“Solid but not as good as expected.”

Victors Steaks Wine Seafood
Ranked #4 of 265 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S Irby St
Description: Victor's experienced catering professionals will be happy to prepare and serve your private party-special dinner at your home (or the site of your choice). You may choose selections from Victor's Bistro Catering Menu...Or request a completely customized menu created especially for your event.
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Very well decorated and nice atmosphere inside. This is especially surprising after the outside area around it. The area is definitely going through gentrification and isn't there yet. The waitress was very nice. Service was good, not as attentive as I expect for fine dining. The food was good. My fish was a little dry but the sauce and accompaniments were very good. Very nice wine selection. I do think it's still pricey for this area. It wasn't quite worth what we paid. Overall good, not great.

1  Thank CH0317

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in florence just as an overnight during our 95 travels. Had read the reviews and menu for Victors Bistro and decided to check it out.....sooooo glad we did. We split the crab and fried green tomato salad which was Fantastic. Then had the cioppino and French quarter, both were excellent! Rounded out the meal by splitting the banana and praline cheesecake which was also wonderful. The service was above and beyond. It was a truly pleasant dining experience and I am jealous that the people of florence get to eat here whenever they like. When I find my self in town again, I will most certainly return to victors!

2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Ate in the meeting areas with a group and participating in our annual Board of Directors Retreat. The Filet Mignon I had for our Friday night dinner was one of the best I have ever had in any restaurant. I had been to the old location and expected a good meal, but wow!

1  Thank James M
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The four of us dined at Victor's on a Friday night. Reservations had been made so we were seated at our booth right away. To keep it short, the food we had was delicious; bacon wrapped scallops for our appetizers, salads, steaks, salmon filet, truffled smashed potatoes, etc. Dessert was fantastic: Banana Praline Cheesecake, and very large servings at that. Service was excellent. Our waitress was courteous and attentive, but not intrusive. Two negatives: the truffled, smashed potatoes were not very hot and due to the Friday Night Downtown event outside, the restaurant was quite noisy. So if you are looking for a quiet dining experience, schedule your visit when the Downtown music event is not going on, due to the band outside and the crowd noise. Otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed dining at Victor's Bistro.

1  Thank TimeToTravel2468
Reviewed July 29, 2014

While on a road trip south to Savannah, we were so pleased to have found Victor's Bistro on Trip Advisor. We needed a quick meal, especially since we were further off the highway than planned, but would have loved to have stayed and savored all of it. The Caesar salad was not only a beautiful presentation, but delicious and nice to see the chef use white anchovies. Chicken salad plate was quite tasty with just the right touch of curry and a large portion, the mini muffins that accompanied it were like dessert. Not sure when our travels will bring us back to Florence, but if so we will be sure to return.