“Good consistent breakfast, nice lunch with good specials daily”

Lamplighter Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 257 Restaurants in Florence
Olanta, South Carolina
“Good consistent breakfast, nice lunch with good specials daily”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I eat here once a month, sometimes more often. I've discovered that getting the pork chop with eggs and their wonderful grits makes me happy. I live 25 miles away, so I start my day of errands with breakfast here. I, many times, visit here while my car is in the shop nearby. They have an extensive breakfast fare including eggs, bacon, sausage, steak, corned beef hash, biscuits, white, whole wheat and rye toast, grits, home fries, pancakes and waffles--if you can't find something to order, you're not hungry!

Once I dropped in at lunch time to find they had a pita special on the lunch menu. It was so good, I was thrilled. It reminded me of the gyros I used to eat at fests and street stands in Germany. Wow, this guy can really make good tzatziki! There's all the usual country cooking most Southerners want, meats 'n veggies, sandwiches, chicken salad, burgers. Again, if you can't find something that appeals, you're NOT hungry.

This owner is a Greek immigrant and has his full compliment of buddies who sit and kibbutz in Greek as they schmooze away the mornings. The bus boys will bring you your drink and alert the waitress to your table. There's usually a dozen or so daily newspapers to share with this continually busy little eatery. The waitresses usually give it to you like you say you want it, even if that's not the usual way it's served. There's nothing not to love about this place.

I'm glad I found this place, by trial and error, a few years ago. My out of town visitors are never disappointed. It's not exotic, it's just simple and consistently good food. There's a steady flow of people of all ages and stages--they all seem to be regulars--there's, sometimes, a shortage of parking. It's hard to spend $10 per person, too.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Euro-lust

Malibu, California
“best breakfast in town.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

great grits, terrific fried biscuits. what keeps me coming back? the service. the wait staff enjoys what they do, and the head cook comes out to make sure everything is okay.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank hanoibelle
Florence, South Carolina
“Good meat & 3 a best price in town.”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Good home cooked meals for breakfast and lunch every day. Good value for the buck.

• Visited March 2011

Been to Lamplighter Restaurant? Share your experiences!