inns are our hotel of choice. We have stayed in them virtually all over the country. We stayed in this one Friday evening, late, 3/16/11, for first time. Will make it a favorite on our frequent trips on I-95
Right off 95; really good restaurants in area & cheap gas

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Dottie P
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Wow. What a great hotel, conveniently located right off I 95 in Florence, SC. Needed a stop on our way back to Florida, and listened to other Trip Advisor ratings. Best continental breakfast, very clean, comfortable rooms, cozy linens, huge bathroom, nice pool area, free wifi. Perfect place to stop while traveling, but it would be comfortable to stay here longer as well...and you can't beat $115.00 total!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2011

As a Hilton Honors member I have stayed at my share of Hampton Inns, Hilton Gardens and Hilton Hotels. While the quality of the hotels are basically the same; upgraded in decor, clean, better than average complimentary breakfast, and predictable in a good way, it is the hotel staff at each that makes the difference.

The Florence Hampton Inn staff greeted me with southern charm upon arrival. Without a reservation, they had no way of knowing I was a Honors member but I was treated as one as soon as I approached the front desk.

I settled in to my clean, comfortable room and prepared for a long evening of work. The chair at my desk was extremely low which made computer work uncomfortable. My attempt to adjust the chair was unsuccessful so I requested assistance and maintenance responded within minutes. When he could not adjust the chair, he went to another room to make an exchange but we realized it wasn't an adjustment problem. The chairs are low--or perhaps I am short. Just as I was about to resign myself to a long uncomfortable night of work, there was a knock at the door. The front desk manager rolled in a high back, adustable chair from the conference room. A simple solution, yes. But as we all know, it's the little things that make the biggest difference.

I recommend the Hampton Inn in Florence for its location, cleanliness, business center
but mainly for the extra-ordinary service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We made a quick change of hotels on the drive back from Florida to NY, choosing to stay at a closer destination after realizing the other hotel was another 90 minutes further away and that is a big difference on a very long drive, especially after driving 10 hours already. . We were happy we made the change because this was by far the nicest Hampton Inn we have stayed at.

This property is fairly new and was spotless. As all other rooms were sold out, we had the basic sized room which was large enough for my family of 4. The included breakfast was also very good. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly and one of them even went to another room to retrieve a luggage cart that a guest neglected to return after using it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Traveling from Florida to NJ and by 2:00am we had to stop and call it a night. This hotel was a unexpected surprise. Friendly service, great room, AC was great, bed extremely comfortbale, very very clean, breakfast in the AM was great.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My hubby and I picked this place to stop in between mIami and and NYC the staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. I would stop here again

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I was passing through SC on I95 and needed good nights sleep. For $115 after all the taxes they gave me an incredibly comfortable king size bed, a hot shower, and probably the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had. Coffee, check. Hot tea, check. Eggs, sausage, taters, check. Waffle iron, check. It was more than I wanted to spend, but I got my money's worth. Probably less than 1 minute from the highway.

• Stayed: October 2010