“Lacked inspiration”

Victors Steaks Wine Seafood
Ranked #8 of 256 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S Irby St
Description: Victor's experienced catering professionals will be happy to prepare and serve your private party-special dinner at your home (or the site of your choice). You may choose selections from Victor's Bistro Catering Menu...Or request a completely customized menu created especially for your event.
Florence, South Carolina
“Lacked inspiration”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have been to Victor's before and this is the first time I wasn't completely delighted. I had the She Crab soup which is very rich and quite wonderful, and then the Mozzarella Fried Chicken. It's basically augratin potatoes with a piece of chicken on top, surrounded by creamed corn. Each of those individually might have been okay, but while eating the combination I kept thinking that I could have saved money by getting a KFC bowl.

2 Thank nancy1755
Jackmadd, General Manager at Victors Steaks Wine Seafood, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I would like to personally say that I am sorry you did not care for the Mozzarella Chicken! I know, if given the opportunity, we would regain you confidence. If and when you feel comfortable returning to Victors, please allow me to treat you to any meal of your choice. Please feel free to call me do discuss your recent visit, or the possibility of giving up another chance. Thanks you for your feedback, as it can only help us improve our guest's experience.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Still Seeking Excellence”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

While returning to FL, we sought out Hotel Florence and especially Victor's due to TA reviews. Hotel is terrific, Victor's still has challenges.Mangement needs a little tweaking and with minimum effort, can make it to the next level.Bar service and quality of drinks and value is excellent, just a little shy on size of wine-by-the-glass pour.Both bartenders and Maitre d' were right on the ball, mentioning the special, red snapper, which is only available 3 weekends annually due to fishing restrictions. Waiter, Scott mentioned it when we were seated and I indicated at least one order after our review of menu and wine list. Ordered an excellent Chassange-Montrachet, which was promptly delivered, but no wine bucket. After discussing, Scott brought bucket with a few ice cubes and then filled it with more ice and we added the water from our water glasses to properly chill the wine. Scott returned to take our order and all was well until he returned to tell us the special was sold out. There was a private party in a rear room and they ordered the snapper and none was available for the general dining, at 6:30! OK, this lack of coordination is not the end of the world, but it does reduce the dining experience level. Ordered the Full size cut of salmon, as we were already into the white burgundy. Salads and bread were delivered and excellent. When entrees came, the Chef had decided to supply two small salmon cuts as the Full size were 86'd. Both were over-broiled and end/side cuts, not an appropriate substitution. I complained and he went to get manager as there was no other good substitute, wife was finishing her meal and it was the height of the dining hour and nothing would come out of the kitchen in a short turn-around. Manager did remove the entrée, but the mood was gone and it became just food for fuel at that point and very expensive as the wine chosen was meant to complement the snapper. This is just an example of how a little more thorough training and coordination could bring the dining experience to the next level. The food and service was very good, a little pricey for this area, but the value is close. We had breakfast in the morning and it was excellent and service was great. We will certainly return, but will be more aware of the necessity to participate in the process to make a very enjoyable experience even better.

• Visited July 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the less than perfect experience you had recently. You are correct, and there are opportunity areas that we are addressing. There should have been better communication on our part, and for this I am sorry. However, I know, if given the opportunity, we would regain your confidence. If and when you feel comfortable returning to Victors, please allow me to treat you to any meal of your choice. Please feel free to call me do discuss your recent visit, or the possibility of giving up another chance. Thanks you for your feedback, as it can only help us improve our guest's experience.

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast Overload”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel Florence and Victors in located on the first floor. We had breakfast there every morning. From the smile at the hostess stand to the friendliness of the waitstaff, the first morning was great. The atmosphere is lovely, as it is in an old building that has be remodeled with and old country flare mixed in.

The food was phenomenal!!! You must try the grits, never had anything like them....AWESOME!!! The bacon was perfection. You receive warm biscuits as you wait and a little butter and strawberry preserve, you have to stop yourself from eating them to ensure you have room for your meal.

We never got the chance to do dinner there but I suspect it is just as great. I did, however, stop for a late night dessert. Try the brownie....speechless!

Enjoy!

1 Thank Lucretia W
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Very poor service, common for Victor's”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

A group of my friends decided to meet at Victor's for dinner and drinks. We decided to sit outside to listen to the live music. Service was extremely slow. The waiter only came to the table 4 times in 2 hours. Now, I prefer not to have wait staff constantly asking if I need anything, but a few times is acceptable. The water glasses were only refilled one time. To speed up the service, I walked inside to get drinks from the bar directly. I overhead the bartender tell a person who appeared to be a manager on duty, "That table just ordered 6 martinis, we don't have anymore glasses for them!" The manager pulled a waiter and told him to go around and collect all the martini glasses from the tables. I should not have heard that conversation, nor should Victor's be out of glassware. It was NOT overly busy. I have read the other reviews about Victor's. Sadly, I think most of them are false or made up to make Victor's appear to have better food and customer service. Come on Florence, we can do much better!!

5 Thank NathanielCM
I would like to personally apologize for the poor and untimely service you experienced while joining us on the patio, and you are correct, the staff should always be aware of their surroundings when discussing service concerns. However, I know, if given the opportunity, we would regain you confidence. If and when you feel comfortable returning to Victors, please allow me to treat you to any meal of your choice. Please feel free to call me do discuss your recent visit, or the possibility of giving up another chance. Thanks you for your feedback, as it can only help us improve our guest's experience.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Very Nice Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our dinner was really great at Victors this past weekend.
Our food was delicious and the waiter was very good also. We had the filet mignon. We would absolutely go there again. Yes, a bit expensive but it was our anniversary so I didnt mind it a bit. Very nice outdoor patio. When we went Todd Norris was playing and was great. I believe they have live music on Thursday and Friday nights on the back patio also. Im not sure which night is best for the live music back patio but Todd didnt have much audience after 8 or 9 pm so he had to eventually stop. So maybe more people show up on Thurs or Frid night. We didnt go for the back patio live music but it was a nice surprise after our dinner to sit outside.