“Excellent Service & Food!!!”

Victors Steaks Wine Seafood
Ranked #5 of 279 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S Irby St
Description: Victor's experienced catering professionals will be happy to prepare and serve your private party-special dinner at your home (or the site of your choice). You may choose selections from Victor's Bistro Catering Menu...Or request a completely customized menu created especially for your event.
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

It’s been awhile since I ate at Victor’s and I am very happy to say I enjoyed an amazing meal and great service. If it’s been awhile since you ate there, you will find an expanded menu for seafood and steaks with options for sauces, innovative salads and appetizers, specialties and side vegetables. My ‘four seasons salad’ was fresh and delicious and my sides of roasted beets and mushroom risotto were perfect. Friends enjoyed the black bass, salmon and brochettes; we shared a praline caramel cheesecake—yummy! Enjoy!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Debi-Panos

Reviewed October 15, 2018

Upscale food in a casual atmosphere! Loved it! Food was amazing!! plus they had a bar with almost 200 premium wines and beers (you I didn't believe it either until I saw the selection. They also have a really nice courtyard for outdoor seating.

1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Piano music lovely -
Breakfast was only buffet option - no thanks - just needed something light and was told no option to buffet.
Room service required calling twice; it was during room service hrs and not prime time in restaurant. 1st time I was transferred to bar only to have a recording come on they would call me back. After 10 min I recalled and got a person who cheerfully took order and server who came to the room was most pleasant. This is only reason I even gave the restaurant 2 stars.
Went to bar as it was opening, with a friend around 5 with only 2 other people seated, and we were truely ignored to the point we had to check to make sure it was open. I have traveled extensively and have never encountered this flagerent dismissal from wait staff. After having to ask for our bill we called our friends to meet us across the street for drinks and dinner. It is my understanding the restaurant is different management from the hotel.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 7, 2018

This was our first trip to the restaurant. The ambiance is very nice and the piano player was a great touch. But from the get-go, it felt weird. The three of us were seated at a 4-top table that only had 2 settings. Fine - they went and got another setting, but I wondered where the other two had gone. The waitress came promptly and asked for a drink order. As my wife had gone to the ladies room, I asked her to come back in a moment to get a drink order. She did, but my wife had not had a chance to look at the menu yet, so the waitress left again. It turns out that the drink menu selection was not on the menu, so when she came back a third time, we had to ask for the drink menu - both a cocktail and wine menu were available.

After getting the menus, then we waited... the waitress either went to take a smoke break or gave us PLENTY of time to make our decision. When she finally came back, we ordered everything at once because it was just time to get something going.

It took another long time to actually get the drinks. You know how it is when you're waiting so long that you've drunk your entire glass of water? That's what happened. My wife can always see when I start figeting because it's been too long (the internal clock is ringing at this point) but I just smile and continue to wait.

Finally we get the crab dip and it was pretty good. We enjoyed that with our drinks.

The food came out and it looked good: I had the Crescent City meal with a 5-ounce filet and shrimp in a Cajun sauce. The steak was properly cooked but the shrimp were overdone - they did not want to slide off the stick. The real problem was the sauce: it was extremely tangy and salty. I think it was too much lemon, and far too much salt. In fact, everything on my plate was too salty.

My 7-year old son had the grilled cheese and french fries. The poor kid stopped eating his food because everything was also too salty on his plate.

My wife seemed to enjoy her black sea bass and I tasted it as well. It seemed really good and I wished I had gotten that.

Although the service was poor and the food was salty, we did had a nice evening together. That said, I expected a lot better for the price of $32 for my meal.

I mentioned to a friend that we'd gone to Victor's last night and he said he thought they were overpriced. I agree right now.

I doubt I will be back or recommending this to anyone unless there is some kind of overall quality improvement. From service to food, things need to be tightened up to make it as good as it wants to be.

1  Thank MattSmall1972
Reviewed October 4, 2018

I attended a business lunch at Victor's in downtown Florence. Located in a renovated older hotel, Victor's provided a warm and quiet atmosphere. The menu was small but provided several dishes I would have enjoyed. I decided on their Shrimp and Grits. Our server was prompt, friendly, and professional. The dish was beautifully presented, different from many shrimp and grits I've had elsewhere, and delicious. Meals are served with a basket of moist and sweet cornbread. I am typically a picky diner but found nothing at all to criticize. Just a great experience all around.

1  Thank Herb1953