“Neater Than Most”

Golden Corral
Ranked #140 of 259 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The first thing that struck me as I went inside was that it appeared very clean, bright and more roomy than most Golden Corrals. The waiters all seemed effecient and professional. Food was pretty much consistent with the chains reputation....good if you're in the mood for a family type buffet.

There are newer reviews for Golden Corral

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Food used to be really good here, but now it just taste a little bland. Need some seasoning. Breakfast is pretty good.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

If there has to be one and only one, then the GC earns the title of best buffet during the week. We are seniors and we go between 2-4 PM for the "early bird" prices. No steaks between 2-4 but if we time it just right, we can get the steak at about 4:10 PM for the EB price. The wait staff is extremely friendly and helpful, as we leave a better than average 20% tip. The food is very good here, hot or cold, just like we like it.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

As my title states "the food was not as good as other Golden Corrals". I found this odd since they serve the same food. We stopped here on a Thursday for dinner and the place was pretty empty. The service was great but the food seemed like it was sitting too long or was over cooked compared to other GCs. Salad items were fresh and the best part of my meal.

1  Thank cgrsmkn
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I am not a big fan of buffets and this one kinda closed the door for me ever going to one again. The price is right and the food plentiful. But it was way overcooked, or over steamed. I went through several plates in the clean rack before I found a clean one. I do not understand how they can miss food stuck to edges of plates when they are stacking them. The wait staff is quick to remove your dirty plates but very rude.Each time I said thank you and got not response and getting drink refills was another story. After flagging someone down who then said they had to find my waiter he appeared and looked confused when I told him our drinks needed refilling. We did leave a tip, as we always do but it was much less than usual.
The entire restaurant is carpeted and while there I noticed 3 or 4 plates of food being dropped, and not much care to clean them up. If they could swept it into a dustpan, that was good for them, So I wonder what is growing in that carpet.

1  Thank LazyShore